• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be great for Breakdown to be the first tiebreaker; it's the best indicator of season-long quality. When I set the leagues up a couple of years ago I picked the pre-cooked setting that would make the end of the season most interesting (intra-division). The commissioner can set playoff seeds manually, so I'm all for Breakdown. The only problem is that people have to remember, because the settings for the league will say something else.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing:

I really think we need different tie breakers next season.

Head to head makes sense in real football, but not in fantasy. It bases way too much on 1 random week. First 2 tiebreakers should be points for and breakdown.

Yes, I do lose the tie breaker to just about every team I could possibly tie with, but I will always favor a system that rewards the best team over the course of the whole season.

Well I'm sure everyone knows my thoughts on it, whatever best mimics real football is what I prefer. But I'm not passionate enough about it either way to make a big deal. Whichever the majority of what ya'll think is fine by me

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm sure everyone knows my thoughts on it, whatever best mimics real football is what I prefer. But I'm not passionate enough about it either way to make a big deal. Whichever the majority of what ya'll think is fine by me

There is 1 big difference though.

In real football, when team A plays team B, team A can affect B's performance with their own play. In fantasy, you are defenseless to the number that the other team posts.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing:

I really think we need different tie breakers next season.

Head to head makes sense in real football, but not in fantasy. It bases way too much on 1 random week. First 2 tiebreakers should be points for and breakdown.

Yes, I do lose the tie breaker to just about every team I could possibly tie with, but I will always favor a system that rewards the best team over the course of the whole season.

Not sure what options you have as far as league setting go but I'd agree when it comes down to playoff seeding, the better season team makes sense. Head to head as a tie-breaker places emphasis on one week (as you stated) - of which the 'lesser' team may have hit the 'better' team with bye-week or injury issues.
Personally, I think 'total points for' or 'breakdown' should be the way the entire season is judged (not just as a tie-breaker). ... but that's just my opinion. (I doubt those are not options in free leagues though).

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on two different schools of thought with it. I think the division champion should be determined with division record first. All four teams in a division play the exact same schedule and if you end up in a tie for the division championship but you performed better in the 6 intra-division games, then you should win the division championship. As far as seeding across divisions and the wild card, I love the idea of breakdown being the tiebreaker because it is the one true indicator of being good every week. Even your points for can be skewed if you have a few big weeks, but to win in breakdown you have to be above average every week or at least most weeks and hey we already keep track of it anyway. So I think the division champ should stay division record as the first tiebreaker, but seeding of division champs and the wild card should go by breakdown as the first tiebreaker. Hopefully that makes sense to everybody.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is 1 big difference though.

In real football, when team A plays team B, team A can affect B's performance with their own play. In fantasy, you are defenseless to the number that the other team posts.
Well as I mentioned I don't care enough one way or the other to aggressively defend my position on this one. But rational reasons aside, it's just the principle of mimicking real life that I side with in matters like this one and the waiver issue

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A League Recap
Tlance takes control

In the battle of 7-4 teams for the lead in the Porthos division, Sam scored a respectable 89 points.Unfortunately he ran into the highest score in either league this year as Tlance put 162 on the board to take control of the division. Tlance got a combined 130 points from Romo, C.J. Anderson, Dez, Demaryius, and the Bills D, and if he would have started Odell Beckham over Ingram in the flex he would have scored 185.The good news for Joe is that with the losses by Ram and Fuzzy he is still in good position for the playoffs.Tlance moves to 8-4 and Sam falls to 7-5.

Bandit stops the streak

Dilwuff finally went down after 5 straight wins and it took 142 points out of Bandit to do it.That moves Bandit back into 3rd place in the brutal Porthos division, but both teams are still alive to make the playoffs.Bandit was led by the 36 Manning put up, plus 30 from Forsett, 25 from Lacy, and 14 each from Colston and Steve Smith.Dilwuff could have scored more with Crowell and Manning in his lineup, but it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.Dilwuff falls to 6-6 and Bandit moves up to 6-5-1.

Joe takes back control

Joe took over the outright lead in the Athos division again with his 87-64 win over the commish last week.Treff’s running backs are just absolutely killing him.He made a great call in starting Blount over Jonas Gray, but listened to the coaches who said that Ben Tate would have a role in the offense for Minnesota even though he never saw the field.Joe got a good game from Rodgers and a solid game from Trent Richardson (yes that guy) and Mohamed Sanu, but it also didn’t hurt to have the best kicker in the league last week with Cody Parkey’s 20.Joe moves to 8-4 and Treff falls to 4-7-1.

