• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty clear the Lions don't think LeShoure is the answer, so I'd drop him from consideration. What's your draft position, and do you have to keep four?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO, I think it boils down to Rudolph or Williams. As you mentioned this is a huge league. Saw Will's comment about LeShoure and agree. You can probably take James out of the equation too, since he's 3rd on the SF depth chart, barring an injury. His touches will be very limited.

Rudolph did have 9 TD and was targeted 93 times. What are your other choices at TE?

Meanwhile Williams was the 35th WR taken in the Suicide draft. His ADP is currently 41 which isn't that far off. This also might boil down to your other options at WR.

My synopsis: There is a huge drop off in TE value once you get past the elite guys. Rudolph isn't bad but he may only get you single-digit fantasy points each week. Where as Williams could teeter on doub-digit points, so I might lean towards Williams.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stuck on my 4th keeper to go with Colin K., DMC, and Harvin.

Mikel Leshoure
LaMichael James
Mike Williams (TB)
Kyle Rudolph

With 4 keepers and 16 teams anyone you keep will theroretically be a top 64 player. Leshore and L James certainly are not in that category. Rudolph is an acceptable TE option, but there are other options at TE once the top 5 are gone that will provide similar stats. You should be able to get one of these guys in the top 100-120 players.
The easy selection here for me is Mike Williams. With VJAX on the other side, Williams does not get the top coverage guy and Josh Freemen is on the rise. I see Williams having a nice year in yards and TDs.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 6th in the draft.

I agree on the RB points.

I think I'll give MWTB his reward for being my stud last year. Should be able to get one of the rookie RB's with my first pick.... but that's for another day, as I would first like to see who's being kept by others.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have to keep four, I'd only keep three. If you do have to keep four, I'd keep MWTB. But I wouldn't try to talk you out of Rudolph.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll give MWTB his reward for being my stud last year. Should be able to get one of the rookie RB's with my first pick.... but that's for another day, as I would first like to see who's being kept by others.

That's what I would do..................probably what Brian Boitano would do to.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have to keep four.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id go Williams over Rudolph. I think it would be a lot easier to replace Rudolph than Williams. A few TEs out there that could get you Rudolph stats that are under the radar. Especially with potential to start 3 WRs.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably what Brian Boitano would do

Nah, he'd go with Rudolph. Purple and gold outfits versus pewter and maroon? No contest.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm itching to trade / draft etc but my gang is sleeping..im shopping RG3 trying to start a bidding war but i guess my fellow Canadians are Still in Hockey mode...Average Joe looks like game 4 will be all but a must win for ya....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm itching to trade / draft etc but my gang is sleeping..im shopping RG3 trying to start a bidding war but i guess my fellow Canadians are Still in Hockey mode...Average Joe looks like game 4 will be all but a must win for ya....

this is just me, but if it's a bidding war for RGIII, I'd sit on my bid paddle this year..maybe every year.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just me, but if it's a bidding war for RGIII, I'd sit on my bid paddle this year..maybe every year.
ya good call but i dont think that they are that on the ball ..ill sell him yet..who ever gets him has to give up a 4th round to keep him..

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to be clear, it isn't because I don't think RGIII is a great fantasy QB, but rather I see a Ron Mexico factor in his future. Gonna light up the scoreboard, no doubt, but he's going to spend an awful lot of time in the trainers room, and I'm not sure if he's good enough to adjust once defenses figure out how to contain him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Gronk is out till, well who knows for sure, Hernandez is now a person of interest ina homicide investigation, Amendola is as brittle as they come..cripes.
If Edelman wasn't also fragile, I'd say his stock is seriously on the rise, but, could it be, just maybe, the hoodie finally convinces Timmy to switch positions and he's the most relevant receiving option on the PATs?? crazy enough to be true...

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady over the middle Tebow Again!!..say it ain't so

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught the post from Joe and Wil (old CBS stuff) on the Suicide thread and it was truly entertaining. We did come up with some great stuff. ..... now on to a new thread and let the entertainment continue !!!

TKO - agree with Monkey on your keeper question, but in a league that large and with so many keepers I'd think long and hard on Leshoure - Bush has not been the most healthy of backs through his career. Yes. he did great for two years in Miami - but I still find him hard to trust ......

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with LeShoure (who I was high on last year) is that the Lions have had plenty of time to take a look at him and don't trust him. They seemed happy to have Joique Bell in there last year in key situations, so I wouldn't even bank on LeShoure being a clear-cut lead back if Bush goes down. By the way, they didn't trust Kevin Smith either. Maybe they have trust issues. In any event I bet they draft a RB fairly early next year. I don't see much of a future for LeShoure, especially on a pass-happy team when he isn't a great receiver. And a lot of his TDs came from a faint touch of the Madden curse, just enough to keep bringing down Megatron at the 1.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with LeShoure (who I was high on last year) is that the Lions have had plenty of time to take a look at him and don't trust him. They seemed happy to have Joique Bell in there last year in key situations, so I wouldn't even bank on LeShoure being a clear-cut lead back if Bush goes down. By the way, they didn't trust Kevin Smith either. Maybe they have trust issues. In any event I bet they draft a RB fairly early next year. I don't see much of a future for LeShoure, especially on a pass-happy team when he isn't a great receiver. And a lot of his TDs came from a faint touch of the Madden curse, just enough to keep bringing down Megatron at the 1.

Can't disagree with any points you made. Him as a top 64 guy is way too high, but I'd just be concerned on what RB's will be left to pick from with everyone keeping 4 players. We do a 2 keeper league with only one from a position allowed. Even at that, the RB pickings are slim after the 1st rd cause everyone keeps one.

I wasn't paying attention to the ppr format so that would be another check against him. Peace.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll weigh in on the Leshoure discussion.

I still think the Lions use Leshoure. I feel that they may be disappointed in his YPC, which prompted them to pursue Bush. That, and perhaps the lackluster options of Bell and Smith to spell Leshoure. Some RB perform better in a 2-back system.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average Joe looks like game 4 will be all but a must win for ya....

It was. We did. Whew! I think I had at least 2 heart attacks during the game.