• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy. I was gonna offer that exact offer. RW has the Cards and Niners twice each coming up. Ben might come in handy vs NO and @ Atl.

Good luck

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy. I was gonna offer that exact offer. RW has the Cards and Niners twice each coming up. Ben might come in handy vs NO and @ Atl.

Good luck

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay while were at it. I'm working on the recap and what is the seeding tiebreaker for division champs. Right now Joe, Ram, and Sam all lead their divisions at 7-4. I know you always break the division tiebreakers first to get your division leaders and then move on to the wild card, but if there is a 3 way tie for best record, does head-to-head still apply or does it go straight to points? Head-to-head between those 3 is Ram (2-0) Joe (1-1) Sam (0-2) but points would go Joe (1102), Sam (1089), Ram (1062). Which one of these fine gentleman do I give the #1 seed to? Same thing if there is a three way tie for the wild card, does head-to-head still apply or does it go to points?

Standard and Prize-Eligible League Playoffs: Playoff Seeding and Tie-Breakers
In the event that two or more teams have identical won-loss records at the conclusion of the Fantasy Football regular season, the following tiebreaking system is employed.

Overall points-for
Head-to-Head record
Division record
Overall points-against
Coin Flip
NOTE: The Overall record is based on winning percentage. Therefore, a team that is 8-5-0 and a team that is 7-4-2 have the same winning percentage, and thus would be considered tied for overall record

I do think other than our relegation and very slight tweaks to defensive scoring. We're following the default setup through ESPN as above. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Anyone can also check these out if you'd like to read them yourselves here: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/content?name=regular-season-and-playoffs-standard

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 11 Recap

I'm just going to give a quick recap of each game and then get into playoff scenarios and notes for each league.

A league

Monkey gets his first win over Bandit 96-80. Great job of never giving up and continuing to make moves to put your best team on the field, you should be applauded Monkey. Monkey now 1-10, Bandit 5-5-1.

Joe over Tlance 92-75. Game of titans was game of disappointments, Joe got almost all his points from Aaron Rodgers and Leveon Bell. Joe 7-4, Tlance 7-4.

TKO over Treff 118-62. So, TKO is warmed up now, can we start the season? TKO comes out of nowhere to score the most points in both leagues and the only A leaguer to reach triple digits 118-62. TKO 4-7, Treff 4-6-1. Treff fighting to not be the commissioner of the B league next year.

Fuzzy over Lefty 96-84. Consistent game from Fuzzy although depending on the Julius Thomas injury he could be hurting since it looks like he's going to be losing Ahmad Bradshaw also. Fuzzy 7-4, Lefty 6-5.

Barilko over Sam 77-76. Closest game of the week and Barilko got 15 out of Antonio Brown on Monday night to pull it out. Sam's defense showed up again, but his offense did not. Barilko 4-7, Sam 7-4.

Dilwuff over Ram 84-65. Dilwuff just keeps rolling and Ram had a lot of disappointments and injuries as he could have lost 3 starters in one week (Emmanuel Sanders, Dwayne Allen, Brandin Cooks). Dilwuff 6-5, Ram 7-4.

Notes from the A league

What a freaking comeback. Dilwuff has screamed back from the edge of the B league to the cusp of a playoff birth now in 6th place and riding a 5 game winning streak.

Fuzzy still holds the breakdown and points leads, but can't get the lead in his own division and because of Micro's horrible week in the B league Fuzzy has now taken over the coveted MBBRL wide breakdown lead by percentage points.

So, which good team is going to get screwed out of the playoffs?

Parity is the official slogan of the A league this year as 7 teams are above .500 and fighting for the 4 playoff spots. The division games are going to decide everything. Right now your four playoff teams would be:

#1 Joe 7-4 (1102 points, checking to make sure with Treff and Wil, but I'm assuming if there is a three way tie for best record the tiebreaker of head-to-head no longer applies and would come down to points)
#2 Sam 7-4 (1089 points)
#3 Ram 7-4 (1062 points, but if the 3 way tiebreaker is still head-to-head then Ram would be the one seed based on beating both Joe and Sam head-to-head, Joe would be two, and Sam would be three)
#4 Fuzzy 7-4 (beat Tlance head-to-head)

Outside looking in:

