• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why dont we do it this way, id like a qb or TE upgrade if possible

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't knock the Browns too much. Most teams had Garrett as the top player on the board.

Sure you can they keep passing on their top QB to grab a guy later, then they throw the guy to the wolves and start over again the next season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno about mahomes, but i think trubsky looks good

Good?

Nah. He looked like a rookie in over his head. He made a few nice plays and a few really bad ones. The announcers gushing over him last night was crazy though. I saw absolutely nothing last night that made me think he will ever be more than a low end starter.

Arm talent is way overrated. Decision making skills determine how good a QB will be. That is where Trubisky struggles most.

Watson and Maholmes on the other hand, look like franchise QBS. Maholmes is on the Rodgers plan though, so we won't see him for a couple years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you can they keep passing on their top QB to grab a guy later, then they throw the guy to the wolves and start over again the next season.

Fair enough.

I just meant you can't knock them for taking Garrett.

They did not have high draft grades on any of the QBs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good?

Nah. He looked like a rookie in over his head. He made a few nice plays and a few really bad ones. The announcers gushing over him last night was crazy though. I saw absolutely nothing last night that made me think he will ever be more than a low end starter.

Arm talent is way overrated. Decision making skills determine how good a QB will be. That is where Trubisky struggles most.

Watson and Maholmes on the other hand, look like franchise QBS. Maholmes is on the Rodgers plan though, so we won't see him for a couple years.
perhaps...........

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be honest I was expecting worse.
Bears QB history is not that great.

For a guy with (1) as little experience as Trubisky had in college, (2) the fact that we have no real quality starting WR and none seem to be able to get separation, (3) the O-line can't seem to open holes or abstain from penalties, and (4) Loggains is a terrible OC with the exception of a couple of trick plays, (5) it was a national stage, and (6) we were going up against a tough Vikings D... I think Trubisky did well and didn't embarrass the fan base.

You heard it here first, Sean Payton will be the next coach of the Bears.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I was expecting worse.
Bears QB history is not that great.

For a guy with (1) as little experience as Trubisky had in college, (2) the fact that we have no real quality starting WR and none seem to be able to get separation, (3) the O-line can't seem to open holes or abstain from penalties, and (4) Loggains is a terrible OC with the exception of a couple of trick plays, (5) it was a national stage, and (6) we were going up against a tough Vikings D... I think Trubisky did well and didn't embarrass the fan base.

You heard it here first, Sean Payton will be the next coach of the Bears.

I hope for your sake I am wrong.

Please tell me why a guy with so little college experience was drafted ahead of Watson though? It is a case of scouts outsmarting themselves. Besides, if Trubisky really were THAT guy, he would have earned the starting job at UNC prior to his junior year.

I am thinking Trubisky is the next Jay Cutler. Again, I hope for your sake I am wrong.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope for your sake I am wrong.

Please tell me why a guy with so little college experience was drafted ahead of Watson though? It is a case of scouts outsmarting themselves. Besides, if Trubisky really were THAT guy, he would have earned the starting job at UNC prior to his junior year.

I am thinking Trubisky is the next Jay Cutler. Again, I hope for your sake I am wrong.
I'm not sure he's even the next Cutler..

But I do agree with Joe that, at the least, he didn't embarrass himself, or the organization.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell me why a guy with so little college experience was drafted ahead of Watson though? It is a case of scouts outsmarting themselves
Probably. IDK
Maybe intangibles? I have no idea. Ryan Pace (GM) has been diplomatic about it.
I hope you're wrong too. Bears' fans like me have suffered long enough.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add that while Watson does look good compared to Trubisky, I won't go so far as to say the Bears made the wrong choice. I'm sure NFL history will prove that some guys can look good in year 1 and then taper off. RG3, Kaps, Cassel, Foles and Oz to name some recent ones.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add that while Watson does look good compared to Trubisky, I won't go so far as to say the Bears made the wrong choice. I'm sure NFL history will prove that some guys can look good in year 1 and then taper off. RG3, Kaps, Cassel, Foles and Oz to name some recent ones.

