• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLANCE = DYNASTY

Going for back-to-back A league championships and won the B league the year before that. Very impressive run sir win or lose this week. I tip my cap to you.

Hat_Tip_Cartoon_300x300.jpg

Thank you sir!

Been an interesting year for me. Missed the playoffs in both my $ leagues (prior to this year, I had missed 1 playoff in 4 years of playing both leagues) and finished 13th out of 14 in 1 league.

Now in the championship in both MBBRL and Suicide where the competition is far better than the leagues where my teams missed.

I found 1 common denominator on my good teams though: Odell Beckham!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who are in the finals of Suicide A and Coma A?

In Suicide B it is Bandit against Smitty in the finals

In Coma B it is the matchup we all hoped for as it's father against son with Lefty and Bandit facing off. Yeah it's in the wrong league but that just goes to show you that great minds think alike on deep, deep, deep sleepers.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Coma B it is the matchup we all hoped for as it's father against son with Lefty and Bandit facing off. Yeah it's in the wrong league but that just goes to show you that great minds think alike on deep, deep, deep sleepers.

That will be reported within the hour. .. hint. .. it ain't me :(

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, I even have a QB for it. ..... :hope:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Joestradamus standings

So, once again, apologies for not getting this up last week, but the results are in,

3 posters had a 3-3 record-Tlance, Bandit and Fuzzy
2 had a 1-5 record, Treff and Sam,
and Joe tapped out--
bringing the final standings to
Fuzzy 53-31
Tlance 51-33
Bandit 49-35
Sam 34-32
Treff 39-43
Joe 29-43

Congrats to Fuzzy, prognosticator of prognosticators!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe still won though, because he predicted the tie.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey TKO, I started a thread on the baseball board which might interest you.

If it doesn't now, I am pretty sure it will in the future. ;)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 15 Recap

Tlance is the Man
Tlance annihilated Fuzzy to reach his third straight MBBRL final. It was all over as soon as they got off the bus with Tlance wining 146-58. He got 0 out of his tight end, but every other player on his team had at least 9 points led by the 30 for Odell Beckham, 29 from Dez Bryant, 26 from Romo, 18 from Demaryius Thomas, 14 from the Lions D, 11 from Ingram, and 9 each from C.J. Anderson and Shaun Suisham. Fuzzy got lower than projected points from everybody in his lineup except the Giants D including disappointments Jonathan Stewart, Alfred Morris, Calvin Johnson, Keenan Allen, and Julius Thomas, even Andrew Luck with 18 points was a disappointment. One thing Tlance made sure of was that it would have made absolutely no difference who the wild card team was, he still would have won since he put up 45 more points than the next closest team. In fact, if the first playoff team out which was Sam and Fuzzy would combined their teams against Tlance he still would have won 146-117, now that's domination. Tlance hopes to go for an MBBRL three-peat in the championship this weekend.

Joe gets an early Christmas gift

Ram tried to make a comeback with Brees going on Monday night, but he just came up a little bit short with 33 points since Martellus Bennett pulled 5 points and Joe creeped away with a 87-84 victory. Ram left Julio Jones in his lineup who was inactive and if he would have put Doug Baldwin in the wide receiver spot and played either Shane Vereen or anybody on waivers that scored at least 4 points he would have advanced to the championship, but as it was Joe took full advantage and advances to the title game against the mighty Tlance who is looking unbeatable, but hey that's why they play the games.

Chef slices and dices his way to the finals

In the rubber match between the two of them, Chef took the 2-1 season lead and advanced the championship with a 105-66 drubbing over Smitty. Smitty's team fought so hard to get the #1 overall seed that they had apparently used up all their energy and fell apart in the first round of the playoffs getting underachieving games from Philip Rivers (11) Forte (9) Crowell (2) Hilton (5) and Donnell (1). Chef got good games from Brady, Jeremy Hill, and the Chiefs D on his way to the championship game. Smitty now becomes the biggest Chef fan because if Chef wins the championship game this week, then Smitty would join him in the A league since Smitty was the #1 overall seed.

Milk drowns Micro

Going into the Monday night game, Milk held a 94-87 lead over Micro and Milk had Marquess Wilson left to go and Micro had Ingram left. Ingram got Micro 11 points, but Wilson came up with 7 himself to give Milk the 101-98 victory and advance to the finals. This is the second straight year that Micro has lost in the first round of the playoffs getting knocked off by eventual Super Bowl champion Barilko last year. Hopefully the third time will be a charm next year as he has proved to be a great fantasy manager just having some bad luck at the wrong time of year. Milk got great games from the Patriots D and Dez Bryant and Micro was done in by yet another mediocre performance by Peyton Manning which would be his third straight subpar game. Milk will match up against Chef in the finals and if he wins he will join Chef in the A league next year.

Playoff notes

As stated earlier Fuzzy shouldn't feel that badly since Tlance would have completely destroyed anybody in either league last week with the 146 he put on the board.

Chef is moving to the A league no matter what because of his breakdown championship and the other team joining him will be Milk if Milk defeats him in the title game this weekend. If Chef wins, then it will be Smitty joining him next year.
In case anybody is curious, here are the rosters for all teams in the championships:

Tlance

QB - Romo
RB - Ingram, C.J. Anderson, Rashad Jennings, Lamar Miller, Ronnie Hillman
WR - Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Odell Beckham
TE - Jordan Cameron
D/ST - Lions, Bills
K - Shuan Suisham

You can see why he's a monster right now as he picked up C.J Anderson on waivers and traded for Beckham. Those 3 wide receivers are unparalleled in any league.

