• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw.. didn't have a lot of faith that it would. . Still hoping for about ten more. .

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good. That Wallace drop will likely be the difference.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game this week Sam. Thought it would be an easy one after I had 60-some points from three guys. You made it close and had me worried last night (I went to bed before the half and you were closing in).

Sorry but we had to throw your team in the vat and brew up a nice Imperial Sportboy Stout.

Since starting 0-4 and 1-5, team DilWuff has rejoined the playoff conversation with a 7-6 record.

Let the DilWuff Drunken Rampage roll on!!!!!!

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
label_thumb_14211001000204_front.jpg

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good. That Wallace drop will likely be the difference.

That Wallace drop was just terrible. Not sure what was worse, that or Geno's overthrow of Harvin's easy score.

Of course, my boy Gruden cuts to the chase on that play: "Geno's gotta make those throws". :rollseyes:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Wallace drop was just terrible. Not sure what was worse, that or Geno's overthrow of Harvin's easy score.

Of course, my boy Gruden cuts to the chase on that play: "Geno's gotta make those throws". :rollseyes:

Had those 2 plays hit, I would be in the playoffs right now. Oh well.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 13 Recap

Photo_for_Week_13.jpg

Finally somebody clinched something

We officially have a team in the playoffs in the A league as Tlance completely and utterly broke Bandit's heart and spirit with a 114-113 victory. We've all had tough losses before, but this was particularly brutal watching my lead slowly dissipate as my quarterback kept handing it off to his running back for the entire fourth quarter finally passing me with 1:40 left in the game. And just like that the scoreboard went to 114-113 and my season was officially over. Tlance recovered nicely after getting Romo'd on Thanksgiving with 21 from Jennings, 20 from the Bills D, 13 from Crosby, 12 from Demaryius, and of course 23 from Bandit enemy #1 C.J. Anderson. Bandit got 33 out of Tre Mason, 15 out of the Texans D, 15 out of Justin Tucker, but only 17 out of Manning and a goose egg from Steve Smith. On the bright side, I am 2nd in points and 3rd in breakdown so I got that going for me. Tlance clinches the division and a playoff birth and moves to 9-4. Bandit falls to last place in the division at 6-6-1 and is eliminated from the playoffs.

Ram head butts Lefty into submission

Lefty got consistent games from his entire team. Nobody on his team scored less than 5 points and he had 6 players reach double digits led by Alshon Jeffery's 19. Ram on the other hand had 5 players score 5 points or less. In fact, he had 6 players combine to score only 16 points, but when the other 3 score 86 it doesn't matter. He got 40 from Brees (but let's face it, he's no Ryan Fitzpatrick), 24 from Julio Jones, and 22 from the Broncos D to pull out the 102-98 win. Lefty once again started the wrong quarterback and if he would have started Ryan over Cam he would have won. Ram takes back over the lead in the division at 8-5 and Lefty falls to 7-6. Lefty can still win the division with a win and a Ram loss next week.

Rodgers wins the fight, but Brady's team wins the battle (at least in Fantasy)

In a game that a lot of us thought would come down to the quarterback battle, Rodgers actually outdueled Brady 28-21. However, Barilko got his 2nd straight good game from Mccoy with 21 points, 23 in garbage time out of Antonio Brown, and 32 from the Rams D which was enough to win 125-111 over Joe. Joe got 30 from Leveon Bell as well but that Rams D was just too much to overcome. Joe falls to 8-5 and Barilko moves to 6-7. Joe is in for an epic battle next week against Fuzzy for the division and Barilko has been eliminated and is drinking a Molson or a Red Racer Pale Ale with Bandit in the clubhouse.

Who says tight ends don't matter?

Sam made a bigger mistake than Treff did believing in Monte Ball this year when he benched Coby Fleener for Jason Witten this week. Fleener had 24 points and Witten had 0. That move cost Sam the game losing to the two headed monster of Dilwuff 114-99. Sam still could have pulled it out if Tannehill would have had a 24 point game against the terrible Jets secondary, but mother nature was on Dilwuff's side and brought snow to New Jersey which the guys from Miami had never seen. Many were trying to snort the sky they were so confused and Tannehill only put up 8 points. Dilwuff jumped out to a huge Thanksgiving lead. He was thankful for Mark Sanchez, Joique Bell, and the Seahawks D combining for 68 points and that proved too big a hurtle for Sam to overcome. Sam and Dilwuff are both clinging to playoff hopes at 7-6. Sam picked a bad time of year for a 5 game losing streak.

