• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The no trade rule sounds a bit much. With byes and injuries your going to need a way to fill in. Can’t use the WW so I would think that trades would need to be possible. Otherwise the vampire team has such a hugh advantage its a mismatch as the season progresses and attrition sets in. Even with a 6 man bench you can’t fill all your starting spots on bye weeks adequately.
Just to have bye week fill in your bench would have to have a kicker, a defense, a tight end, a QB, a single RB and a single WR.
IDK how the vampire team could possibly lose under this set up of no trades.

It is basically a Suicide for the non vampire teams

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The no trade rule sounds a bit much. With byes and injuries your going to need a way to fill in. Can’t use the WW so I would think that trades would need to be possible. Otherwise the vampire team has such a hugh advantage its a mismatch as the season progresses and attrition sets in. Even with a 6 man bench you can’t fill all your starting spots on bye weeks adequately.
Just to have bye week fill in your bench would have to have a kicker, a defense, a tight end, a QB, a single RB and a single WR.
IDK how the vampire team could possibly lose under this set up of no trades.

I agree Harold.

I still think 14 teams and short benches is the way to go. Every team can make waiver adds, just give the vampires 1st and 2nd priority each week.

I think the concept is fun, but we don't have to apodt every rule that Berry's league used.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is basically a Suicide for the non vampire teams

Yeah. While I love our suicide league, I this one would play better as more of a standard deal. Just need to make sure the vampires get first priority on waivers. But no add/drops for everyone else almost insures the vampire would have a monster team by midseason. And a nearly unbeatable one by playoffs.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. While I love our suicide league, I this one would play better as more of a standard deal. Just need to make sure the vampires get first priority on waivers. But no add/drops for everyone else almost insures the vampire would have a monster team by midseason. And a nearly unbeatable one by playoffs.

Not necessarily. The Vampire has to win that first game with a bad team. Until it wins a few games, the Vampire is at a disadvantage. Now if the Vampire gets lucky in the first few weeks then yes it will be unbeatable.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want
tenor.gif
in my vampire flex weekly

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless I'm the vampire.

It's settled then. :)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. The Vampire has to win that first game with a bad team. Until it wins a few games, the Vampire is at a disadvantage. Now if the Vampire gets lucky in the first few weeks then yes it will be unbeatable.

I agree with that.

But, by week 6 or 7, if I am allowed to add/drop whoever I want and you can't, that would make the playing field pretty level. Because, the vampire doesn't have to worry about byes as much and can replace injured guys.

Consider what a vampire team might look like right now:

QB: Goff
RB: Yeldon, James White, Lindsay, N. Hines, B. Powell
WR: Boyd, DJax, Ridley
TE: Cook
DST: Bears

And that would be without stealing anybody.

You manage 2 wins in 6 games and add in an RB1 and a WR1, and all of a sudden you got a lot a legit squad. Especially when every other team is only going to get worse as the season progresses.

I feel like if everybody else were playing suicide rules, the vampire team would have a distinct advantage by week 10.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

But, by week 6 or 7, if I am allowed to add/drop whoever I want and you can't, that would make the playing field pretty level. Because, the vampire doesn't have to worry about byes as much and can replace injured guys.

You manage 2 wins in 6 games and add in an RB1 and a WR1, and all of a sudden you got a lot a legit squad. Especially when every other team is only going to get worse as the season progresses.

I feel like if everybody else were playing suicide rules, the vampire team would have a distinct advantage by week 10.

Ok a compromise on the rules of if a team loses they are allowed 1 pick up that week

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

Ok a compromise on the rules of if a team loses they are allowed 1 pick up that week

Yes but remember, whoever the vampire steals from you, you are still getting a player that he started back at the same position, so even if he takes Todd Gurley from you, you would get James White, but you could also just hide Gurley on your bench when you play him. I think the fun part would be to see who actually plays their full lineup against him and risks losing one of them. I think if everybody has access to waivers then there's no way the vampire could overcome that. If every team is just going to start their best lineup each week and be able to make waiver transactions, then it might as well be a standard league. In Berry's version, each team was allowed to use one IR spot as well, but I think if you say that teams could use two IR spots and only use waivers for players if they are eligible for the ESPN IR spot (which in their leagues applies to not only guys that are on actual IR or PUP, but as soon as someone is declared out for the week they can be put on IR) then I'd be down for that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but remember, whoever the vampire steals from you, you are still getting a player that he started back at the same position, so even if he takes Todd Gurley from you, you would get James White, but you could also just hide Gurley on your bench when you play him. I think the fun part would be to see who actually plays their full lineup against him and risks losing one of them. I think if everybody has access to waivers then there's no way the vampire could overcome that. If every team is just going to start their best lineup each week and be able to make waiver transactions, then it might as well be a standard league. In Berry's version, each team was allowed to use one IR spot as well, but I think if you say that teams could use two IR spots and only use waivers for players if they are eligible for the ESPN IR spot (which in their leagues applies to not only guys that are on actual IR or PUP, but as soon as someone is declared out for the week they can be put on IR) then I'd be down for that.

Ok. Yeah that could work.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Cook is out.............might as well join all the rest of the hurt RB's in our match up...............kills me to start Alf over Crow but I feel like I have to.............

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Cook is out.............might as well join all the rest of the hurt RB's in our match up...............kills me to start Alf over Crow but I feel like I have to.............
Well that sucks. One league I have Fournette, Cook and Gio all injured. Going with Nyhiem Hines and Ito.:L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Just saw that! Told myself I needed to check on him this morning and almost forgot. Been a frustrating season owning him! Thank God I have options. Too many in fact. I bet a start the wrong one! lol

Alf & Crow are both good options. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks. One league I have Fournette, Cook and Gio all injured. Going with Nyhiem Hines and Ito.:L
Ito should do something today with Freeman out & Coleman struggling.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's killing me to bench Roethlisberger today but I have to. Matt Ryan faces the league's worst pass defense in what looks like a pure shootout between the AFCS offenses. Watch him disappoint me once again lol

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vampire ----- i like the no pickup rules for the non vampire/s however we could just play 8 no kickers

still only 4 on bench but no one would ever waste a spot on a second k and no one be hit losing a k

then you only need to decide if you back up your te and qb or both