• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol..oh, yes, I I guess I didn't say that did i? Ha, yes, the ball must change hands in some form, AND be returned across the opponents goaline for the 2pts to be awarded

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, this commish would veto that idea outright. :suds:

Honestly though, this league was created to be bare bones, simplistic. To have a even, level playing field, so we could have a true. ."bragging rights champion", not just someone who knew how to manipulate a complicated system better than the next guy. There's no need for coming up with convoluted solutions to something that isn't a major issue to begin with. If grabbing a Asiata off waivers gives someone a big advantage, than either he shouldn't have been available to start with, or the owner deserves the advantage for being smart enough to pick him up and play him the right weeks. .simple as that. Either way, it played out as it should have, and will continue to do so.

As a Commish myself I agree. I wouldnt want to do that crap. I was just saying that it is an option.

Personally I find the waiver priority to be a very useful and strategic tool.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fumbled or intercepted 2pt conversions can be returned for 2pts. But just stopped, no.

Doubt they'd have anything for the bad snap or shank. But dang, how terrible would a kick from the 15 yard line have be shanked, and still stay in the field of play to be returned? That'd be embarrassing!

I can't really see it happening too often anyway so I'm fine with it. College has had that rule for years and it still hardly ever happens.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Commish myself I agree. I wouldnt want to do that crap. I was just saying that it is an option.

Personally I find the waiver priority to be a very useful and strategic tool.

Maybe there should just be an unwritten rule where in the playoffs you can only make so many DROPS...

Maybe per round you can only make one drop... Treff, you said the point of these leagues is to NOT maneuver and find a way to cheat the system... Well, that's actually what I am trying to prevent... When your playoff roster does not look at all like your roster any other week, there is a problem...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really see it happening too often anyway so I'm fine with it. College has had that rule for years and it still hardly ever happens.

If anything all this does is will make teams be more careful with their playcalling... actually a counterproductive rule...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there should just be an unwritten rule where in the playoffs you can only make so many DROPS...

Maybe per round you can only make one drop... Treff, you said the point of these leagues is to NOT maneuver and find a way to cheat the system... Well, that's actually what I am trying to prevent... When your playoff roster does not look at all like your roster any other week, there is a problem...

You can't cap the add/drops. Injuries happen. And it doesn't matter at all how different your week one roster looks compared to week 16.

Not really grasping what happened or what you find troubling.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somehow your misremembering or confused as to how last year's waivers worked, because that's not how its setup to work. If you made a claim, and stayed on top, the only way that happened, as previously mentioned, is that all other playoff owners also made a claim. .which is entirely possible.

As to the add/drops...my team never looks the same week 2, Week 5, week 6, week 9..by end of season, I might have 1 player I started week one with. There's absolutely nothing wrong with adjusting the team to get the most competitive lineup you think you can, ANY week, but ESPECIALLY playoff time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't cap the add/drops. Injuries happen. And it doesn't matter at all how different your week one roster looks compared to week 16.

Not really grasping what happened or what you find troubling.

That's why I was just capping the Drops... You can throw players onto the DL and make adds...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm dense, but I still don't understand the problem. If I remember correctly, Milk had me waiver-blocked in the playoffs and it ultimately won him the championship. It was well played and by the rules, so good for him and sucks for me. What exactly are we discussing here? As for unwritten rules, that is an area that needs to be tread carefully and could easily cause unnecessary complications.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???
Who cares who is dropped? They're probably dropped for a good reason. Again, not following.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow your misremembering or confused as to how last year's waivers worked, because that's not how its setup to work. If you made a claim, and stayed on top, the only way that happened, as previously mentioned, is that all other playoff owners also made a claim. .which is entirely possible.

As to the add/drops...my team never looks the same week 2, Week 5, week 6, week 9..by end of season, I might have 1 player I started week one with. There's absolutely nothing wrong with adjusting the team to get the most competitive lineup you think you can, ANY week, but ESPECIALLY playoff time.

Maybe I explained it wrong... I always had the first pick every round in the playoffs... The first round it was because I already had the first priority, after each other round it was because like you said they made adds too... But if the underdog is always getting the first transaction doesn't that give them an advantage that they shouldn't be getting... I know what I am asking is a rule change that wont make it, I am just stating that the way I won last year was very CHEAP...

I do think that playoff rules should be different than regular season rules... And the rules should be giving the Better teams the slight advantage(or at least not allow the underdog to get an advantage)...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I explained it wrong... I always had the first pick every round in the playoffs... The first round it was because I already had the first priority, after each other round it was because like you said they made adds too... But if the underdog is always getting the first transaction doesn't that give them an advantage that they shouldn't be getting... I know what I am asking is a rule change that wont make it, I am just stating that the way I won last year was very CHEAP...

I do think that playoff rules should be different than regular season rules... And the rules should be giving the Better teams the slight advantage(or at least not allow the underdog to get an advantage)...
Actually, in every major sport, waiver acquisition rules are in place to give the worst team the first choice, so yeah, I think that's just fine. The waivers worked as intended, there is no problem to fix

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the underdog is always getting the first transaction doesn't that give them an advantage that they shouldn't be getting
Did that happen any time other than Week 1 in your league?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could see what exactly happened last season so I can actually explain better... But I guess either way nobody else sees it to be a problem so I guess the rule change suggestion is done and squashed...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can look at it as cheap if you like .but the better way to look at it is , if everyone else was making claims, and you still continued to get the guy who performed better, you simply made smart choices than they did.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't cheap at all, it was perfect by-the-rules strategy. The better team (and owner) won, fair and square.

If anything, the way I won the golden ticket is tarnished by an important win over a dead team in the early going. I actually went back and looked at probabilities and it might not have mattered anyway, but still...

In any event, you won the whole thing by playing it perfectly, imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk did a bang up job with the wire late in the season and in the playoffs.(he played his cards right while taking advantage of his divisional situation.)

I was impressed. And also somewhat stunned.(Sanchez!?!)

Mark Sanchez, The Plodder and Latavious Murray came up huge. Didn't hurt that Dez went off either.

Was a title well earned. (I'm looking forward to hoisting the Visigoth Championship banner during TheComitie's first home game. I'd gladly trade it to Chef for his ticket though. Hahaha.)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...2014 barbarians playoff waivers. .week1, Milk had top selection, (Lat Murray), all other owners also picked a guy (Chef actually grabbed 3), leaving you back on top as it should be. week 2 of the playoffs, only Chef made a claim, leaving Milk on top, as it should be. Week 3, Milk still had top priority by virtue of not making a claim the previous week. .as it should be, and you took Asiata.
This played out exactly as it should have.