Fuzzy knows how to kick a guy while he's down

Poor Treff was sitting at 4-3-1 after week 8 and had no chance of moving down. A few injuries here and some trades that didn't pan out for him and now after 5 straight losses he is sitting at 4-8-1 and needs a minor miracle not to move down to the B league. Fuzzy saw the wounded Treff on the ground and proceeded to repeatedly kick him in the stomach until he passed out 110-77. Fuzzy got 42 from Luck and another 26 from Calvin and that was almost enough. Treff could have gotten closer by starting Rivers over Stanton and throwing Doug Martin in there somewhere, but even if he started the perfect lineup he would have still lost by 5. All Treff can hope for is a minor collapse from TKO to jump him in two of three categories between points, breakdown, and record. Fuzzy is in great position for the playoffs at 8-5 with his huge matchup against Joe this week.

Monkey's just warming up

Much like playing golf and birdying the 18th hole always makes you say okay now I'm warmed up let's play 18 more, Monkey is now ready to start the season after winning two of his last three games. TKO got 29 out of Big Ben, 18 out of Torrey Smith, and 14 out of the Colts D, but got nothing out Forte, Gore, or Mike Evans and it wasn't enough to overcome the 35 Monkey got from Hopkins and the 28 from the Vikings D (nice punt team Carolina). TKO falls to 5-8 and Monkey moves up to 2-11.

Notes from the A league

Playoffs as of right now:

#1 Tlance 9-4
#2 Ram 8-5
#3 Joe 8-5
#4 Fuzzy 8-5

Outside looking in:

#5 Lefty 7-6
#6 Sam 7-6
#7 Dilwuff 7-6

Once again I know everybody is reading these posts and perhaps we don't know what to do about the tiebreakers, but we are most likely going to have a tie for the wild card spot of 2 and possibly 4 teams and right now the tiebreaker is division record, which is why Lefty is #5. Either Joe or Fuzzy have to lose this week, so let's say Fuzzy loses and Lefty, Sam, and Dilwuff all win, which makes all four of them 8-6. As of the ESPN settings, Lefty is going to get the wild card spot because his division record will be 5-1 even though the teams he will be tied with will not be in his division and he will have the least amount of points of the 4 teams that are 8-6. Are we okay with that?

Officially eliminated:

Bandit 6-6-1
Barilko 6-7
TKO 5-8
Treff 4-8-1
Monkey 2-11

Teams falling into that other league:

Monkey 3 power ranking
Treff 6 power ranking
TKO 9 power ranking

Treff needs to pull ahead of TKO in 2 of the 3 power categories to avoid moving down. If Treff wins and TKO loses then he would move ahead in the standings and gain a point there. Even with that though he would still either need to outscore TKO by 43 points this week or make up 5.5 breakdown games from him.

Standings, this week's matchups, and B league recap to follow.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close battle

It's a shame that the breakdown title doesn't really mean anything in the A league other than for braggin' rights because it would be a good battle to the last week with 5 teams actually having a shot at the breakdown title.

Tlance 87-55-1
Fuzzy 85-56-2
Bandit 83-56-4
Joe 83-60
Barilko 79-63-1

Another triple crown??

So after Lefty pulled off the first triple crown in MBBRL history last year, Tlance is on his way this year leading in all 3 categories as well.

This week's matchups

Fuzzy v. Joe - This is the biggest matchup by far as the winner will clinch the division and the loser will have to hope that ESPN declares them the winner of the wild card.

Dilwuff v. Tlance - Tlance already has clinched a playoff spot and he can clinch the #1 overall seed with a win. Dilwuff must win and then hope he somehow wins the magic eight ball of a tiebreaker.

Bandit v. Sam - Bandit is playing for nothing except the trying the win the breakdown and points title and not make the playoffs. Sam needs to win and get help from the tiebreaker fairy.

Lefty v. TKO - Lefty can still win the division if he wins and Ram loses or he can win the wild card if the tiebreaking leprechaun makes him the lucky winner. TKO is fighting to hold on to that 3rd to last spot.

Ram v. Monkey - Ram clinches the division with a win or a Lefty loss. If Lefty wins and he loses then he would need to find the golden horseshoe to get the wild card spot. Monkey is looking to keep his winning ways going.

Barilko v. Treff - The only game with no playoff implications. Treff needs to piece together a 140 point team this week to try and avoid going to the B league next year. Barilko is playing for Canadian pride and some nachos.

