• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit! I hate my job! You all know (kinda I guess) Imma retail manager and (you probably don't know) I close the store every Saturday night. We have this one lady that comes in about 1 hour before we close and shops until 10 minutes after we close. Being the store manager I have to basically kiss her ass but I'm telling you................Imma find another job and on my last day Imma throw her ass out right at closing. Holy shit I can't stand her.................

Sounds to me like she has a crush on Sam of Sports and just needs some private time. .... just saying.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also glad to see we have a flex spot instead of 3 WR. I like it.

Really? I wasn't aware we were doing this...is this for the B League as well?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - same rules for both leagues. (We didn't do it for the Suicide League because it wasn't sufficiently suicidal.)

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked graveyard shifts at a 7-Eleven in Ocean Beach, and as soon as the other guy left at 1 a.m. I took off that stupid smock and started blasting the tunes. They told us to "plus sell" so I had some random crap under the counter and it would be like, "Can I have a pack of Marlboros?" "Sure. Would you like some motor oil with that?"

:laugh3:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the negative points are at the far end of scoring and yards - you have to allow 35 points and 400 yards before they hit, and it's not a big hit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the negative points are at the far end of scoring and yards - you have to allow 35 points and 400 yards before they hit, and it's not a big hit.

I bet there will be at least a couple match-ups decided by a negative point total for a DST. I love it! I Just hope I am not on the losing end of one of those match-ups.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't done too many you could lose for yards, but most I have done have penalized high points totals. I think both make sense. I wouldn't even be opposed to higher dings for really bad points totals.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the B league so far:

Drone / Monkey / Barilko / Bandit / JDM / TK21775

dblakejr and milkspiller have invites, waiting to see something from Chef.

Microwahevo has been a spotty poster so far, and SOX33OSU has been absent lately. We'll see what happens in the next couple of days. I'll go dig up the relegation/drone rules and post them soon.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, just finished up and I'll tell you what: as much as I love MWHS top 200 I won't do that again. I was conflicted throughout the whole draft between MWHS and my own rankings that I screwed the pooch on a couple of picks. 12 team, standard scoring but 4 pts per passing TD. Here it is. Missed on a back up QB so I'll have to drop one of my scrubs and will probably pick up Tranny or Cuntler. Anyway, read em and weep. I am.

QB RGIII
RB Charles
RB CJbetterbeatleast1.5K
WR DThomas
WR Danny Amendola (Not happy here)
Flex Lacy/Bernard/James Jones (Hope Lacy or Bernard can win the job and James Jones could step into WR2)
TE Cook
K Bullock
D Chargers (will have to stream but no problem as I usually do anyway)

Bench
RB Tate
RB Ingram
WR Hartline (I do like him this year)
WR VBrown (Be nice if he could live up to expectations)
So there it is....................can't believe I drafted RGIII and no backup. RB's were flying off the board and I am suprised at the value I was able to get with DThomas but thought I would get better with my WR2. I like Amendola this year but more as a WR3 with upside. I will draft the rest of my teams with my rankings for damn sure.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit! I hate my job! You all know (kinda I guess) Imma retail manager and (you probably don't know) I close the store every Saturday night. We have this one lady that comes in about 1 hour before we close and shops until 10 minutes after we close. Being the store manager I have to basically kiss her ass but I'm telling you................Imma find another job and on my last day Imma throw her ass out right at closing. Holy shit I can't stand her.................

Worked at Wal Mart for 13 years.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, just finished up and I'll tell you what: as much as I love MWHS top 200 I won't do that again. I was conflicted throughout the whole draft between MWHS and my own rankings that I screwed the pooch on a couple of picks. 12 team, standard scoring but 4 pts per passing TD. Here it is. Missed on a back up QB so I'll have to drop one of my scrubs and will probably pick up Tranny or Cuntler. Anyway, read em and weep. I am.

