• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoff game I lost by 2 points. Got excited when I saw this post (had Goff). Rechecked the final scores and now I lost by 3!
Not laughing at the loss. Just the salt in the wound for the site

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not laughing at the loss. Just the salt in the wound for the site
Espn has been so bad this year. Every week the scores are messed up, the score changes, it goes back and forth, they don’t fix some of it, just awful

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am about done with ESPN at this point, the problem is where to move it. I liked Fantrax until they changed the interface this year and now I hate it. I will never pay CBS $150.00 to run my league. NFL.com sucks ass. Yahoo doesn't allow people from Florida to join their pay leagues so they can kiss my ass. Real time sports sucks. Anybody got a site that has a decent interface and is easy to use (this is very important for about 4 people in my league that are NOT at all computer savvy), allows the commissioner to draft players for people during the draft (ESPN took this feature away this year and we had to scramble for everybody to do it on their phone since I normally do the picks for everybody that is at my house), allows you to put keepers in certain rounds (something ESPN doesn't do but Fantrax and Yahoo do) and doesn't suck ass.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am about done with ESPN at this point, the problem is where to move it. I liked Fantrax until they changed the interface this year and now I hate it. I will never pay CBS $150.00 to run my league. NFL.com sucks ass. Yahoo doesn't allow people from Florida to join their pay leagues so they can kiss my ass. Real time sports sucks. Anybody got a site that has a decent interface and is easy to use (this is very important for about 4 people in my league that are NOT at all computer savvy), allows the commissioner to draft players for people during the draft (ESPN took this feature away this year and we had to scramble for everybody to do it on their phone since I normally do the picks for everybody that is at my house), allows you to put keepers in certain rounds (something ESPN doesn't do but Fantrax and Yahoo do) and doesn't suck ass.
sadly i think fantrax is the next best, but that interface is awful

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked FleaFlicker which was a free AOL interface. Haven't used it in over a decade.

I was the only one in our league who liked FleaFlicker because it seemed easy and it even had a weather icon in the weekly matchups. One owner who was also an I.T. guy hated it. Couldn't understand why, but we moved the league to Yahoo, and then ESPN .

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't like Fantrax and CBS is a non-starter.

ESPN and Y! are the best free options. I know they have their flaws, but unfortunately you get what you pay for.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand why you guys like Fantrax.

I get it for dynasty leagues. There are tons of options there. For a redraft league with vanilla settings though? No way.

Their interface is terrible. It is really difficult to find free agents. Y! And ESPN are 1000 times better there.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally use a desktop, so the interface is not as bad on Fantrax.

ESPN I have always had my personal issues with.

Yahoo screws up the IDP badly and it seems like every time I get on there and move players around it stops and tells me I have times out and need to sign in again.

The one season I played on NFL, everything about it sucked.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it for dynasty leagues. There are tons of options there. For a redraft league with vanilla settings though? No way.

Their interface is terrible. It is really difficult to find free agents. Y! And ESPN are 1000 times better there.
this , for year to year redrafts its hands down espn for me. BUt they have been so bad this year with scorring errors, app errors, etc

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add that all but one of my leagues is on ESPN. For that reason, I like ESPN.

Since we're reminiscing, The Sporting News had a budget based league which I liked a lot. If your player did well, his budget value increased which raised your overall budget. Guess it wasn't very popular and didn't last long.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you tried the app?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you tried the app?

No.

But I also had to delete the ESPN AP after the draft because it was so bad and I couldn't access the regular site answer long as I had the AP. Y! Is just as bad.

I detest Aps for fantasy. They are watered down versions of what the actual site offers.

In other words, I don't want the Fantrax AP either.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you tried the app?
To me the Fantrax app is slow.
So long as I know that I've used one of their sub-menus, I can navigate the app ok. But there are times where it's a waste of my time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yahoo is the worst though.... they dont ever edit their positional eligibility list... and sure fantrax redraft isn't as great... BUT having all my SportsHoopla leagues on ONE site helps a lot...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent noticed scoring problems from up here on espn at all

i never use aps for any FF

i too dislike Fantrax except it surely fills our Dynasty needs....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two cents..I honestly don't get where the disdain for ESPN is coming from. I really don't see any issues other than its just sorta bare bones (which may be why I don't see any problems). I do like Fantrax much better, but as Bandit mentioned, the new interface REALLY is shit. Flea Flicker is HORRID, HORRIS, HORRID, my 15 year old step son that barely passed computer science could design a better website. Sworn off CBS, leaving only Yahoo, which I haven't been on in over 5 years.

I'm perfectly fine staying on ESPN, as whatever it is thats wrong, there's worse out there.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two cents..I honestly don't get where the disdain for ESPN is coming from. I really don't see any issues other than its just sorta bare bones (which may be why I don't see any problems). I do like Fantrax much better, but as Bandit mentioned, the new interface REALLY is shit. Flea Flicker is HORRID, HORRIS, HORRID, my 15 year old step son that barely passed computer science could design a better website. Sworn off CBS, leaving only Yahoo, which I haven't been on in over 5 years.

I'm perfectly fine staying on ESPN, as whatever it is thats wrong, there's worse out there.

Bingo bingo

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami International is jacked up. We have had 4 gate changes in the last 30 minutes and they have very few seats or charging stations