• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto.
Three KOTF teams are 4-4. Six teams are 3-5 (that's where I fall). Despite being .500 or below, all four teams in the Porthos Division are in the running for a playoff birth.

Currently, here's the bottom half of the KOTF, all are 3-5:
12) Fuzzies
11) Sam
10) Monkey
9) tlance
8) Joe
7) Scape

The "quest" for the bottom 6 are essentially just to keep ahead of the other 5 that share the same fate.

What is the tie breaker for sending the 2 teams down? It must not be total points or I wouldn't be 12th.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the tie breaker for sending the 2 teams down? It must not be total points or I wouldn't be 12th.

That's a good question. Since I was only basing my list on the ESPN rankings. The MBBRL may have different criteria. Wil?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In normal circumstances, two teams will move up from the B league to the A league and two teams will move down from the A league to the B league. Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker -- and if we still have a tie, whoever does better in a Fantasy Playoff Challenge to be determined.

The two teams moving up from the B League will go according to these criteria:
1. Champion
2. Regular season breakdown leader
3. Top seed
4. Regular season power rankings leader
5. Regular season points leader
If the B League champion meets all the other criteria, only a single team moves up (and only a single team moves down). Otherwise, the other B League team with the top-most criterion also moves up. (In the unlikely event of a tie, we'll again go to a Fantasy Playoff Challenge as the tiebreaker.)

To Spice Things Up
If in the regular season the B league outscores the A league, FOUR teams move instead of two. If that happens and the B League criteria above doesn't provide four teams, we'll use playoff seeding for the rest. If the B league outscores the A league by more than 480 FF points, SIX teams move.

a refresher from Wil, from page 99

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry TKO.. not ready to go forward the rest of the year with Rudolph at TE.

figured... but I reacted too quickly to your counter, I put it back up...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and there I go, I switched it up again... I'm sure the minor change won't bother you...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 Report

Barbarian Brawl

The big games of the week all lived up to the hype, and none more so than the titanic battle atop the B League. The leader of the Visigoths (that would be Alaric, aka Microwahevo), challenged the supremacy of the leader of the Huns (that would be Attila... aka Bandit) --

-- and the ensuing clash brought out the best in both armies. Bandit threw down 43 from Brees and Micro countered with 36 from Megatron and 28 from Stafford - but Bandit stole some of that with 16 from Reggie Bush.

After the first round Micro had 90 with Moreno, LeVeon, the Raiders D and Lynch still in reserve, while Bandit had 74 but still had powerhouse receivers Harry Douglas, Jordy Nelson and Larry Fitzgerald plus the Packers DST. In the late games Micro threw down 43 from Moreno, LeVeon and the Raiders to get to 133 with Lynch still to go, and Bandit got 22 from Douglas and Fitz to creep up to 96.

The Sunday night matchup brought Bandit's last players: Jordy and the Packers D. Could they combine for 37 to get to 133 and at least match Bandit (and hope for a poor game from Lynch)?

With five minutes left in Minnesota, Jordy and the Packers D had combined to give Bandit 43 points and a 6-point lead. And then, with a 24-point edge, the Packers eased up, Minny piled on yards and two TDs, and the DST score dropped from 19 to 11.

Bandit ended up at 131, and barring a bad game with a fumble from Lynch, it was over.

Lynch didn't fumble. Microwahevo held on, 135-131. Microwahevo is now the top seed - barely - in the B League, and is closing the gap in breakdown and PF.

That matchup featured the two highest scores in both leagues.

Atop the A League

Top-seed Treff and Top-Everything-Else Lefty faced off for A League dominance. Both teams crossed the century mark, and Treff was down 108-101 with Hauschka to go.

24 hours and two PATs later, Lefty dances away with a 108-103 victory, and is again sitting atop all the categories - although wilwhite, with a 129-86 thrashing of Duff, has closed to within 4 games of Lefty in breakdown, and 27 points in PF.

Lefty, Treff and wilwhite (all 6-2) are the only teams more than two games away from .500 in either league. Parity reigns.

Sampernick: The Reunion

Cellar-Dweller Sam and his dysfunctional relationship with his QB took a new turn as Sam contritely asked forgiveness for the Foles dalliance, and Kaep responded with a stunning return of affection, giving Sam a sterling 29 and reminding him of the old days back in early September when the future looked so bright. That, plus TKO's having the Wrong Guys in Denver, broke TKO's four-game winning streak, gave Sam a much-needed 96-92 win, and vaulted him, for the moment at least, out of the cold clutch of relegation.

A Turd from Tlance

It seemed nobody could crawl underneath Sam's atrocious 37 from Week 2 - and nobody has. But Sam now has company in the "37 Club" as Tlance woefully Vicked, Randled, and Wittened his way to a 94-37 loss to Fuzzy.

Thunderdrone II (The Lisfranker)

The Drone won her second in a row, crippling The Foot 109-70. Two weeks ago she was last in the power rankings (and alone in last place in every category); she's jumped up to seventh now.

Beware the Drone. Hell hath no fury like an imaginary internet woman in a matchup up with you (just ask Manti Teo).

