• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious... what makes you guys think that days before opening night in the NFL, Christine Michael will be of any value?
Here's what I see... I see a guy (C. Michael) that couldn't beat out:
  • a broken down Robert Turbin (who they released/cleared waivers/resigned/put on IR).
  • a 100-year old Fred Jackson.
  • UDFA Thomas Rawls.
So now Michael goes to a pass-happy Boys team behind a plethora of disappointing backs.

What I am missing here?

IMO he is a gamble, but with the O line the Boys have, a gamble worth taking. If you can hit on the right RB in Dallas you have a gold mine. Just don't over spend for any of them.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly a huge endorsement IMO... That the mystic of the Boys' O-line suggests that any warm-bodied mediocre RB can be successful behind it? Since they already had 3 warm-bodied mediocre RB.

Seems more like a situation to avoid... not invest in.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious... what makes you guys think that days before opening night in the NFL, Christine Michael will be of any value?
  • a broken down Robert Turbin (who they released/cleared waivers/resigned/put on IR).
  • UDFA Thomas Rawls.
So now Michael goes to a pass-happy Boys team behind a plethora of disappointing backs.

What I am missing here?

It would of been better for Micheals to go a crappy team, that isn't concerned about wins and loses. That way he could get the playing time he needs to work out his issues. The biggest being putting the ball on the ground. No contender is trusting a RB that doesn't know how to protect the ball. I think he carried the ball 32 time this off season and the ball hit the ground 7 times, not all counted as fumbles, because he got ruled as being down on some of those. That's only the biggest issue, not knowing the plays, formations, where the hole is......The guy is a knucklehead.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly a huge endorsement IMO... That the mystic of the Boys' O-line suggests that any warm-bodied mediocre RB can be successful behind it? Since they already had 3 warm-bodied mediocre RB.

Seems more like a situation to avoid... not invest in.

That's why I said do not overspend. A late round flyer or dropping the guy you used a late round flyer on for Michael would be all I would do. In one league I dropped Matt Jones and took a chance on Michael, but that is as much as I would gamble.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, they are gambles. Monte Ball was a first rounder last year and now this year he has been cut by the Broncos.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said do not overspend. A late round flyer or dropping the guy you used a late round flyer on for Michael would be all I would do. In one league I dropped Matt Jones and took a chance on Michael, but that is as much as I would gamble.

Man. michael's odds of success are far lower than jones'. You may end up regretting that one.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • UDFA Thomas Rawls.

What I am missing here?
IMO not a damn thing..............I'll just wait until the 10th round or so and grab DMC.............hell he has looked the best out of all of them so far..................

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. michael's odds of success are far lower than jones'. You may end up regretting that one.

A. I am not big on any Redskins RB, while Gruden is there.
B. In that league I am in need of a RB, so I am willing to gamble on just about anything. 2 starters and a flex, right now I have J Hill, Shankey, R Jennings, and Michael. I imagine I will be playing the WW or trade market to get a RB2 behind Hill.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I look at Christine Michaels like this.. Cowboys have an outstanding O- line , there two main RBs right now are both fragile (rundmc is made of glass) He is one injury away from getting his opportunity. He is talented but like many have mentioned he puts the ball on the ground alot. If he could ever get his chance in the Big D and stay away from turning the ball over. He honestly has a chance to turn into a threat and in our case fantasy relevant. Why not take a chance on a waiver wire pickup especially at RB. Yes most likley he won't amount to much.. But if he ever did u would have gold for a low risk waiver wire pickup

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram, I look at it more from the standpoint that if the 'Boys juggle the RB situation looking for consistency or cohesiveness from 1 or 2 backs... this is going to be a process that is going to take several weeks before something tangible emerges. I don't see this as a 1 game revelation where they realize they need to start Michael exclusively (or even give him the majority of snaps).

We tend to get impatient as fantasy owners. We want results now. Or pretty quick. If anyone picked him up that is impatient, I can see Michael getting dropped after week 1. Especially with some unforeseen player or 2 stepping up to garner interest on the waiver wire.

But IDK.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to agree, at least for now, Jones HAS a defined role (3rd down & breather) - Michael does not - - and couldn't out play Turbin so it's doubtful he jumps leaps and bound over Randle and DMC.
Of course he may carve a role since Jerry is a bit of a 'homer' and DMC will get hurt - seems a lot of bodies to overcome to make any real noise. ..... time will tell, I suppose. BTW - I don't blame anyone for taking a flyer on the guy if you can. ... just don't see 'championship' in his resume.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • UDFA Thomas Rawls.

What I am missing here?
My reasons were for the dynasty league where I have Randle. Not to mention the fact that he's only 24 and a RB. Funny thing is I was toying with picking him up in KOTF last night, but I fell asleep and kinda forgot about it this morning.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chef99 sent offers in both MBBRL and Dynasty

Just got home, I'm gonna see what's what. Pretty sure the dynasty one's a no-go, but the one here I'm gonna take a look at.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying it is unwise to take a flyer on Michael. Ram made a nice pick up and I would have dropped Ball to get him if I were in time.

What I am saying is that you should only make that add if you have an expendable player in that spot. Matt Jones is not it. I understand being down on the Redksins rushing attack, but keep in mind that the reason it was so bad was that he was attempting to fit square pegs into round holes with Morris and RG3. The players did not fit the scheme. Jones and Cousins do fit.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying it is unwise to take a flyer on Michael. Ram made a nice pick up and I would have dropped Ball to get him if I were in time.

What I am saying is that you should only make that add if you have an expendable player in that spot. Matt Jones is not it. I understand being down on the Redksins rushing attack, but keep in mind that the reason it was so bad was that he was attempting to fit square pegs into round holes with Morris and RG3. The players did not fit the scheme. Jones and Cousins do fit.
I agree with Tommy. In the two leagues that I picked up Michael, I dropped Oliver and Benny Cunningham (deeper leagues). No way I would have dropped Matt Jones for him.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I look at Christine Michaels like this.. Cowboys have an outstanding O- line , there two main RBs right now are both fragile (rundmc is made of glass) He is one injury away from getting his opportunity. He is talented but like many have mentioned he puts the ball on the ground alot. If he could ever get his chance in the Big D and stay away from turning the ball over. He honestly has a chance to turn into a threat and in our case fantasy relevant. Why not take a chance on a waiver wire pickup especially at RB. Yes most likley he won't amount to much.. But if he ever did u would have gold for a low risk waiver wire pickup

Agree Ram - if you can afford to take a chance then absolutely go for it. It's funny that Fuzzy and I drafted him in dynasty and months ago there were rumors Michael would get traded. We both said Dallas would be a good landing spot but then watched him play in preseason - and lost patience waiting on something to happen.
Opted to go with Karlos Williams in BUF since he seemed to be a coach favorite and FJax was getting long in the tooth. Being in Florida I've seen the kid play and felt real good about his chances. The subsequent cut of FJax made us feel good about the choice.

Bottom-line is that sometimes you just have to take a chance and hope it works out. ... We'll see how they both pan out in due time. .....

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First week Fuzzy picks- KOTF
Bar over Fuzzy- Don't often pick against myself but with Gurley out and Adullah not yet eatablished it will be tough.
Bandit over Chef- With no LeVeon for Chef, Bandit's Packers carry the day.
Treff over Joe- this one depends on who is healthy- I'm thinking Treff's WR will be OK and Joe's McCoy is limited.
Lefty over Milky- Lefty always fields a strong team a the beginning of the season.
Tlance over Sam- How does Tommy put together such strong teams?
Ram over TKO- Ram rides CJ to the win