A Win for Canada

Barilko finally got a good game from Lesean Mccoy and it led to a win, go figure.Maybe if he had played like this all year Barilko could be fighting for the final playoff spot.Mccoy scored 19, Brady got 23, and he got solid games from Delanie Walker and the Rams D to pull out the win 96-76 despite as Fuzzy got disappointing games from his wide receivers with Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall only combining for 8 points.Barilko moves to 5-7 and Fuzzy falls to 7-5.

Lefty back on top

So after several weeks trying to catch back up to Ram, Lefty finally caught back up and took over the lead in the Aramis division with his 88-73 victory over the very unlucky Monkey.Lefty holds the tiebreaker over Ram due to his 4-0 division record.Lefty got solid games from Matt Ryan, Josh Gordon, and Adam Vinatieri and made a great call starting Anquan Boldin in the flex.Monkey got disappointing games from Reggie Wayne, and Deandre Hopkins, but nothing was as bad as the 9 Cutler scored against the hapless TampaBay defense.Lefty moves to 7-5 and Monkey falls to 1-11.

TKO keeps it going

Talk about a good time for a winning streak.Three weeks ago it looked as if TKO was destined for a trip to the B league next year, but after reeling off 3 straight wins TKO has climbed out of the bottom 2 and playing spoiler to some potential playoff teams, last week knocking off Ram 108-100.TKO needed 42 out of Brees in the Monday night game but only got 33.TKO got good games from Russell Wilson, Forte, and Mike Evans, but the difference was the Colts D outscoring the Broncos D 22-1.TKO moves to 5-7 and Ram falls to 7-5.

Notes from the A league

With the huge games from Tlance and Bandit, they took over the top two spots in points for this year with Fuzzy narrowly hanging on the A league breakdown lead.

Playoffs as of right now

#1 Joe 8-4 (has the tiebreaker over Tlance)
#2 Tlance 8-4
#3 Lefty 7-5 (has the tiebreaker over Ram for division)
#4 Sam 7-5 (ESPN has him listed as #4 and the only thing I can come up with is that he has a better division record at 3-1 than Ram 2-2 and Fuzzy 2-2 even though Fuzzy has more points.Once again no idea why division record is used to break the tie between teams not in the same division)

Outside looking in but still have a shot:

#5 Ram 7-5 (no idea why he is ahead of Fuzzy your guess is as good as mine)
#6 Fuzzy 7-5
#7 Bandit 6-5-1
#8 Wilduff 6-6
#9 TKO 5-7 (must win and have Bandit, Sam, Ram, and Fuzzy lose this week to stay alive)
#10 Barilko 5-7 (ditto)

Officially Eliminated

#11 Treff 4-7-1
#12 Monkey 1-11

Scenarios this week

Ram plays Lefty and if Lefty wins, he wins the Aramis division because even if Ram won next week and Lefty lost, Lefty’s division record would still be better than Ram’s, so Ram must win to keep his division hopes alive.

TKO plays Monkey and TKO must win and have a whole lot of teams lose to stay alive.

Treff plays Fuzzy and Fuzzy need to win to keep his division hopes alive since he gets to play Joe in the last week of the season. Treff is trying to play spoiler and boost his power ranking to avoid the B league.

Joe plays Barilko. Barilko needs to win and have a lot of people lose to stay alive. Joe is in good shape either way, but he will win the division with a win and a Fuzzy loss.

Tlance plays Bandit in the battle of the two highest scores last week.Bandit must win to keep his playoff hopes alive. Tlance will be in good shape either way also, but he will win the division if he wins and Sam loses.

Sam plays Wilduff.Wilduff must win to keep his playoff hopes alive.Sam will be alive either way, but a win would greatly help his chances.

Now that we are out of games against other divisions, here are the records for the A league divisions:

The Athos division was 16-15-1 led by Joe and Fuzzy at 5-3 each
The Porthos division was 19-12-1 led by Tlance and Wilduff’s 6-2 records
The Aramis division was 12-20 led by Ram’s 5-3 record.

The A league has clinched the points win for the season with a 182 point lead going into the last two weeks barring a Footlike miracle.