Other Scores

Barilko beat TK, 87-70
Milk's Marsupials hopped over JDM, 114-94
Chef took down Sox, 95-60
Dblake rained on HaroldSeattle, 107-62
Ram smashed Scapegoat, 102-87
Joe trapped Monkey, 103-68

Standings

Keepers of the Flame

Barbarians at the Gate

Keepers of the Flame vs. Barbarians at the Gate

The Barbarians of the Gate came back strong from their season low by posting 1134, 29 points more than the Keepers of the Flame's 1105. The KOTF lead is down to 79 points, 9225-9146. Teams moving as of now: 2

Heading Up

As of Week 8: SB Champ, Bandit, Microwahevo (if Bandit is SB Champ)

Teams moving up from the B League will go according to these criteria:
1. Champion
2. Regular season breakdown leader
3. Top seed
4. Regular season power rankings leader
5. Regular season points leader
If the B League champion meets all the other criteria, only a single team moves up (and only a single team moves down).

Champ
?

B League Breakdown Leaders
63-25-0 Bandit
60-27-1 Microwahevo

Top Seed
5-3-0 Microwahevo (H2H tiebreaker over Bandit, HaroldSeattle & dblake)
5-3-0 Bandit (H2H tiebreaker over dblake, PF tiebreaker over HaroldSeattle)
5-3-0 dblake (H2H tiebreaker over HaroldSeattle)
5-3-0 HaroldSeattle

Power Rankings
34.5 - Bandit
32.5 - Microwahevo
29.5 - dblake

Points Leaders
916 - Bandit
882 - Microwahevo

If the season ended today Bandit would move up by being breakdown leader. The other team would be Microwahevo unless a third team is the SB Champ.

Heading Down

Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker -- and if we still have a tie, whoever does better in a Fantasy Playoff Challenge to be determined.

POWER RANKING (W-L/Breakdown/PF)
5.5 - Monkey (3.5/1/1)
7.5 - Scape (3.5/2/2)
-------------
12.5 - Sam (3.5/6/3)
15.0 - Duff (8/3/4)
15.5 - Joe (3.5/5/7)
15.5 - Tlance (3.5/7/5)

...and on to Week 9 :fencing:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Drone won her second in a row, crippling The Foot 109-70. Two weeks ago she was last in the power rankings (and alone in last place in every category); she's jumped up to seventh now.

Beware the Drone. Hell hath no fury like an imaginary internet woman in a matchup up with you (just ask Manti Teo).

great stuff as always Wil, but to incorporate a Manti Teo analogy to the drone during the week the drone beats the Foot, renders me speechless... other than what I've just said.

:clap:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
done and done... and done.

to TKO: DT, Rudolph

to Treff: DMC, Decker

..this gives me a bye week TE option that's better than Chandler who I might have been able to claim, and ups my Decker into Thomas... giving me Thomas squared, if you will. The cost of DMC for that exchange is okay with me. Hopefully SJax and Trent become somewhat relevant.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!

POWER RANKING (W-L/Breakdown/PF)
5.5 - Monkey (3.5/1/1)
7.5 - Scape (3.5/2/2)
-------------
12.5 - Sam (3.5/6/3)
15.0 - Duff (8/3/4)
15.5 - Joe (3.5/5/7)
15.5 - Tlance (3.5/7/5)

Oh man, it's worse than I thought.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lol'd a lot.......

Sampernick: The Reunion

Cellar-Dweller Sam and his dysfunctional relationship with his QB took a new turn as Sam contritely asked forgiveness for the Foles dalliance, and Kaep responded with a stunning return of affection, giving Sam a sterling 29 and reminding him of the old days back in early September when the future looked so bright. That, plus TKO's having the Wrong Guys in Denver, broke TKO's four-game winning streak, gave Sam a much-needed 96-92 win, and vaulted him, for the moment at least, out of the cold clutch of relegation.

A Turd from Tlance

It seemed nobody could crawl underneath Sam's atrocious 37 from Week 2 - and nobody has. But Sam now has company in the "37 Club" as Tlance woefully Vicked, Randled, and Wittened his way to a 94-37 loss to Fuzzy.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam you are the man with recaps. ..... excellent as always.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Turd from Tlance

It seemed nobody could crawl underneath Sam's
atrocious 37 from Week 2 - and nobody has. But Sam now has company in the "37
Club" as Tlance woefully Vicked, Randled, and Wittened his way to a 94-37 loss
to Fuzzy.
Classic!!

Great job Wil. Your write-ups/summaries are alwasy great. It's been great that you've put in so much time to these leagues.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome Will if i had more superlatives i would fling them at you

Thanks Great Read!!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I would love to take credit you have to know that it couldn't be me as there is no way I could type that many words without using any of the 7 words you can't say on TV....................hell, I don't think I could even type that many words...............

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftypower

As much as I would love to take credit you have to know that it couldn't be me as there is no way I could type that many words without using any of the 7 words you can't say on TV....................hell, I don't think I could even type that many words...............

Duhhhh, I meant Wil - - - but you're pretty good as well.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lisfranker.................holy shit!!!!!!!! Wasn't it actually Joe that called him that at last years draft? Frankenfooter--------Lisfranker..............:clap:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the props - and thanks to Scape for bailing me out of my Week 9 fix... Megatron flew on his stellar Sunday into his bye week and the waiting arms of Scapegoat, while Ray Rice and Terrance Williams join the White Album.