• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe ;>,Xx&:=? is the formula for converting into metrics?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Barilko, @TREFF, @wilwhite
So Bar is having difficulty deciding on who to pick at 1.
I know there is no trading of picks but is there trading of POSITION?
I formally offer to swap my 9 spot for Bar's 1 spot.
What say ye?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I defer to Treff - especially because not allowing anything keeps things simple.

:martini:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This question came up in the Barbarian league also. Treff shoot it down.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Barilko, @TREFF, @wilwhite
So Bar is having difficulty deciding on who to pick at 1.
I know there is no trading of picks but is there trading of POSITION?
I formally offer to swap my 9 spot for Bar's 1 spot.
What say ye?
if we are allowed ill do it

but i didnt ask :pound:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. .lol

I simply said trading picks was not allowed, which was decided as a definitive "no" very early on in the MBBRL life. .never said anything about trading spots (which technically is trading each and every pick, so I don't know if it counts or not).

I guess I'd personally say sure why not. But I feel that's more of a league vote issue

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. .lol

I simply said trading picks was not allowed, which was decided as a definitive "no" very early on in the MBBRL life. .never said anything about trading spots (which technically is trading each and every pick, so I don't know if it counts or not).

I guess I'd personally say sure why not. But I feel that's more of a league vote issue
Mmmm guess I misunderstood. I pretty happy with my draft, so no complaints, but pretty sure I would tried to swap out of the #1 spot if I thought it was possible, prior to the draft.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be up for swapping out of #2 also. ..but I sure don't want a repeat of the issue we had in year one if there are some owners who feel that's a no no either

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be up for swapping out of #2 also. ..but I sure don't want a repeat of the issue we had in year one if there are some owners who feel that's a no no either

OK let's hear the story of year one issue. Inquiring minds want to know!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Foot and Dub..wasn't it. .or Foot and Duff, can't recall which for sure. But anyways, it was decided no trading of picks before the draft, yet they worked out a deal for Dub/Duff to draft the guy Foot wanted and Foot to draft the guy Dub/Duff wanted, and afterwards the deal was made. ..nearly lost a member over that deal, and numerous others, myself included, were none too happy about it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I remember was that there was an "understanding" to swap a few picks without actually being able to physically alter the draft order. So owner A picked the player that owner B wanted and vice-versa.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Foot and Dub..wasn't it. .or Foot and Duff, can't recall which for sure. But anyways, it was decided no trading of picks before the draft, yet they worked out a deal for Dub/Duff to draft the guy Foot wanted and Foot to draft the guy Dub/Duff wanted, and afterwards the deal was made. ..nearly lost a member over that deal, and numerous others, myself included, were none too happy about it.

Rivers Manning deal.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was year two... they only did it for the first four rounds or something, and to "sweeten" the deal, one owner got a higher pick in like the fifth rounds that wasn't offset, so it wasn't even - and that was a no-no. I was commish at the time and didn't catch all the details and gave it a pass.

Just trading position for the whole draft is much more harmless. League vote makes sense to me.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sums it up pretty well. .... I was that member - and if it happens I'll be out. I am NOT, repeat am NOT, in favor of trading draft positions or slots. The potential for a 'buddy buddy' thing is far too great. Trade all you want after the draft. .....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sums it up pretty well. .... I was that member - and if it happens I'll be out. I am NOT, repeat am NOT, in favor of trading draft positions or slots. The potential for a 'buddy buddy' thing is far too great. Trade all you want after the draft. .....
I'd say that sums it up pretty well. Especially at this point in the offseason. I say we table this one until next year, especially since BATG have already drafted. We can discuss it throughout the season and into next offseason, if there's support, we can vote on it for the 2016 season. But for now let's let it lie

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I don't have to hear about it on draft day. ...
The hammy injury to McCoy now had me teetering as to whether he's my #1 RB now. ...shit

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that sums it up pretty well. Especially at this point in the offseason. I say we table this one until next year, especially since BATG have already drafted. We can discuss it throughout the season and into next offseason, if there's support, we can vote on it for the 2016 season. But for now let's let it lie

I agree with the commish here. It's really not fair to discuss since the Barbarian's have already drafted and these two leagues are interconnected. Here's a suggestion though if it's something that everybody wants. I think the random order selected should not be the draft order, but the order in which we get to choose our draft slot. So this year instead of Barilko getting the first pick (again) and having to be stuck with it, by getting #1 he just gets to choose what draft position he wants first. Let's say he picks 10th. Then Treff would be up to choose and he could pick any spot except 10th. I think that would be a of fun for everybody and we would all get some say in where we draft. You know unless you got #11 or #12, but don't you know there would be a lot of negotiating on the message board for people that wanted a certain pick. Just an idea.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the commish here. It's really not fair to discuss since the Barbarian's have already drafted and these two leagues are interconnected. Here's a suggestion though if it's something that everybody wants. I think the random order selected should not be the draft order, but the order in which we get to choose our draft slot. So this year instead of Barilko getting the first pick (again) and having to be stuck with it, by getting #1 he just gets to choose what draft position he wants first. Let's say he picks 10th. Then Treff would be up to choose and he could pick any spot except 10th. I think that would be a of fun for everybody and we would all get some say in where we draft. You know unless you got #11 or #12, but don't you know there would be a lot of negotiating on the message board for people that wanted a certain pick. Just an idea.

I could live with that. ... still maintains a certain level of randomness. ....

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For future reference, what do you look at when considering entry to any of the MBBRL leagues? I may not be as active a poster as alot of you but I'm very active/competitive when it comes to my leagues. I'd like to get into a well established league in the next few seasons and none I've come across are as strong as yours.