• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we do the right thing and all leave him on waivers where he belongs... 2 catches, just so happened to be long TD's...tough to repeat.

Tavon may still be worth a shot. With our short bench he may not fit on many rosters, but at this time of the season it is difficult to find someone that will be even marginal and Tavon does have the speed to to be a home run hitter.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this elevate him a bit in regards to Clemens looking his way a bit more often?

I wouldn't say 3 targets is more often... and if I'm not mistaken, they were all of the short/screen/swing variety...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 Report

Changing of the Guard

Bandit is out as the baddest ass of the Barbarians – and Microwahevo is in.

Bandit fell to HaroldSeattle 118-94, extending Bandit’s losing streak to four games and dropping him to a 5-5 three-way tie atop the Visigoths. Bandit’s 94 was a middle-of-the-pack score this week, and it watered down his breakdown record to 75-35-0.

Microwahevo took advantage, stomping MilkSpiller 115-77 to add 9 breakdown wins to reach 75-34-1, and overtake Bandit by a slim half game for the breakdown lead. Micro is not only the breakdown leader but also the top seed, being the only Barbarian to reach seven wins.

There in the shadows, though, lurks JDM. He has been quietly behind Micro in the Huns division. With a league-high 125 as he smacked Sox he’s now 6-4 and replaces Bandit as the points leader (with Micro narrowly in third).

So Bandit no longer leads the Barbarians in anything any more. Not too late for Bandit, but he’s reaching a crisis.

In Sight

HaroldSeattle’s win, coupled with the losses by Milk and Sox, has him up two in his division with four games to play – and he has a dominant 3-0 division record that gives him tiebreakers against all the other Ostrogoths. If he wins again next week and Milk and Sox lose, Harold’s playoff spot is all but assured.

Chaos Among the Visigoths

After four straight defeats, the Visigoths don’t believe Bandit is the alpha dog any more, and it’s going to get ugly. Even the Drone thinks she has a chance after trouncing TK to get to 4-6 and within a game of everyone else. When the division games come back around a week from now, it’s gonna be a bloodbath.

Champions of the Oppressed

With a win last weekend, wilwhite would have been gunning for a ninth victory and a certain playoff berth this week, and he posted a solid 111, good for second-highest score in the league - but TKO was not impressed. He threw down a league-high 119 to bring ww back into a 7-3 tie with Treff atop the Athos division, and climbed up to 6-4 himself and within a game of ww, with the all-important head-to-head edge against him in the wild card race.

Lowly Scapegoat slew the Goliath Lefty 100-90. Lefty also could have been in position to secure a playoff berth here in Week 11 had he won. With the victory, Scape climbs out of the bottom of the power rankings barrel and is even, for the moment, clear of the icy clutches of relegation (and within a game of the Mediocrity Division lead). Thanks to Scapegoat, TKO is also within a game of Lefty for the Aramis division lead.

Monkey and Joe’s losses would have effectively eliminated them this week, but they were saved by Scape and TKO. Thanks to those two, everyone in the A League still has a chance.

Somebody Had To Win

While wilwhite posted the second-highest score and lost, Treff posted the second-lowest and won, stumbling past Duff of Non-Posting, 66-40, and woke up, dizzy and disoriented, back in a tie for the Athos lead.

Record for Foot

Having skewered Sam and Tlance for their atrocious 37s, we have to take due note of the new standard for turdishness as Foot’s team put up a woeful 33 to hand Chef’s Soggy Bottom Boyz a little relief from their constant sorrow. Everyone on Foot’s squad suited up and everyone scored at least one fantasy point, but there’s not a double digit among them. Novak’s team-high 8 was as much as Kaep, CJ1K and Tolbert combined.

Nonetheless, Foot is still in it at 5-5, only a game behind the wild-card leaders.

Them Huns Is Tough

Barilko beat dblake 97-72 for his fourth straight win to get to 6-4. Not a single Hun is under .500, and they are 18-10 against the other divisions.

Standings

Keepers of the Flame

Barbarians at the Gate

Keepers of the Flame vs. Barbarians at the Gate

The KOTF posting a weak 1038 while the Barbarians at the Gate put up a slightly less weak 1064. The KOTF lead drops 26 points to 105, 11437-11332. Teams moving as of now: 2

Heading Up

Champ
?

B League Breakdown Leaders
75-34-1 Microwahevo
75-35-0 Bandit
68-41-1 JDM

Top Seed
7-3-0 Microwahevo
6-4-0 JDM
6-4-0 HaroldSeattle

Power Rankings
34.0 - Microwahevo
32.0 - JDM
28.5 - Bandit
28.0 - HaroldSeattle

Points Leaders
1101 - JDM
1093 - Bandit
1086 - Microwahevo

If the season ended today Micro would move up by being breakdown leader. The other team would be JDM - unless a third team is the SB Champ.