The two teams falling into the depths of the B league right now would be:

Monkey (3 power ranking)
Treff (6 power ranking)
TKO (9.5 power ranking)

Good luck to everyone this week and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving of football, turkey, football, pumpkin pie, and football.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here are your standings (apparently this was too long to put all in one post)

MBBRL_Week_12.jpg

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry TKO.. hopefully you understand, but I'll be rooting hard against every one of your guys the next two weeks. :suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood and reciprocated! ;)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write-up Bandit. I liked the Barbarians write-ups better. Ok, maybe just Foot's comeback.

Playoffs as of right now

#1 Joe 8-4
#2 Tlance 8-4
#3 Lefty 7-5
#4 Sam 7-5

Outside looking in but still have a shot:

#5 Ram 7-5
#6 Fuzzy 7-5
#7 Bandit 6-5-1
#8 Wilduff 6-6
#9 TKO 5-7
#10 Barilko 5-7

Officially Eliminated

#11 Treff 4-7-1
#12 Monkey 1-11

I know nothing's official yet with two weeks left, but it made me think of the ESPN grades after our draft:

...her'es the ESPN grades.
Sammy =A+
Fuzzy = A
Dilwuffwhite= A-
Lefty= B+
Bandit= B (like father like son I guess)
Treff = B
MOnkey= C+
Joe = C
Ram = C
Tlance = C-
Barilko= D-
TKo = F..sorry Bra

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..when 4 of your top 5 picks are monumental busts- Ball, Martin, Stafford, VD- and the fifth severely under performed for 8 weeks...a great looking draft turns to a steaming pile of dung real fast

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Thanksgiving guys! Most of you know this is my busy time so I haven't been able to post much. Congrats on exploiting my D Tlance...........hoping fo a chance at revenge in a couple weeks!

#teamwenttoshitsinceitradedforsett

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know if Treff started him in his crazy-bonus-for-long-TDs league.

Somehow I missed this post..found while going back checking on pickem's...

no..I pulled a Monkey..picked him up..left him on the bench for McCoy and Jennings..58 points..thankfully I won' going away regardless because I did start the "catch heard around the world", along with a few others that had some long ones.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wk 12 Joestradamus picks

3-3 was again pretty popular, Joe, Bandit, TKO, and even the newcomer Barilko hit 3-3. Fuzzy and Tlance take the cake this week at 4-2, and I (once again) bring up the ass end of the deal at 1-5. Had I not picked against myself I would've been 0-fer. this season just sucks..lol

Fuzzy 46-26
Tlance 44-28
Bandit 42-30
Sam 31-23
Treff 33-37
Joe 27-39
Barilko- I know you had a week or two to start the season, but I just cant' find the fortitude to go back and find how you did, and I had stopped keeping track..so your reset at 3-3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff's wk 12 pickem

Barilko over JOe-Brady bests Rodgers in this one, and without the Rodgers edge, Bar's got it.

Ram over Lefty-I like the pluck behind a couple of LEfty's decisions, (Newton and Herron) but I don't think they payoff.

TKO over Monkey-even though I have to hope and pray that TKO scores no more than say 30..realistically Big Ben should be set to blow up coming off the bye.

Fuzzy over Treff-no one in thier right mind can pick me to win this game

Tlance over Bandit- ROmo comes up huge, Manning does not.

WillDUff over Sam-I want to pick SAm, but just can't side with a Trannyhill led team.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12 recap
and I (once again) bring up the ass end of the deal at 1-5. Had I not picked against myself I would've been 0-fer. this season just sucks..lol

Based on this, for week 13...
Barilko over JOe-Brady bests Rodgers in this one, and without the Rodgers edge, Bar's got it.

So reading between the lines, I should be happy that Treff went against me? Thanks. I think. We'll see.
Maybe you should employ the "Opposite George" theory?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12 recap

Based on this, for week 13...

So reading between the lines, I should be happy that Treff went against me? Thanks. I think. We'll see.
Maybe you should employ the "Opposite George" theory?

Maybe A theory. . Any theory. . Would be a good idea. .cuz whatever I'm doing. .. it ain't working

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samsung over Willow
Ramstein over Leftone
Bandito over Tlancealot
TKOno over Monkey see monkey doo
Joe Blow from Idaho over Sgt. Bilko
Fuzzilicious over Treffasaurus Rex

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam's drinking earlier and earlier I see. Makes for a creative and funny read.

Chicago Joe over Montreal Bar
Idaho Sam over Honorary Cleveland WilDuffBeast
Virginia tlance over Cockeysville Bandit
Baltimore Lefty over Somewhereville Ram
Scotia TKO over Gateway Monkey
Denver Fuzzies over Colorado Treff