Joe

QB - Rodgers
RB - Leveon Bell, James Starks, Gio Bernard, Stepfan Taylor, Branden Oliver
WR - Mike Wallace, Julian Edelman, Charles Johnson, Kendall Wright
TE - Martellus Bennett
D/ST - Browns, Dolphins
K - Cody Parkey

Joe's team has been Rodgers and Leveon Bell and that has been enough most weeks.

Chef

QB - Brady
RB - Lesean McCoy, Tre Mason, Jeremy Hill, Blount
WR - Jordy Nelson, Roddy White, Desean Jackson, Harry Douglas
TE - Delanie Walker, Jordan Cameron
D/ST - Chiefs, Bills
K - Vinitieri

Not surprisingly, the only guy left on Chef's roster that he drafted is Jordy Nelson. He traded for everybody else or picked them up on waivers.

Milk

QB - Russell Wilson, Eli Manning
RB - Latavius Murray, Bernard Pierce, Shane Vereen, Carlos Hyde, Davonta Freeman, James Starks
WR - Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Marquess Wilson
TE - Gronk
D/ST - Patriots D
K - Nick Novak

So of the playoff teams, there are no common quarterbacks, the only common running back was James Starks and he was picked up on waivers, the only common wide receiver is Dez Bryant, only tight end is Jordan Cameron although I have no idea why, and the only common defense is the Bills with no common kicker. So obviously there was no special formula for drafting this year. As far as draft position goes, you'll get a kick out of this, Chef was 3rd, Milk was 6th, Joe was 9th, and Tlance was 12th. Doesn't get any more spread out than that.

Good luck to all four playoff teams this week and we're looking forward to doing battle with Chef and either Smitty or Milk next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Bandit!

FYI, Jordan Cameron is no longer a common thread as he is now on the free agent list. My championship game TE is TBA. If I can get 3 points out of whoever I grab, it will be more than Cameron ever gave me.

Also, some interesting free agent pick-ups will shape the outcome in both championships. Joe has Toby Gerhardt going tonight and the Panthers D queued up for Sunday, while Milk appears to be using any RB he can find with a pulse and a decent matchup.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff as always, Bandit! I actually did draft Tre as well, then dropped him like a hot potato, then traded back for him.

Good luck Tlance and Joe!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I dropped Jordan Cameron as well, for Dwayne Allen.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the Jets or the Chargers?

11 is a good start for you and Joe.

After reading all of the praise for tlance and his MBBRL dominance over the last 3 seasons, I was wondering if my Windy City Sloths should even show up for the title game? It looks like he is a lock for the win based on ESPN projections and talented wordsmith Bandit, to name a few.

And tlance helped his own cause by artfully playing the waiver wire. Knowing that (1) my team is struggling at the RB2 position and (2) was assigned the 12th waiver wire position, tlance attempted to add to my RB2 struggles by grabbing both Matt Asiata and Joseph Randle. Oh, you're a sly one.

It didn't help that I was distracted earlier this week and grabbed Lance Dunbar instead.

When reports started to come out that Murray may be a go for the 'Boys after all, I threw caution to the wind and picked up 2014 disappointment Toby Gerhart. The same Gerhart that had been on 3 other rosters: Sam, Treff, as well as my dominant opponent - tlance!

For Gerhart to get me 11 points against not only his former owner, but his original owner, was a real nice surprise.

But we still have other players to go through. So now I'm wondering about my chances post Gerhart?

The Jets were 18-point underdogs in Super Bowl 3 against the Baltimore Colts. The Jets won. Then again, the Chargers were 18.5-point underdogs in Super Bowl 29 against the SF 49ers. The Bolts were blown out and lost.

I'm scared.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Joe. I think this game should be very close. Gerhart's start was nice, but you have the two best players in the game (Rodgers and Bell). Also, I think Bennett will have a nice game this week. We know the Bears won't be able to run against Detroit, so expect Clausen to be targeting Bennett and Forte on short passes all day.

I think the matchup will be determined by Romo, the Panther's D and your WRs. If you can get 40+ from those 4 spots, I think Romo will need to have a big game for me to have a chance.

If we were doing pick 'ems this week, I would say:

Tlance 118 - Joe 114

I have to pick myself, but I think it comes down to Monday Night.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe's team has been Rodgers and Leveon Bell and that has been enough most weeks.
Love extra effort, Bandit. But I would like to give a couple of my players their due.

It's true, I've been riding the coattails of Roders and LeVeon all season. But as for some of my other picks...

• Martellus Bennett has also been a steady contributor. He's dropped a little from where he was just 4 weeks ago, but he is the 5th-best TE. In fact he's 5 points away from Jimmy Graham in the 3-spot. And 9 points away from Greg Olsen in the 2-spot.
  • Cody Parkey - as you noted, I did pick him up as a FA. But this transaction occurred on AUG 31 - before the start of the NFL season. Parkey's addition was the result of Prater's suspension and he essentially stayed in the top 2 or 3 all season. (Basically he was a supplemental draft pick.)
  • While no one is kicking themselves for not taking Mike Wallace, he hasn't really killed me either. He's currently ranked 19th, which means that he'd find his way on to someone's roster.
  • And I've been riding the stealthy, unflashy Dolphins D/ST ever since September12th. They've helped.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz So Good. Another move pays off for tlance. Good job.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why tackle?? let them score a TD!!! i don't get this!!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz was a nice addition for you t.
I see that I lost Edelman. My hopes are dwindling.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz was a nice addition for you t.
I see that I lost Edelman. My hopes are dwindling.

Lots of football left to be played. The two misses by Parkey helped me as much as the big game from Ertz.