You are certainly right, but I don't think any of those guys had the college pedigree that Watson did as far as big games against big time defenses. You guys all know that I think the world of Watson anyway and I'm so glad that he's looked this good because he really is a great guy not just a great quarterback. I do think in the last draft it was a case of teams outsmarting themselves. If all you did was watch actual games it was clear that Watson was the best quarterback in the draft class especially to start immediately. I think some of the "outsmarting" being done was that he was a system quarterback because of the offense that they ran at Clemson and that he wouldn't be able to translate that to the NFL. Does he make dumb decisions occasionally and throw interceptions? Yes he does, but a whole lot of good can come in between the bad decisions and I've said this before, but there is no better clutch quarterback coming out of college than Deshaun Watson. I can't tell you how many times that guy lead a drive down the field when he had to in the 4th quarter when one mistake would have ended the game and I never saw him make it. Ever. Did he make mistakes in the first half to give other teams the ball, yes he did, but I never saw him give a game away in the 4th quarter. There were at least 3 times during his senior season that Clemson got the ball with under 30 seconds left in the first half deep in their own territory and it was always so funny because the announcers would say that they will probably just kneel it or run out the clock, but Scott and I knew better, they would come out throwing and I don't mean throwing a screen pass to see what happens and then deciding if it was worth it to try and score, I mean lining up and running a no huddle, driving down the field and either kicking a field goal or scoring a touchdown in under 30 seconds. It really was something to see. Like I said, I know that I have more love for him than a lot of people, but I honestly don't ever think of it as "garbage time" with him in the 4th quarter, because I honestly believe that he always has a chance to win until the clock reads 0. I do agree with Joe though in that it's really hard to evaluate a quarterback (Trubisky) when he has no wide receivers that are worth a damn. That's the reason I was so happy that Watson went to the Texans, because he has Will Fuller and Deandre Hopkins to throw to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. IDK

That is just it though, it is the intangibles that are lacking IMO. Watson has the intangibles in spades. That was abundantly clear when he torched an all time great Alabama defense and engineered a game winning drive on the biggest stage.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it though, it is the intangibles that are lacking IMO. Watson has the intangibles in spades. That was abundantly clear when he torched an all time great Alabama defense and engineered a game winning drive on the biggest stage.
didnt vince young exhibit the same thing, this isnt college....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt vince young exhibit the same thing, this isnt college....

Eh. Not really, no. Not the way Watson did it anyway. Vince Young was more comparable to Cam Newton. Newton is just a bigger, smarter version. Cam would be just as big a bust as Young was if he weren't able to read defenses. That is really the whole ball game for QBs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Not really, no. Not the way Watson did it anyway. Vince Young was more comparable to Cam Newton. Newton is just a bigger, smarter version. Cam would be just as big a bust as Young was if he weren't able to read defenses. That is really the whole ball game for QBs.
me thinks your twisting things to fit your view. Vince Youngs game winning drive against one of the best USC teams ever was unreal

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me thinks your twisting things to fit your view. Vince Youngs game winning drive against one of the best USC teams ever was unreal

USC was great. Offensively. They were certainly a better overall team than last year's Bama bunch.

Alabama's offense was good. Their D was ridiculous. MUCH better than USC's

Let me be clear. My view on this pick is less about Watson than it is about Trubisky. The consensus amond scouts was that none of the QB prospects were sure fire franchise QBs. That is why the Browns passed. I definitely think the Bears took the wrong player and I have my reasons that unfortunately I am not allowed to share specifics.

I will say this, however. My friend has info that only a few people in the world are privvy to, including 2 NFL franchises. Neither of those teams even had Trubisky on their draft board because of this info.

I can't say more, because my friend could literally lose his job if I did.

But, they didn't just draft the wrong guy. They bid against themselves to move up 1 spot in order to do it.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I really don't think I am.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting. I agree on some points I can’t guve a lengthy reply now, will try m remember latee

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. IDK
Thats a matter of opinion...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Watson more than Trubisky personally but Watson had the penchant for throwing bad INTs, very avoidable INTs. For his sake, and so far it seems so, he needs to clean that up.

One thing we can all agree on though...he sure is fun to watch.