QB RGIII
RB Charles
RB CJbetterbeatleast1.5K
WR DThomas
WR Danny Amendola (Not happy here)
Flex Lacy/Bernard/James Jones (Hope Lacy or Bernard can win the job and James Jones could step into WR2)
TE Cook
K Bullock
D Chargers (will have to stream but no problem as I usually do anyway)

Bench
RB Tate
RB Ingram
WR Hartline (I do like him this year)
WR VBrown (Be nice if he could live up to expectations)
So there it is....................can't believe I drafted RGIII and no backup. RB's were flying off the board and I am suprised at the value I was able to get with DThomas but thought I would get better with my WR2. I like Amendola this year but more as a WR3 with upside. I will draft the rest of my teams with my rankings for damn sure.

I don't think I'd beat myself up over that draft. With the exception of a backup QB, I think you did pretty darn well. ..... With Jordy injured, Jones just may be a very good pick.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang - are we all taking Vincent Brown?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'd beat myself up over that draft. With the exception of a backup QB, I think you did pretty darn well. ..... With Jordy injured, Jones just may be a very good pick.

Well now I have to figure out who to drop and fast..............leaning towards Hartline but I have a feeling he improves on last year. Ingram may be a steal though and with Ivory gone............shit. I think it has to be Ingram.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now I have to figure out who to drop and fast..............leaning towards Hartline but I have a feeling he improves on last year. Ingram may be a steal though and with Ivory gone............shit. I think it has to be Ingram.

This may or may not be 'good' advise but it seems every year some random WR plays above his head. I think you should consider dropping a WR. I think you will have a better selection there on waivers as the season progress than you will at RB. Just my thought. ....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may or may not be 'good' advise but it seems every year some random WR plays above his head. I think you should consider dropping a WR. I think you will have a better selection there on waivers as the season progress than you will at RB. Just my thought. ....

You know, if I dropped Hartline I would say nobody picks him up and I can just let the rest play out and pick him up later if I want him.................good thinking.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if I dropped Hartline I would say nobody picks him up and I can just let the rest play out and pick him up later if I want him.................good thinking.

If I were you, I wouldn't drop anybody yet. You don't need a back up QB until week 5. RG3 is an injury risk for sure, but while he is healthy, you are starting him. Unless something happens between now and week 5, you are good to go.

If you decide you absolutely must, then I agree that Hartline is the drop.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were you, I wouldn't drop anybody yet. You don't need a back up QB until week 5. RG3 is an injury risk for sure, but while he is healthy, you are starting him. Unless something happens between now and week 5, you are good to go.

If you decide you absolutely must, then I agree that Hartline is the drop.

Might try and trade Bernard to the BJGE owner..........he's hurting at RB and has Nicks......Might try Bernard and Hartline for Nicks and Palmer.............seems a little one sided but his RB's are weak

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys. Here is my first draft from yesterday.

The league has mostly standard scoring, but 6 point TD passes and a 2 point bonus for 300 yards passing and 100 yards either rushing or receiving. We start 2 RB, 2WR and a Flex. RBs completely dominated the first 3 rounds of the draft as expected. I picked from the 12 spot.

QB- Vick/Cutler
RB- Spiller, Miller, Bell, Bernard, Woodhead, Blount
WR- Bryant, Amendola, G. Tate, Broyles, Jeffrey
TE- V. Davis
DST- Pittsburgh, but will likely stream
K- Gostkowski

So, I wasn't planning to wait on QB especially in a 6 point pass TD league, but I hated the values available to me a the end of round 3. By the time it got to me in round 5, all 11 other teams had their QBs and Russell Wilson was sitting there. I decided to gamble and let him pass thinking I could take him in round 7. I went with Amendola and Davis in that spot. Naturally, Wilson was picked 1 spot before it got back to me in the 7th round, so I decided to wait some more and ended up with Vick and Cutler. I will probably look to upgrade at some point, but Vick's early season schedule looks good, so hopefully he puts up numbers good enough to give him some trade value.

What do you guys think?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, think I may go ahead and drop Blount for Thomkins once waivers clear.