Heading Down

POWER RANKING (W-L/Breakdown/PF)
3.5 - Monkey (1.5/1/1)
8.0 - Duff (4/2/2)
-------------
10.0 - Scape (4/3/3)
13.0 - Ram (4/4/5)
13.5 - Joe (1.5/5/7)
17.0 - Sam (7/6/4)

...and on to Week 11 :fencing:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say 3 targets is more often... and if I'm not mistaken, they were all of the short/screen/swing variety...

Well the first was a drag route that he took the distance, but the second was a deep shot. And I'm not saying 3 targets means anything, what I meant was, does what he did with the two he caught give the QB a little more confidence in looking his way a little more often found forward. I know if I saw a receiver turn a sort dump pass into an 80+ ya TD, I might give him a couple more looks.
Still not going to bank on him, but it sure couldn't hurt.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will.. You stud you! :)
I'm embarrassed in the way that we're tied, but I'm not about to give it up either.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotcha... that I agree with, but I would think that's why they drafted him, and "should have" known to try to utilize him like that all along... sure makes you wonder.

another great write up wilwhite! ...and, I do my best ;)

Monkey and Joe’s losses would have effectively eliminated them this week, but they were saved by Scape and TKO. Thanks to those two, everyone in the A League still has a chance

:yahoo:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up Will..............have you ever thought of starting a website with all of us, doing rankings and such, picking a cool name and...........oh, wait..............nevermind...................

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up Will..............have you ever thought of starting a website with all of us, doing rankings and such, picking a cool name and...........oh, wait..............nevermind...................

Sam, you're killing me with nuggets like this !!!!!! :laugh3::yahoo:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, on my quest for 40K VCash, who should I double my money on this week? Will the Texans get a win against the Raiders? Does Indy come back and win big this week?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, on my quest for 40K VCash, who should I double my money on this week? Will the Texans get a win against the Raiders? Does Indy come back and win big this week?

Keenum, Baby!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is some funny shit Sam. Laughed out loud in the middle of work.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want everybody to notice that while I did lose this week I also extended my "points against" lead to 56 over the entire MBBRL. And since we all know that our fantasy teams doing poorly is never our own faults, I blame Wil for screwing me in the scheduling department. :lol:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D'oh !?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowly Scapegoat slew the Goliath Lefty 100-90.

Hope this doesn't mean that Scape has an affair, then "arranges" for the husband to be killed?

Monkey and Joe’s losses would have effectively eliminated them this week, but they were saved by Scape and TKO. Thanks to those two, everyone in the A League still has a chance.

Thanks Nova Scotia TKO and the ruddy David-esk Scape.

Foot’s team put up a woeful 33 to hand Chef’s Soggy Bottom Boyz a little relief from their constant sorrow.

This was funny. I'm sure Chef liked it too. Looks like Foot hit an obb-stackle.

Heading Down

POWER RANKING (W-L/Breakdown/PF)
3.5 - Monkey (1.5/1/1)
8.0 - Duff (4/2/2)
-------------
10.0 - Scape (4/3/3)
13.0 - Ram (4/4/5)
13.5 - Joe (1.5/5/7)
17.0 - Sam (7/6/4)

Hard to believe that I lost and still "increased" my KOTF ranking! But I'll definitely take the bump in the standings.

Nice as always, Wil. This might just be my favorite league.

Last edited by a moderator:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we did this??

Week 11 picks
TKO uppercases Treff
Lefty aces Fuzzies
Wil DJ's Sam
Ram dodges Doug
Scape Goliath's Monkey
tlance bags Joe

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This was funny. I'm sure Chef liked it too. Looks like Foot hit an obb-stackle."

I did enjoy it. As far as the match went, I felt like Clooney did when he finally won back Holly Hunter.

I almost felt bona fide...:nod:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did enjoy it. As far as the match went, I felt like Clooney did when he finally won back Holly Hunter.

I almost felt bona fide...:nod:

You're a suitor.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is an obb-stackle?

Don't worry Sam and Lefty I will get the site up to par in the off season. I don't mean to address this now but since it was mildly brought up we still have a few spots open for it and we have certainly come to know some really good people who have become really good additions to our daily banter. But let's save those thoughts and potential goings on to brighten up our days and add some excitement and sunshine to the dreaded long and cold off season. Rome was not built in a day, but last year we poured the foundation. With the people in our presence we have a lot of promising potential here to do something. This off season we will continue.

On another note Will is an asset pure and simple and we will need him to reach our full potential, but let's not address anybody or anything of that nature right now! It's almost party time.