• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt vince young exhibit the same thing, this isnt college....

Yes, Young did lead that last drive against USC, but that was really the only close game they were even in that year as both Texas and USC rolled through everybody on their way to that game. The biggest difference is that Young just wasn't near as polished as a passer. He was a great runner, but his career college passing numbers weren't that great in 37 games he was 444 of 718 for 6040 yards, but just 44 touchdowns and 28 interceptions, which is an interception every 25 pass attempts. Watson in 38 games was 814 of 1207 for 10,168 yards, 90 touchdowns and 32 interceptions. So while Watson did throw more picks, his ratio of one interception every 38 pass attempts was much better even at the college level. Interesting note also, whereas Young had the most career rushing yards and touchdowns, Watson actually had the most rushing yards in a season between the two with 1105 in his Sophomore year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I just meant you can't knock them for taking Garrett.

They did not have high draft grades on any of the QBs.

Kind of the point though. As a Bills fan, I'm well aware of the 'missing a QB draft'. I will never agree with taking a DE first. It's silly. They cannot impact a game that much, imo. When you are the Browns, you have to stop taking the "easy" road and saying oh well, we'll take some guy in the 2nd or the 3rd to play this position called quarterback.

I'm not some high horse hind sight either. I was against the Bills taking Watson. But when you are the Browns, it's a chance you have to take.

That said, the Browns do not have Hopkins and Fuller with a capable defense either. A different uniform speaks volumes. And the players around you usually make the difference.

Just sayin, I know how it feels. Haven't seen the playoffs this century. And I hate DL first round picks.

i.e. Marcel Dareus 3rd overall.... passing on AJ Green and Julio..... (and Watt), and even Dalton. What would the Bills look like with Dalton and Green? (bad example for a QB 1st round approach, but just highlighting the stupidity of a 1st round DL)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIAS ALERT:
Well, on the Watson vs Turbisky, etc debate, I'll add my thoughts. First, my dad was a Clemson grad and I have never seen anyone with more pride in his school than him. When they won the National Title in 1982 (a game they were given almost zero chance) he was proud as a peacock, plastered bumper sticker on all the vehicles and bought all kinds of memorabilia to savor the event.
So, if he was still around to have seen the way Watson performed in his final years of college and his early transition to the pros, it's likely there would have been a monument of him placed in his front yard (not kidding). To say, the kid is a winner (a quality that few possess) is an understatement. He doesn't have the strongest arm, he may not be the best runner ever - but he does have the god-given ability to see openings that aren't apparent to others, and dig within himself to use what he does have to find a way to win.

Besides, he would have made dad very proud - that's enough for me. .....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The debate is a good one.
But as a fan, i dont care what he did or didnt do in college.
Its what he does now.
Maybe he wont be be Brady-great.
But if he is Stafford or Alex Smith good, I'd be happy.

And i also hope GM Pace still drafts a QB. Heck, i hope he goes after Cousins in the off-season.
The Bears have been bad too long and QB should be a top priority every season regardless of who is already on the roster.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The debate is a good one.
But as a fan, i dont care what he did or didnt do in college.
Its what he does now.
Maybe he wont be be Brady-great.
But if he is Stafford or Alex Smith good, I'd be happy.

And i also hope GM Pace still drafts a QB. Heck, i hope he goes after Cousins in the off-season.
The Bears have been bad too long and QB should be a top priority every season regardless of who is already on the roster.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know enough about Turbisky to assess whether he is the future of the Bears or not. As you said, Alex Smith-ish is certainly a step above where they have been. ... I actually think he may be a little better than that.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes sent you something in KOTF. No idea if you are interested

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Kind of what I just did to get that player.

Countered.
Hmm...I will look at it.

Hard doing an uneven amount. Might tinker with it to make the players even

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I don't know enough about Turbisky to assess whether he is the future of the Bears or not. As you said, Alex Smith-ish is certainly a step above where they have been. ... I actually think he may be a little better than that.

If my boy is right, he won't be anything close.

But yeah, anybody would take Alex Smith. He is a winner and a leader.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened again this week

It happens to all of us. Was holding on to my waiver spot, was #3 in waiver order, but decided to take the plunge. Thought surely I would land my guy, but nope Barilko, who was one of the few ahead of me, decided he was taking the plunge also. I’m #1 in waiver order now. Next time I get who I want. Consolation prize was OK, picked up Breida as a FA. I’m confident that Hyde will break down and Breida can take over then.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens to all of us. Was holding on to my waiver spot, was #3 in waiver order, but decided to take the plunge. Thought surely I would land my guy, but nope Barilko, who was one of the few ahead of me, decided he was taking the plunge also. I’m #1 in waiver order now. Next time I get who I want. Consolation prize was OK, picked up Breida as a FA. I’m confident that Hyde will break down and Breida can take over then.

Yea I put in a claim for Allen. Wasn't expecting to get him

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not interested in moving him. Especially for a similar package to what I traded to get him.
Gotcha. I am not aware of what you have ip but I understand. Your bigger deal is interesting but I have questions about the future use of your rb in the offer, which I’m sure you do as well.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I am not aware of what you have ip but I understand. Your bigger deal is interesting but I have questions about the future use of your rb in the offer, which I’m sure you do as well.

I hear ya... I would do it with the RB's taken out of the equation if that helps. My target is the other guy... I just thought you'd prefer high floor steady over the ups and downs.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. The big trade you offered I wasn't interested in, but the smaller one one I thought hard about. Just didn't want trade that RB when I had traded another RB the week before.