• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, is it possible that Aaron Hernandez killed that guy? What a moron to be anywhere near something like that.

He is reported being sued in civil court for shooting somebody in the face also. Seems like a class act.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great 4th round pick!

What a game Joe! I would have preferred to be up 3-1, but let's get some suspense! -- Hey, my Spurs are doing Game 7 tonight too! (Basketball didn't crack my top 3 though)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, is it possible that Aaron Hernandez killed that guy? What a moron to be anywhere near something like that.

He is reported being sued in civil court for shooting somebody in the face also. Seems like a class act.

In all fairness, I think he shot the first guy in the arm, but when the bullet went through his arm, it deflected up into his face.

Still, Hernandez is looking to be in a bad situation as of right now. Body found <1mi from his house, abandoned rental car found near body rented in his name, state troopers scouring his neighborhood for clues.....

Looks like Brady might lose his top 3 options for 2013. scary

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, I think he shot the first guy in the arm, but when the bullet went through his arm, it deflected up into his face.

Prolly just playing slug bug.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still, Hernandez is looking to be in a bad situation as of right now. Body found <1mi from his house, abandoned rental car found near body rented in his name, state troopers scouring his neighborhood for clues.....

Looks like Brady might lose his top 3 options for 2013. scary

That does make it a lot better. I shoot my friends in the arm all the time.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was. We did. Whew! I think I had at least 2 heart attacks during the game.
What a game --Joe i'm glad your heart survived...I had Bruins in 5 in my pool trying to sneak up into the money - thats out so now i cheer with my heart.Well you know being a Habs fan its a no doubter GO Hawks Go!!!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow. Some love him. Some hate him. No matter how you see him, you'd have to admit that his NFL career has been "interesting" to say the least.

Aaron Hernandez. Things are not looking good for him legally, which can only mean that in Goodell's NFL it will not translate well professionally either.

What do these two have to do with each other? Well, call me crazy, but Tebow may have a chance to extend his "interesting" NFL legacy.

Tebow has been reunited with Josh McDaniels in Foxboro. The same McDaniels that drafted him 25th overall as head coach of the Broncos. So Tebow is familiar with McDaniels' offense. And as a QB, Tebow should know the routes in McDaniels' offense, and where receivers need to be.

Would it be a stretch to make Tebow a TE? The Patriots are rather thin at the position. Or could be pending the legal process.

It's not like Tebow doesn't have talent. He is a Heisman trophy winner. He's a NCAA national champion. He's won NFL playoff games. Maybe Tebow's QB numbers are below average. But he does have a 5.0 yards-per-carry rushing average in the NFL. He has nearly 1000 yards on only 197 attempts. So like I said, he does have talent.

I checked ADP (Average Draft Position) and as of today Tebow is 158th overall. That ranking would land him on a 12-team, 14-roster fantasy team.

Yep, you can call me crazy, but apparently there's enough other crazy fantasy owners out there.

Disclaimer:
The views and opinions of averagejoe does not necessarily reflect the views of the MBBRL or of averagejoe himself.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chemistry in the Pats passing game is gone. I think Tebow maybe could be a good TE (if he shows he can catch) but I doubt he'll be much good in his first year trying it, beyond a few pretty simple plays. Ballard and Hoomananowowuwiinnauaieie are probably more interesting than Tebow if Gronk starts on the PUP and Hernandez is gone. And Vereen and Edelman, since they're the few left that Brady has thrown to before.

Brady could be weak out of the gate.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i just checked in on the old Cbs and noticed a Hernandez for Titus Young trade..anyone else find that funny..

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Will, when is the MBBRL draft? Are we still gonna have an A and B league and do we know how many peeps we still need to fill? Then the big question: who is A and who is B? I know you posted all of this on CBS but well, I'm old and I forgot.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be a stretch to make Tebow a TE?

Like Vince Wilfork's gym pants!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Joe, good series and congrats. I really can't believe what I just saw, but that's what can happen in a minute. Chicago pulling their goalie, to scoring twice and Boston pulling their goalie! Wow. This will be tough to swallow, because I thought we had it in the bag mid-way through game 5.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Joe, good series and congrats. I really can't believe what I just saw, but that's what can happen in a minute. Chicago pulling their goalie, to scoring twice and Boston pulling their goalie! Wow. This will be tough to swallow, because I thought we had it in the bag mid-way through game 5.
Hey you started that way even longer odds when the B's scored 2 with the goalie out in game 7 against the leafs ...Shocker..Congrats Joe enjoy....What an awesome series..

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true... went from not deserving to beat the Leafs, to thinking the Rangers would whoop us, but watching the opposite, then "knowing" the Pens would have their way with us, to watching the opposite again... that's where my head screwed it up, I didn't think or know the Hawks would roll us!!! damn me!!!

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true... went from not deserving to beat the Leafs, to thinking the Rangers would whoop us, but watching the opposite, then "knowing" the Pens would have their way with us, to watching the opposite again... that's where my head screwed it up, I didn't think or know the Hawks would roll us!!! damn me!!!
You are not alone i had the B's in 6 in my pool

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks TKO and thanks Barilko.

I was joking on the Blackhawks message board that these games were giving me heart attacks. Maybe not literally, but the Bruins were one tough team. The way that they made fast work of the Penguins had me a little worried. And after the record-breaking season that the Hawks had (plus winning the President's Trophy), I was just hoping that the Hawks would give the Bruins a respectable series.

Not sure why so many hockey media guys were against the Hawks? Even in the initial series against the Wild, we were hearing talk that the Wild play a similar style as the Hawks. Oh, and Backstrom. Then in the Detroit series, we had to hear about how great Jimmy Howard was playing. Which was nothing compared to the man-crush that the media had for Jonathan Quick. Which also pales in comparison to the Foot-like love shown to Tuuka Rask. So many media guys were picking the Bruins. In fact the only non-Chicago media guy I know that picked the Hawks (in 7) was the Bruins radio announcer, Jack Edwards (which was a shocking pick).

I'm rambling.... so glad it's over. I'm all hyped right now from the win. I may not be able to sleep right away.

Sure hope the Bears were watching?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be a stretch to make Tebow a TE? The Patriots are rather thin at the position. Or could be pending the legal process.

I checked ADP (Average Draft Position) and as of today Tebow is 158th overall. That ranking would land him on a 12-team, 14-roster fantasy team.

As of today, Tebow's ADP is now 136.