• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must have had a this conversation before....
I would have to assume we did. ..but I'm in agreement that if we've got regulation and "onlivion", I don't see any issue with moves of any kind involving teams out of the playoffs...so long as they meet our normal Fairplay standards

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing to keep in mind, when you have a relegation system:
Every Game Counts!

So why should it be against the rules for someone not in playoff contention to trade?
They are trying to save their own ass and not get booted/demoted.
Sometimes that takes a trade, sometimes that takes a late season waiver add.
Should lend itself to what someone said earlier - you win the championship based off your regular season players, cause if you are winning/in the playoffs, you will NOT have first crack at waivers.

Again, as long as the trade is in good faith and no outright collusion occurring.

Good enough for me.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm working on a recap of the Suicide draft again this year. Just takes some time, I'm half way done.

I'm sure that my RB situation will not help in the overall grading.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandit im looking forward to what im sure will be a great read...

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide recap is up, I did it's own thread because it's so long, here's the link:
2015 Suicide League Draft Recap by the Bandit | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

Bandit i just started to read the write up and cannot believe it yet after last year i guess i can

this is beyond it is just a tremendous read i can only venture a guess as to how much time an effort you put into this

im sure everyone will throw kudos your way if and when they catch up

congrats thank you it is tremendous

and ill thank you for all that miss it

im guessing the newborn is sleeping well or is Lefty pulling double duties...

WOW!!!!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandit i just started to read the write up and cannot believe it yet after last year i guess i can

this is beyond it is just a tremendous read i can only venture a guess as to how much time an effort you put into this

im sure everyone will throw kudos your way if and when they catch up

congrats thank you it is tremendous

and ill thank you for all that miss it

im guessing the newborn is sleeping well or is Lefty pulling double duties...

WOW!!!!

Thanks Barilko. Yes, Lefty actually comes over every night and stays right by his side so my wife and I can get some sleep, we call him Nanny Lefty. No just kidding, he and my Mom help out any time we ask them too, but honestly, he is a great baby (just turned two months old) and my daughter, who just had her 2nd birthday (Minnie Mouse theme) is wonderful also. We are very blessed to have the children we have.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I submitted my first article to Fantrax today in over a year. Nothing much or too exciting. It's an article on some sleepers to keep an eye. Sleepers that, for all intents and purposes, are not being drafted based on ADP and consensus rankings. The mood just hit me to do it.

The article is waiting their approval.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I submitted my first article to Fantrax today in over a year. Nothing much or too exciting. It's an article on some sleepers to keep an eye. Sleepers that, for all intents and purposes, are not being drafted based on ADP and consensus rankings. The mood just hit me to do it.

The article is waiting their approval.
based on your prior writings it should be a lock

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm way behind on stuff over here... @averagejoe , can you catch me up with what you've been doing? Something for ESPN?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm way behind on stuff over here... can you catch me up with what you've been doing? Something for ESPN?

ESPN doesn't need another idiot like me. Here's the short story:

Back in the CBS days there was a guy with the handle "Da Dome" and he started a FF league on the Fantrax site. But part of the league involved writing a weekly fantasy article and you would get a point towards your team total for every comment someone posted on your article. (Not sure how he worked that out with the Fantrax hierarchy because you needed "admin" permissions?) I think I was the only one of the 12 who was consistent enough to even submit an article each week.

Some articles were good. Others were a stretch. And still others were submitted just to satisfy the requirement.

At some point, one of the Fantrax editors asked if I could continue to write a weekly article. So I did. But since I wasn't getting paid, and the articles were not really being "featured" on Fantrax (they are there, but you have to search), I only did them sporadically, and then not at all if I didn't feel the creative juices.

For some reason, I was "in the zone" yesterday and decided to do a rare write-up and submit it. It's still not approved though.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great little write up. Good stuff Joe

Thanks, guys. Maybe I listed too many Seahawks? Everyone expects their offensive numbers to increase, but even I'm not expecting a massive jump.

BTW Bar, feel free to visit the Blackhawks board and chime in. You know you want to.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff, Joe; I was selfishly pleased to see Baldwin mentioned. I agree with your points on Bowe, but ugh, what a headache that guy has been. I've always gotten the feeling that he's Just. Not. Trying.