• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, I meant Osos..............see, they got me all fucked up.............
I never woulda thought so much could get lost in translation when it came to futbol. (Falcons are going to be exhausted! Whefffff. Hahaha.)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles coughes it up AGIAN!!! and this time gives Fuzzy a ten point swing. .MF'er

Wow, that's a nasty defense...weren't a bunch of us saying that's how they were gonna be last year? They are gonna clobber some QBs this year.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @TREFF , that trade turned out to be a total win for ya. Yikes.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of early Broncos lessons, it appears I was wrong about going into the season. First, put a bit too much faith in Kubiak's reputation for developing a strong run game. Second, his tendency to ignore all but his #1 WR and TE. Those tendencies lead me to target DT and CJA as the only offensive players worth owning and avoid Sanders where possible. I also stayed away from Manning based upon the end of last yr. That one proved correct in week 1 but not so much in week 2.
DT was decent this week (not as good fantasy-wise as Sanders though) but as Treff? has maintained the run game is just not good (true through both games thus far) - no matter who is running. ... I guess time will tell if the Kubiak trends will prevail or Peyton will call the shots - luckily I on have a 6th rd investment in CJA.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @TREFF , that trade turned out to be a total win for ya. Yikes.
Reminds me of the Pablo Sandoval for VMART deal deal last year. .was that with you? Dropped Sandoval, I grabbed him, he got hot, I traded him again and was meh the rest of the year :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of early Broncos lessons, it appears I was wrong about going into the season. First, put a bit too much faith in Kubiak's reputation for developing a strong run game. Second, his tendency to ignore all but his #1 WR and TE. Those tendencies lead me to target DT and CJA as the only offensive players worth owning and avoid Sanders where possible. I also stayed away from Manning based upon the end of last yr. That one proved correct in week 1 but not so much in week 2.
DT was decent this week (not as good fantasy-wise as Sanders though) but as Treff? has maintained the run game is just not good (true through both games thus far) - no matter who is running. ... I guess time will tell if the Kubiak trends will prevail or Peyton will call the shots - luckily I on have a 6th rd investment in CJA.
Well the Sanders part of that is surprising me as well. Had the same thoughts you did, Kub's #2 had always been unreliable. I credit that to Manning being smart enough to find the open guy regardless of who the play was designed for.

Pass pro improved, still need work. .run game is horrid, it should improve as those linemen gel into a unit, the question is how much patience do you have?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of the Pablo Sandoval for VMART deal deal last year. .was that with you? Dropped Sandoval, I grabbed him, he got hot, I traded him again and was meh the rest of the year :)

Wasn't me, I don't think I've ever had VMART on a team, but I see the comparison. Not so sure about Agholor, but I think Eifert might be on your squad the rest of the way. ;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't me, I don't think I've ever had VMART on a team, but I see the comparison. Not so sure about Agholor, but I think Eifert might be on your squad the rest of the way. ;)
If Evans and TY can get and stay healthy, Watkins can add something. ..I'll stick with him all year, eventually he'll be getting targets. But if those top 3 guys keep having issues, I may have to find someone with a higher floor, lower ceiling..we shall see

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Denver - Gotta give Peyton credit, he's using his noodle (and I don't mean his arm). Let's see how long it lasts, and if there's a power struggle. If there is, Kubiak loses, there's not much doubt there.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Denver - Gotta give Peyton credit, he's using his noodle (and I don't mean his arm). Let's see how long it lasts, and if there's a power struggle. If there is, Kubiak loses, there's not much doubt there.
I dunno Chef...that's a tough one if it were to come to it. Given Elway and Kubiak's history, I can't foresee anything happening where Kubs doesn't get at least 2 seasons, probably at least 3, and is very obvious Peyton is in his last. But then again, how do you bench Peyton friggin' Manning?? They'd better hope they can coexist

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno Chef...that's a tough one if it were to come to it. Given Elway and Kubiak's history, I can't foresee anything happening where Kubs doesn't get at least 2 seasons, probably at least 3, and is very obvious Peyton is in his last. But then again, how do you bench Peyton friggin' Manning?? They'd better hope they can coexist

Not so much as Kubiak getting fired, but being forced to change his game plan. It'll be interesting, and that shotgun switch worked for Peyton, but I don't think that's Kubiak's vision. This may sound silly, but I thought Peyton looked bad. Most of his passes were terrible...except for the 3 TDs, of course. ;)