• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can't really say to be honest with you. .... likely a carry-over from the original settings defined during the old CBS days. Nothing has changed, to my knowledge, regarding tiebreaker seeding since we have been at ESPN. .... perhaps @TREFF or @averagejoe can offer more insight. ...
:noidea:
No idea.
CBS is as good an explanation as any.
Probably because we never had to drill down that deep into a tiebreaker.
And just as in the NFL you need to win in the division.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit @leftypower @tlance @TREFF

Don't have a problem with it but just curious as to why the Intra Division Tiebreaker was chosen for playoff seeding? It was probably chosen long before I came into the league since I don't recall any discussion on it.

Thanks in advance!

Keep in mind that division record is only the tie-breaker for who wins the division. All wild card ties go by breakdown record regardless of if you are in the same division. As far as I know, the reason we stuck with that as the division tie-breaker was because everybody in the division plays the exact same schedule (all division opponents twice and everyone else once) and since you play all of your division opponents six times total of your 14 games then if you are the best team in the division you should be able to prove it by having the best division record. It's not a small sample size. 6 division games is plenty for you to show that you are the best team. With that being said, I wouldn't care if we changed it to breakdown, but that's why it was never messed with. It's not like head-to-head which is a one game sample size.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking over some of the implications of the final week for KOTF.

@MilkSpiller22 is locked in. Seeding still to be determined depending on whether he wins or not, and the Athos matchups. A loss will lock him in as the #4 seed.

@Ram Tough is now clinched & can lockup the #1 seed if he wins his last matchup or if I lose mine.

I am locked in if I'm not mistaken. But #2 seed is mine to lose.

@tlance & @SteelersPride are in for a stressful final week. Winner is in the playoffs.

A loss from me this week will vault the winner of SPvTlance into the #2 seed. If Tlance wins & I lose, I could tumble down to the #3 or 4 seed.

Hey you're doing my work for me, I like it :)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that division record is only the tie-breaker for who wins the division. All wild card ties go by breakdown record regardless of if you are in the same division. As far as I know, the reason we stuck with that as the division tie-breaker was because everybody in the division plays the exact same schedule (all division opponents twice and everyone else once) and since you play all of your division opponents six times total of your 14 games then if you are the best team in the division you should be able to prove it by having the best division record. It's not a small sample size. 6 division games is plenty for you to show that you are the best team. With that being said, I wouldn't care if we changed it to breakdown, but that's why it was never messed with. It's not like head-to-head which is a one game sample size.
I agree, and so long as I win I will have the division crown. Just a bummer if both Ram & I win our last matchups then I wouldn't get the #1 seed even though I beat him.

But oh well! Like I said, not a big deal. Just was curious. Maybe we can table this discussion for the offseason to see if anyone else wants a change? I can certainly live with it if not.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeding also goes by breakdown record, so if you end up with a better breakdown record than him you would be the #1 seed, although it looks like you are going to lose a few games to him this week so you will be about 3.5 games behind him for the best breakdown record.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was definitely discussed a couple years ago. Not sure if we ever had an official vote, but there were not enough people that felt strongly about it to push for a vote.

That said, I don't think it is as good as breakdown record, but I do think it somewhat fair because of the 6 game sample size.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking over some of the implications of the final week for KOTF.

@MilkSpiller22 is locked in. Seeding still to be determined depending on whether he wins or not, and the Athos matchups. A loss will lock him in as the #4 seed.

@Ram Tough is now clinched & can lockup the #1 seed if he wins his last matchup or if I lose mine.

I am locked in if I'm not mistaken. But #2 seed is mine to lose.

@tlance & @SteelersPride are in for a stressful final week. Winner is in the playoffs.

A loss from me this week will vault the winner of SPvTlance into the #2 seed. If Tlance wins & I lose, I could tumble down to the #3 or 4 seed.
talk about crash and burn!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was definitely discussed a couple years ago. Not sure if we ever had an official vote, but there were not enough people that felt strongly about it to push for a vote.

That said, I don't think it is as good as breakdown record, but I do think it somewhat fair because of the 6 game sample size.

I feel like it is one of those you cant have it both ways type things... if you want the league to go by fantasy standings, then the tie breaker should too...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as tiebreaker(s) go:
If anyone feels strongly about changing what we currently have, just propose what you'd like and we'll put it to a vote (for next yr). ... I honestly don't care one way or the other - both have merit. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 13 Standings

2017_MBBRL_WEEK_13.jpg

Okay guys here are your standings. The A league gained just a little bit more ground on the B league last week and they now trail by only 189.7 points for the season. So if the A league can beat the B league by more than 21.7 points this week, then only two teams would move down instead of four (which is the only prayer I have of staying up).