And here are your standings:

MBBRL_week_13_Standings.jpg

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe- I guess that makes this the first week of the playoffs. Good luck.
I sure do not understand the logic of the tie breaker system for ESPN. Can there be anything less relevant than division record?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had those 2 plays hit, I would be in the playoffs right now. Oh well.

Well, you are certainly in the MBBRL playoffs. Congrats on that and clinching the division! :suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy, one more regular season game to go.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy, one more regular season game to go.

Yes but Joe and I are both 8-5 and in the same division. Winner is in and due to the mysterious tie break system, loser probably does not get the wild card.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Joe and I are both 8-5 and in the same division. Winner is in and due to the mysterious tie break system, loser probably does not get the wild card.

Huh. Now that I think about it, I might be in the same spot...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice breakdown, Bandit. Nice image too. No Zola Budd or Mary Decker?

Joe- I guess that makes this the first week of the playoffs. Good luck.
I sure do not understand the logic of the tie breaker system for ESPN. Can there be anything less relevant than division record?

Thanks, Fuzzies. Same to you. This could be an epic collapse on my part, after leading the MBBRL breakdown record up until a couple of weeks ago. Either way, it was still my best season with all of you experts. Saying that this league is "challenging" is an understatement.

It may be even more interesting if tlance loses and either you, me and Ram wins. Because that would mean that 3 of the top 4 would all be looking at 9-5, but more significantly, Ram and Fuzzies/Joe winner would hold a 4-2 division record, compared to tlance who'd drop to 3-3. That could drop tlance to the #3 seed.

But the unknown is what ESPN will do with the loser of Fuzzies/Joe game? Could Ana/Sam or Lefty sneak in with a win? This could be a killer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again I know everybody is reading these posts and perhaps we don't know what to do about the tiebreakers, but we are most likely going to have a tie for the wild card spot of 2 and possibly 4 teams and right now the tiebreaker is division record, which is why Lefty is #5. Either Joe or Fuzzy have to lose this week, so let's say Fuzzy loses and Lefty, Sam, and Dilwuff all win, which makes all four of them 8-6. As of the ESPN settings, Lefty is going to get the wild card spot because his division record will be 5-1 even though the teams he will be tied with will not be in his division and he will have the least amount of points of the 4 teams that are 8-6. Are we okay with that?

No, dammit. Can't we figure out some set of tie breakers that let's the DilWuff team in?

:Cry:

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write-up, by the way, Bandit.

:suds:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up Bandit. BTW - If it means anything to anyone, if I do not win the Aramis Division I really don't think my team desires to be in the playoff. Several others are much more deserving. So I'm good with whatever tiebreaker puts the best wildcard team in. ...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent work Bandit.. although I'd never put Sam's Fleener on the bench in the same area code as my blind faith in Montee Ball (or Doug Martin, or Vernon Davis).

Bad seasons happen to the best and worst of us, especially when we fall in love with the wrong players.

Don't suppose there's going to be any last minute life savers of someone not coming back next year is there? ?? Lol.
As Arnold would say. .
I'll be back

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Supreme Court Justice of the MBBRL, I submit that using Intra-Division record to determine extra-division tie-breakers clearly violates the intent of the founding fathers (and is totally hare-brained).

The settings this year for the first tie-breaker is Intra-Division record; the second tie-breaker is total PF. Clearly Intra-Division record should be used to determine the representatives for each division for each seed. After that, ties across divisions should be decided by PF.

The Commissioner has the power to correct any deviations from this that may arise from an idiotic system.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Fuzzies. Same to you. This could be an epic collapse on my part, after leading the MBBRL breakdown record up until a couple of weeks ago. Either way, it was still my best season with all of you experts. Saying that this league is "challenging" is an understatement.

It may be even more interesting if tlance loses and either you, me and Ram wins. Because that would mean that 3 of the top 4 would all be looking at 9-5, but more significantly, Ram and Fuzzies/Joe winner would hold a 4-2 division record, compared to tlance who'd drop to 3-3. That could drop tlance to the #3 seed.

But the unknown is what ESPN will do with the loser of Fuzzies/Joe game? Could Ana/Sam or Lefty sneak in with a win? This could be a killer.

Nice work Bandit!

1 seed, 2 seed or 3 seed makes no difference to me. As long is it is higher than 5, I will be very happy.

Whatever the tie breaker fairy says this year is what we must go with, but for such a competitive league with such experienced owners, we really need to come up with our own tie breaker system next year. ESPN's appears to be deeply flawed.

Best of luck to those at its mercy!