• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For future reference, what do you look at when considering entry to any of the MBBRL leagues? I may not be as active a poster as alot of you but I'm very active/competitive when it comes to my leagues. I'd like to get into a well established league in the next few seasons and none I've come across are as strong as yours.
Activity on this board is probably the most important factor. Engaging in conversations, giving advice (even if it doesn't turn out to be good. .we don't care, long as your on the board).

Doesn't have to be every day by any means, but once a week would probably be sufficient

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Activity on this board is probably the most important factor. Engaging in conversations, giving advice (even if it doesn't turn out to be good. .we don't care, long as your on the board).

Doesn't have to be every day by any means, but once a week would probably be sufficient

Im here enough to know some are more qualified in bad advice than others! lol

Thanks for the response TREFF.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sums it up pretty well. .... I was that member - and if it happens I'll be out. I am NOT, repeat am NOT, in favor of trading draft positions or slots. The potential for a 'buddy buddy' thing is far too great. Trade all you want after the draft. .....
I wasnt trying to ruffle any feathers here. I was openly discussing the option. Don't want a repeat of "trade-gate" either. This is still the best league - and best group of fantasy enthusiasts.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This question came up in the Barbarian league also. Treff shoot it down.
Just so I don't have to hear about it on draft day. ...
The hammy injury to McCoy now had me teetering as to whether he's my #1 RB now. ...shit
well you would get him if you want him I can promise you that much I will not take Shady at 1
I could post last year's tree again if you like

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the commish here. It's really not fair to discuss since the Barbarian's have already drafted and these two leagues are interconnected. Here's a suggestion though if it's something that everybody wants. I think the random order selected should not be the draft order, but the order in which we get to choose our draft slot. So this year instead of Barilko getting the first pick (again) and having to be stuck with it, by getting #1 he just gets to choose what draft position he wants first. Let's say he picks 10th. Then Treff would be up to choose and he could pick any spot except 10th. I think that would be a of fun for everybody and we would all get some say in where we draft. You know unless you got #11 or #12, but don't you know there would be a lot of negotiating on the message board for people that wanted a certain pick. Just an idea.
That is and was my suggestion for the MBBRL Dynasty and we went with it

I would love that Yet I fear I won't have first choice 3 years in a row. Or will I

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the response TREFF.
It also helps a lot to be around in May and June. The league is set up so that the two lowest spots in the B league aren't guaranteed to get back in, and there's a voting process against other candidates to see who gets those two spots. You missed out on that this year.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, some of the advice has changed my opinion on a few players. (And I can be stubborn.) This is a great group of guys and just about every angle and line of reason is covered about a player.
Treff and Wil almost had me changing my opinion of Ball last season. Almost.

Zep, like Wil mentioned above, just check in sometime after the NFL draft in May. That's about the time the fantasy discussions take off.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whoever was targeting Kelvin Benjamin in the A league owes me a steak dinner or a beer for suggesting we move the draft date back a week!! :suds:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have targeted him either.
You better cash in on that steak dinner before our draft on Sunday. Because the guy that you "saved" from Benjamin will probably be the same guy you snipe a player from.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be sitting around all day Sunday counting the seconds until the draft starts

I'm being serious, that I'm gonna lose sleep over this draft. I'm already thinking of changing my strategy a little. I will be counting down the minutes too, but I'll also be stressing over it.

Will probably re-rank my players a dozen times too.

Somewhere in that, there is a compliment on just how difficult you make this draft each year.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be prepared for this draft with a strategy. I know that if I deviate much I could end up chasing my roster with you guys picking. I won't have a perfect roster but with a plan it should not be a disaster.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still confirmed that you guys will make me hate my 3rd and 6th rounders. Add in that I ALWAYS screw up the 5th and my middle round meat is looking rare when I like it well done.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being serious, that I'm gonna lose sleep over this draft. I'm already thinking of changing my strategy a little. I will be counting down the minutes too, but I'll also be stressing over it.

Will probably re-rank my players a dozen times too.

Somewhere in that, there is a compliment on just how difficult you make this draft each year.
I've chosen to just let it ride. ..with a very few minor exceptions, the rankings I had for the rankings game are still my rankings. I could adjust, but I chose to just save myself the Grey hairs and sleepless nights

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just flip a coin and you will have a 1st pick