• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Mexico City Raiders"? NFL Wants To Test Mexico...

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...in 2017.

NFL hopes to play in Mexico City next year

According to Albert Breer of NFL Network, a contingent of NFL officials will travel to Mexico City soon to see how close Azteca Stadium is to being ready to host an NFL game. Azteca Stadium previously hosted an NFL regular-season game in 2005, but there are logistical issues there that need to be addressed before another NFL game can be played there.

“All the work we’re doing in Mexico now is to determine whether the stadium can be ready,” said Mark Waller, the NFL’s executive vice president of international. “We don’t have a definitive decision yet, but they’re working hard to get [the stadium] there.”

The outstanding issues include making sure the locker rooms are big enough to accommodate NFL teams, improving the technology for headset communications and having enough space for the needs of the NFL’s network television partners. If all of those issues can be addressed before the 2016 season, there’s a good chance that Azteca Stadium will host a game next year, on top of the three games in London.

If not, the NFL will probably play four games in London next year. But the league is hoping to get to Mexico soon, and if 2016 doesn’t work, 2017 likely will. The NFL is serious about expanding beyond the borders of the United States.

oakland-raiders-fans.jpg

Let's see those guys get through customs.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a great idea as a once a year kind of thing. If it can work in London, it can work in Mexico City....

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a great idea as a once a year kind of thing. If it can work in London, it can work in Mexico City....
I was just thinking I would do Mexico before London.

Makes a lot more sense.

How many baseball leagues in London?

How many in Latin America?

Why not Latin American Football? SoCal Raider Fan already "speaka Spanish" like they say here.

Raiders-1.jpg

A "work release" program would do wonders for the Fan Base.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking I would do Mexico before London.

Makes a lot more sense.

How many baseball leagues in London?

How many in Latin America?

Why not Latin American Football? SoCal Raider Fan already "speaka Spanish" like they say here.

I agree, but forget even that for a sec...What a bitch of a trip for the teams to have to go to London!!! May as well have a team in Hong Kong too while you're at it..

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but forget even that for a sec...What a bitch of a trip for the teams to have to go to London!!! May as well have a team in Hong Kong too while you're at it..

They did Frankfurt some time ago too, didn't they? Actually easier to get in and out of then London. More people with money too.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did Frankfurt some time ago too, didn't they? Actually easier to get in and out of then London. More people with money too.

Hey, once your crap is packed for overseas travel, who really cares how far you go at that point, no? :suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I really think about it, If they're going to play anywhere...Why not give Hawaii a real game instead of the crappy Pro Bowl every year?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been talking about moving to Los Angeles for years.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good part is the planes are larger....bad part is they are all packed 100% with humans.

The planes might be larger, but the seats are smaller...I'm a skinny guy(but do have broad shoulders)my last flight I had an aisle seat and the stewardess kept bumping into my shoulder, then she smashed it with a drink cart on the way by. Felt damn good(not really lol)

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The planes might be larger, but the seats are smaller...I'm a skinny guy(but do have broad shoulders)my last flight I had an aisle seat and the stewardess kept bumping into my shoulder, then she smashed it with a drink cart on the way by. Felt damn good(not really lol)

Flying Coach from SAN to ATL blows eleven ways from Sunday.

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll thread.

Raider Fan just in time to pick up some beers before anyone asks him to ante up?

Y'all would not go to Mexico City to watch the Los Angeles Raiders of Mexico City?

Que lastima!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raider Fan just in time to pick up some beers before anyone asks him to ante up?

Y'all would not go to Mexico City to watch the Los Angeles Raiders of Mexico City?

Que lastima!

I'm not even a Raiders fan and I'd consider going...The food, the atmosphere, I bet it would be a fun time...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...in 2017.

NFL hopes to play in Mexico City next year

According to Albert Breer of NFL Network, a contingent of NFL officials will travel to Mexico City soon to see how close Azteca Stadium is to being ready to host an NFL game. Azteca Stadium previously hosted an NFL regular-season game in 2005, but there are logistical issues there that need to be addressed before another NFL game can be played there.

“All the work we’re doing in Mexico now is to determine whether the stadium can be ready,” said Mark Waller, the NFL’s executive vice president of international. “We don’t have a definitive decision yet, but they’re working hard to get [the stadium] there.”

The outstanding issues include making sure the locker rooms are big enough to accommodate NFL teams, improving the technology for headset communications and having enough space for the needs of the NFL’s network television partners. If all of those issues can be addressed before the 2016 season, there’s a good chance that Azteca Stadium will host a game next year, on top of the three games in London.

If not, the NFL will probably play four games in London next year. But the league is hoping to get to Mexico soon, and if 2016 doesn’t work, 2017 likely will. The NFL is serious about expanding beyond the borders of the United States.

View attachment 44107

Let's see those guys get through customs.

Just wait and see when the entire Ravens team is kidnapped and the NFL refuses to pay the ransom for a bunch of punks......

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logistically Mexico makes more sense than London. Too bad traveling there could cost you your life.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Mexico. That country is a fucking dump. The NFL should concentrate more on Canada. A team in Toronto and one in Vancouver.