• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Supreme Court Justice of the MBBRL, I submit that using Intra-Division record to determine extra-division tie-breakers clearly violates the intent of the founding fathers (and is totally hare-brained).

The settings this year for the first tie-breaker is Intra-Division record; the second tie-breaker is total PF. Clearly Intra-Division record should be used to determine the representatives for each division for each seed. After that, ties across divisions should be decided by PF.

The Commissioner has the power to correct any deviations from this that may arise from an idiotic system.

I would be okay with this for sure.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Supreme Court Justice of the MBBRL, I submit that using Intra-Division record to determine extra-division tie-breakers clearly violates the intent of the founding fathers (and is totally hare-brained).

The settings this year for the first tie-breaker is Intra-Division record; the second tie-breaker is total PF. Clearly Intra-Division record should be used to determine the representatives for each division for each seed. After that, ties across divisions should be decided by PF.

The Commissioner has the power to correct any deviations from this that may arise from an idiotic system.
Does the commissioner have the power to go back in time and not draft Ball, Martin, Davis, and Stafford? Maybe snake Foster, Murray, and Luck instead?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning Geico Parody

In case anyone missed it on the Random thread... Treff inspired me to splice together a video... took longer than I anticipated, but Chef & Treff like it...

And yes, that's is my voice (dubbed over the dentist's) via my cheesy computer built-it microphone...

[YOUTUBE]clGa1-_1ty4[/YOUTUBE]

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So division winners (if tied) will be decided by division record. . Then PF. Wild card tie breaker shall be PF, disregarding intradivision record. . Got it, good to go.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So division winners (if tied) will be decided by division record. . Then PF. Wild card tie breaker shall be PF, disregarding intradivision record. . Got it, good to go.

Makes sense to me or at least good enough.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although this puts me in a win the division or go home scenario, I think it is by far the fairest solution. ... with that I say come on Monkey go for three & TKO show some mercy on a guy who can never seem to pick the correct QB ..........

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys this may sound crazy but should work if need to go to the extreme

what should are tiebreakers be

im sure WW can answer

well we determine who is in and if ESPN differs

no sweat lets say Fuzz should be in but Lefty is in instead

well Lefty trades all his players to Fuzz and Fuzz all his to Lefty

then Fuzz takes over Leftys team and renames it to that warm old Fuzzy thing..

problem solved....well sorta....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im sure WW can answer

Either Will or myself can manually adjust the playoff brackets.. it'll be a simple fix

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That may work in Quebec with that goofy metric system and French road signs... but down here in the States we speak Spanish.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im sure WW can answer

That is an extreme solution.

Maybe Fuzzy and Joe will tie, so we can avoid all the tiebreaker nonsense.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a tie.

Hey, looked back at the grades that ESPN handed out on draft night. Well, if the same four seeds actually do make the playoffs, Fuzzies was the only team that graded well from ESPN.

tlance "C-"
Ram "C"
Fuzzies "A"
Joe "C"

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys i hope you appreciate the Canada Spoiler 3 straight over you top guys ill try for 4 ya ready Treff

oh Shady where were ya when i needed ya...

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a tie.

Hey, looked back at the grades that ESPN handed out on draft night. Well, if the same four seeds actually do make the playoffs, Fuzzies was the only team that graded well from ESPN.

tlance "C-"
Ram "C"
Fuzzies "A"
Joe "C"

And I had to remake my team for it to be competitive. ESPN ranks are rank!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been remiss not mentioning how much I enjoy the write ups here and in the other threads.
thanks to Bandit, Treff and Tlance for baseball (and anyone else I may have overlooked). Every once and while I laugh out loud. I did that today when I read from Joe:
That may work in Quebec with that goofy metric system and French road signs... but down here in the States we speak Spanish.

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a tie.

tlance "C-"
Ram "C"
Fuzzies "A"
Joe "C"

Speaking of which, we should use these ESPN preseason rankings as tie breaker. I think Czar Wil got an 'A' for drafting the White Beers, so all I have to do is win this week and Team DilWuff is in!!!! :rollseyes:

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this and posted it for you Bandit:

If there's anything more iconic about Burt Reynolds than his mustache, it's the 1977 Pontiac Trans Am from "Smokey and the Bandit."
Now, Reynolds is selling just such a car. This one wasn't used in the film, but was a promotional vehicle for the movie and then given to Reynolds, according to the listing.
"She features a 400 cid Pontiac V-8 engine with just over 12,000 miles, a 4-barrel carburetor and an automatic transmission," the listing says. "This is an amazing opportunity to own what just might be the coolest car EVER!"
The Trans Am has a pre-auction estimate of $60,000 to $80,000, but with more than a week to go, bidding has already reached $70,000.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is by far the best way to do it and nobody would know the original intentions of the tiebreaker than the Chief Justice himself.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this interesting, below is the list of teams and how many players they have left on their rosters that they actually drafted:

Sam - 7 (Kaepernick, Murray, Desean Jackson, Foster, Vincent Jackson, Witten, & Decker)

Tlance - 6 (Romo, Ingram, Demaryius Thomas, Dez, Rashad Jennings, Lamar Miller)

Joe - 6 (Rodgers, Gio Bernard, Leveon Bell, Mike Wallace, Martellus Bennett, Trent Richardson)

Dilwuff - 6 (Jamaal Charles, Joique Bell, Randall Cobb, T.Y. Hilton, Gronk, Seahawks D)

Ram - 6 (Brees, Ellington, Emmanuel Sanders, Broncos D, Gostkowski, Vereen)

Barilko - 5 (Mccoy, Fred Jackson, Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Terrance Williams)

Fuzzy - 5 (Luck, Megatron, Brandon Marshall, Dan Bailey, Julius Thomas)

Monkey - 5 (Steven Jackson, A.J. Green, Jimmy Graham, Reggie Wayne, Jay Cutler)

Bandit - 4 (Peyton Manning, Eddie Lacy, Greg Olsen, Sammy Watkins)

Lefty - 4 (Matt Ryan, Marshawn Lynch, Alshon Jeffery, Kelvin Benjamin)

TKO - 3 (Forte, Carlos Hyde, Frank Gore)

Treff - 2 (Chris Ivory, Jeremy Maclin)

Not sure you can deduce anything from this, other than we all do a shitload of maneuvering throughout the season considering the person with the most drafted players left on his roster still only has half of his draft picks.