• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we've just gotta decide whether or not to drop the axe on Duff...
I think it's time. As I said elsewhere, if he turns up and wants a spot, I'll create a C league and join it myself just to give him a way back in. Founding member and funny guy - we'll find a way to get him in if he wants to be.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Japan... normally I don't mind doing the drafts away because I find on vacation I can make time... But the time difference is too much... Wont even try nor pretend to try...

Completely random conversation I had with a couple strangers at a bar in California last month:
I said if my wife ever wises up and ditches me, round 2 would be an asian woman.
They both said, almost immediately and at the exact same time, that I needed to take a vacation to Japan should I ever get divorced.

Happy sight seeing on your vacation, and if you're single, hopefully you get to see a lot!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, draft is likely to be Sunday evening... probably around 8 or 9 am Monday morning in Japan. And it's usually over in an hour.

Not sure how the WIFI or my itinerary schedule will be like since i am on a tour... But if i can do it, of course i would prefer doing it myself... I really don't mind doing, just don't know if i will have the time to do it...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely random conversation I had with a couple strangers at a bar in California last month:
I said if my wife ever wises up and ditches me, round 2 would be an asian woman.
They both said, almost immediately and at the exact same time, that I needed to take a vacation to Japan should I ever get divorced.

Happy sight seeing on your vacation, and if you're single, hopefully you get to see a lot!!!

I am single, and i love the asian woman... only problem is i am traveling with my sister on a tour... weird random vacation., but should be amazing... Never did one with my sister and me alone...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am single, and i love the asian woman... only problem is i am traveling with my sister on a tour... weird random vacation., but should be amazing... Never did one with my sister and me alone...
Explain to her what a sock on the door handle means.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so since we are discussing some changes (I know, "Are you fucking kidding me Bandit?" comes to your minds) but this one should be far less controversial. Last year we had a small issue in the A league that we kind of solved on the fly and I just wasn't sure if that was a permanent solution we came up with or not. I'm talking about the tiebreakers for playoff teams. This is the quotes I found from pages 252 and 253 regarding this last year:

As Supreme Court Justice of the MBBRL, I submit that using Intra-Division record to determine extra-division tie-breakers clearly violates the intent of the founding fathers (and is totally hare-brained).
The settings this year for the first tie-breaker is Intra-Division record; the second tie-breaker is total PF. Clearly Intra-Division record should be used to determine the representatives for each division for each seed. After that, ties across divisions should be decided by PF.
The Commissioner has the power to correct any deviations from this that may arise from an idiotic system.
So division winners (if tied) will be decided by division record. . Then PF. Wild card tie breaker shall be PF, disregarding intradivision record. . Got it, good to go.

There really wasn't any discussion or voting or anything so that is why I wanted to bring it back up. It didn't effect the B league at all last year because there was no chance of their being a wild card tie since both Chef and Smitty were so far ahead of everybody and in the same division, so one was guaranteed the wild card. There are limited options on the ESPN website and division record is what was chosen, but stupid ESPN was using the division record to break ties across divisions for the wild card also. We decided at the time that we would use points for as the tiebreaker. So this is what was decided last year:

**The three division winners will be seeded 1, 2, and 3, with the wild card being the #4 seed. The first week of the playoffs (week 15) the #1 seed plays #4 and #2 plays #3 with the winners facing off in the championship game (week 16)

**Winner of the division ties are always broken first and if two teams are tied for the division lead the tiebreaker is division record first (since they play the same schedule) then points for.

**Wild card ties no matter how many teams are involved and whether or not they are in the same division go by points for first, then ????? (It's definitely possible for two teams to have the same number of points, so we need to decide what the 2nd tiebreaker would be, I would suggest breakdown record since we can't really use head-to-head or division record since we could have more than two teams involved from multiple divisions)

**Seeding for the playoffs would be determined using the same method as the wild card ties. So if there is a tie for the best record, the team with the most points for will be the #1 seed. The #2 and #3 seeds don't really matter since they will be playing each other in the first round anyway and there is no home field advantage.

Now with that being said, I would like to make a suggestion that we use breakdown record as the first tiebreaker for the wild card, the seeding, and the 2nd tiebreaker for division ties instead of points for. I think breakdown record is a better indicator of a team's overall season than points for is and we could use points for as the next tiebreaker if teams have the same breakdown record. Thoughts from everyone?????

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree bandit. Points for can be severely over rated. Doug Martin puts up 50 in one week for example. Lots of luck. Breakdown tskes the season as a whole into account.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your proposal Bandit.
I agree completely that breakdown record is a better measure of team success than points for.
You can score a million points, but if the rest of your league is scoring 1,000,001, you suck.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your proposal Bandit.
I agree completely that breakdown record is a better measure of team success than points for.
You can score a million points, but if the rest of your league is scoring 1,000,001, you suck.
:agree:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a strong enough opinion one way or the other, but I have a hard time agreeing the total points on the season isn't a better indicator than break down record. There's a certain amount of luck involved with players having big weeks out of the norm both for and against you in either scenario. That same Doug Martin 50 point week gets you 11 wins in breakdown which is just as much of an abboration as it is in the points standings

I'm fine with either way, though

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff makes a good point about the 50 points - but I do like the win/loss aspect of breakdown. I'm for Bandit's suggestion.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this isn't any serious type of league changing "legislation", does anyone feel we really need a poll for this one, or can we just go with whatever we hash out here? I'm thinking just going with it should be sufficient

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a poll is necessary, I'm also fine with either method.
I also like the W-L aspect of breakdown, since it is an even baseline to judge each team.
Everyone's record vs everyone, week by week.

Solid, consistent teams that are in the playoff race will float to the top. Guys that have gotten lucky breaks on scheduling will sink to the bottom.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just go with it - it doesn't favor one league or the other, doesn't touch on any other rules, and in other places in our league rules breakdown has priority over PF anyway.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the breakdown record better only because that is essentially a head-to-head tiebreaker against every other team in the league. Since wins and losses are what is the determining factor in deciding who makes the playoffs, I kind of feel like it should be the determining factor as a tiebreaker. If the winner of the each division was based on points and not won-loss record then I would agree that points for should be the tiebreaker, but there's a reason that won-loss record is considered more important than total points. Ask Peyton Manning if he'd rather have every regular season passing record known to man or Tom Brady's four Super Bowl rings?

One thing is for sure though, either way is better than the damn division record. :lol:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the breakdown record better only because that is essentially a head-to-head tiebreaker against every other team in the league. Since wins and losses are what is the determining factor in deciding who makes the playoffs, I kind of feel like it should be the determining factor as a tiebreaker. If the winner of the each division was based on points and not won-loss record then I would agree that points for should be the tiebreaker, but there's a reason that won-loss record is considered more important than total points. Ask Peyton Manning if he'd rather have every regular season passing record known to man or Tom Brady's four Super Bowl rings?

One thing is for sure though, either way is better than the damn division record. :lol:
I think he'd be stoked to have little brother's 2!!

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we set a date?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. .no one had spoken up saying we shouldn't, and I feel we've waited plenty long enough. .it's time to drop the ax on Duff, unfortunately. I tried, really did, but no return contact from the Duffster as of yet, and we need to get moving.

So, that leaves a retried/absent opening in A league, to be filled by a relegated a leaguer from previous season. .which would be me, by slightly being less bad than Monkey last year.