Playoffs right now

#1 seed Ram (9-4, winner of Aramis division and better breakdown record than Face)
#2 seed Face (9-4, leader of Athos division)
#3 seed Milk (8-5 and winner of the Porthos division and has clinched this seed)
#4 Tlance (8-5 and better breakdown record than Steelers)

#5 Steelers (8-5)

Playoff scenario in the A league is simple. Ram, Face, and Milk have already clinched playoff births and the winner of the Steelers vs. Tlance game this week clinches the last spot.

Since the #1 seed is really the only one that matters:

Ram clinches it if he wins and Face loses or if he wins, Face wins, and he keeps his breakdown lead over him (it's 2.5 games right now).

Face clinches it if he wins and Ram loses, or if they both win and Face passes Ram in breakdown.

Tlance can't be the #1 seed, but he can still win the division if he wins and Face loses because he would have a better division record than Face. Steelers also can't be the #1 seed, but he would also win the division if he wins and Face loses because of better division record.

Steelers and Tlance face off this week with the winner making the playoffs and the loser just being a loser. LOL.

Relegation Station

Treff 4.5 power ranking (going out with a bang though as he had the highest A league score this week)

OBX 9 power ranking (would need a lot of help, most importantly would need to win his game and have Bandit and Trudem lose. He would have to make up a ton of ground. He realistically can only catch Treff in points and breakdown which would only gain two points for him)

Trudem 11.5 power ranking (Needs to win and have a really good breakdown week to be able to pass Milk and Fuzzy, but he is 55 points behind Joe for the next step up in points. Along with Bandit is probably going to need there to only be 2 teams relegated to be saved.)

Bandit 12 power ranking (needs to beat Fuzzy and have OBX lose, can't really catch anybody in breakdown and has an outside shot of catching Trudem in points)

Joe 16.5 power ranking (it would be a damn shame if the guy with the third best breakdown record right now somehow found himself in the bottom 4, but it could possibly happen, however, he would have to get passed by all three of the people directly below him in breakdown for it to be a possibility.

B League Playoffs Right now

#1 seed Harold (9-4 leader of the Ostrogoths division, better division record than Barilko)
#2 seed Femurov (8-5 leader of the Huns division, better division record than Shady)
#3 seed Sam (7-6 already clinched the Visigoths division)
#4 seed Barilko (9-4 only 9-4 wild card team)

#5 Lefty (8-5 and would need to beat Barilko and have the highest score in the league for the week while Barilko had the lowest score in the league, easy right. LOL)

#6 Shady (8-5 and can't win the wild card because he can't catch Barilko in breakdown. He would need Femurov to lose his game to Monkey and he would need to beat Stomp in order to win the division and make the playoffs)

Harold would clinch the #1 seed with a win because he would win the division with a better division record than Barilko and nobody else can catch him in breakdown. He would also clinch the #1 seed if Barilko loses. The only other team with a shot at the #1 seed is Barilko who would clinch it if he wins, Harold loses, and he catches him in breakdown.

Harold plays Foot and Lefty plays Barilko in the last week of the division of death to determine your playoff teams.

Golden ticket to the A league

Harold 94-49
Barilko 91-52

You guys are the only two that can win the breakdown title. Keep in mind that it is possible for you guys to tie and if that's the case then points would be the tie-breaker for who moves up automatically. If you tie in points it would go to head-to-head which you guys split 1-1, so let's just hope you don't tie in both categories or we might need a virtual coin flip.

Oblivion

Unfortunately I have to start this section by saying that Foot will be put up for oblivion vote at the end of the year due to his third lineup violation. He was also given a loss in the standings and given an 0-11 breakdown record for the week.

Monkey 7.5 power ranking
BK 8 power ranking
EHB 8 power ranking

BK and EHB play each other this week and since they are both tied right now in the standings, that game will probably determine which one goes up for oblivion and which one is safe. Now that's a big game.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 13 Standings

2017_MBBRL_WEEK_13.jpg

Okay guys here are your standings. The A league gained just a little bit more ground on the B league last week and they now trail by only 189.7 points for the season. So if the A league can beat the B league by more than 21.7 points this week, then only two teams would move down instead of four (which is the only prayer I have of staying up).

Playoffs right now

#1 seed Ram (9-4, winner of Aramis division and better breakdown record than Face)
#3 seed Milk (8-5 and winner of the Porthos division and has clinched this seed)

#5 Steelers (8-5)

Playoff scenario in the A league is simple. Ram, Face, and Milk have already clinched playoff births and the winner of the Steelers vs. Tlance game this week clinches the last spot.

Ram clinches it if he wins and Face loses or if he wins, Face wins, and he keeps his breakdown lead over him (it's 2.5 games right now).

Face clinches it if he wins and Ram loses, or if they both win and Face passes Ram in breakdown.

Tlance can't be the #1 seed, but he can still win the division if he wins and Face loses because he would have a better division record than Face. Steelers also can't be the #1 seed, but he would also win the division if he wins and Face loses because of better division record.

Steelers and Tlance face off this week with the winner making the playoffs and the loser just being a loser. LOL.

Relegation Station

Treff 4.5 power ranking (going out with a bang though as he had the highest A league score this week)

OBX 9 power ranking (would need a lot of help, most importantly would need to win his game and have Bandit and Trudem lose. He would have to make up a ton of ground. He realistically can only catch Treff in points and breakdown which would only gain two points for him)

Trudem 11.5 power ranking (Needs to win and have a really good breakdown week to be able to pass Milk and Fuzzy, but he is 55 points behind Joe for the next step up in points. Along with Bandit is probably going to need there to only be 2 teams relegated to be saved.)

Bandit 12 power ranking (needs to beat Fuzzy and have OBX lose, can't really catch anybody in breakdown and has an outside shot of catching Trudem in points)

Joe 16.5 power ranking (it would be a damn shame if the guy with the third best breakdown record right now somehow found himself in the bottom 4, but it could possibly happen, however, he would have to get passed by all three of the people directly below him in breakdown for it to be a possibility.

#1 seed Harold (9-4 leader of the Ostrogoths division, better division record than Barilko)
#2 seed Femurov (8-5 leader of the Huns division, better division record than Shady)

#5 Lefty (8-5 and would need to beat Barilko and have the highest score in the league for the week while Barilko had the lowest score in the league, easy right. LOL)

#6 Shady (8-5 and can't win the wild card because he can't catch Barilko in breakdown. He would need Femurov to lose his game to Monkey and he would need to beat Stomp in order to win the division and make the playoffs)

Harold would clinch the #1 seed with a win because he would win the division with a better division record than Barilko and nobody else can catch him in breakdown. He would also clinch the #1 seed if Barilko loses. The only other team with a shot at the #1 seed is Barilko who would clinch it if he wins, Harold loses, and he catches him in breakdown.

Harold plays Foot and Lefty plays Barilko in the last week of the division of death to determine your playoff teams.

Harold 94-49
Barilko 91-52

You guys are the only two that can win the breakdown title. Keep in mind that it is possible for you guys to tie and if that's the case then points would be the tie-breaker for who moves up automatically. If you tie in points it would go to head-to-head which you guys split 1-1, so let's just hope you don't tie in both categories or we might need a virtual coin flip.

Oblivion

Unfortunately I have to start this section by saying that Foot will be put up for oblivion vote at the end of the year due to his third lineup violation. He was also given a loss in the standings and given an 0-11 breakdown record for the week.

Monkey 7.5 power ranking
BK 8 power ranking
EHB 8 power ranking

BK and EHB play each other this week and since they are both tied right now in the standings, that game will probably determine which one goes up for oblivion and which one is safe. Now that's a big game.

how many go to oblivion?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foot put his line up B would have 100 more points.

@The Foot put your line up. We should be 4 moving up not 2

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great work Bandit and the oblivion game is pressure packed for sure

However no way those boys get voted out

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been awful the final month

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many go to oblivion?

@Bandit or anyone else that knows the answer?

not looking forward to oblivion, but that's how it shakes out sometimes.
left too many pts on my bench, couldn't get out of my own way it seems

would also hate to see The Foot go, but if he takes my spot.........

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 13 Standings

2017_MBBRL_WEEK_13.jpg

Playoffs right now

#5 Steelers (8-5)

Relegation Station

Harold 94-49
Barilko 91-52

Oblivion

Monkey 7.5 power ranking
BK 8 power ranking
EHB 8 power ranking

So, if I pull off the biggest upset in MBBRL history and win the SB, do I move up or do I stay in the B.............asking for a friend.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many go to oblivion?
Oblivion is by vote, I believe.
Probably best to read the constitution.

Hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I nominate Monkey to stay and avoid oblivion.