#5 Tlance 7-4 (lost to Fuzzy head-to-head)
#6 Dilwuff 6-5 (beat Lefty head-to-head)
#7 Lefty 6-5 (lost to Dilwuff head-to-head)
#8 Bandit 5-5-1 (needs to win out and get help)
#9 Treff 4-6-1 (eliminated and hoping to avoid relegation)
#10 TKO 4-7 (eliminated and hoping to avoid relegation)
#11 Barilko 4-7 (eliminated and hoping to avoid relegation)
#12 Monkey 1-11 (eliminated and hoping to avoid relegation)

Race for Relegation

Monkey (3 power ranking)
TKO (6.5 power ranking)
Treff (10 power ranking)

Division Matchups this week

Fuzzy (7-4) v. Barilko (4-7) Barilko looks to play spoiler in the division
Joe (7-4) v. Treff (4-6-1) Treff looks to do the same.
Sam (7-4) v. Tlance (7-4) For the division lead. Sam won the first round.
Bandit (5-5-1) v. Dilwuff (6-5) Essentially an elimination game. Winner still has a shot.
Lefty (6-5) v. Monkey (1-10) Monkey look to play spoiler
Ram (7-4) v. TKO (4-7) TKO looks to do the same.

Here are the standings, I'll get to the B league scenarios a little later.

MBBRL_WEEK_11.jpg

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think other than our relegation and very slight tweaks to defensive scoring. We're following the default setup through ESPN as above. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Anyone can also check these out if you'd like to read them yourselves here: Regular Season and Playoffs Schedule in Standard Leagues (Free and Prize Eligible) - Free Fantasy Football - ESPN

Well I know that's not right because that's not how the standings are reflected now because Fuzzy would be ahead of Joe since he has more points. The tiebreaker listed in the league settings is intra division record, but the 2nd tiebreaker must be head-to-head since both Joe and Fuzzy have 2-1 division records, but Joe beat Fuzzy head-to-head and Fuzzy has more points.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tie-breaker setting for playoffs in A & B is divisional record (which has after it head-to-head and then PF). This is under League > Settings > Playoff Bracket Setup.

(Treff, to see the details about those options, you have to edit the Playoff Bracket Setup and click the "?" next to playoff seeding tiebreaker.) For our case it's:

If Intra Division Record is selected, H2H Record, Total Points For, and Total Points Against will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

As to relegation (this is probably posted a hundred pages back somewhere but it doesn't hurt to post it again):

Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker. (And if it's still a tie, use one of the playoff challenge contests to decide it.)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes the "?".. figures

Emblematic of everything football-related this year... although usually preceded by "wtf"

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tie-breaker setting for playoffs in A & B is divisional record (which has after it head-to-head and then PF). This is under League > Settings > Playoff Bracket Setup.

(Treff, to see the details about those options, you have to edit the Playoff Bracket Setup and click the "?" next to playoff seeding tiebreaker.) For our case it's:

As to relegation (this is probably posted a hundred pages back somewhere but it doesn't hurt to post it again):

Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker. (And if it's still a tie, use one of the playoff challenge contests to decide it.)

Okay I got it. Now that still doesn't help me for the tiebreaker if there is a three way tie for the #1 seed across 3 different divisions. I have a feeling that it's never happened before and it still might not, but if ever there was a year that it could happen, it's this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Joe. I am glad that one of us got over 90

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that still doesn't help me for the tiebreaker if there is a three way tie for the #1 seed across 3 different divisions. I have a feeling that it's never happened before and it still might not, but if ever there was a year that it could happen, it's this year.

It would only affect who gets to face the WC team, but I'm sure the same criteria apply except division record. For H2H, it would be how you fared against the other two.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck

For those who are interested; Fuzzy trades Roethlisberger to TKO for Sankey. I sent out about four offers this AM looking for a warm body to slide in at RB.
RBs have been an issue for me all year. Drafted Sankey, dropped him and now am happy to trade for him. Good receivers and QB but Bradshaw is just last in the line of RBs that have gotten hurt or were replaced.

Good luck to TKO with Big Ben.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will, Bandit.. I'll take a deeper look at it tonight as well, just to dammed difficult too go through all that in the phone

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 11 Recap

Same as the A league, quick recap for the week and then on to the playoff scenarios.

Smitty over TK 84-62. TK got 44 from his QB, D/ST, K and 18 from his 6 other spots. Smitty had 37 from his Bears and then enough from everybody else. Smitty 9-2, TK 3-8.

Haroldseattle over OBX 113-103. Two of the three 100 point scorers in the entire MBBRL this week were in this game with Harold getting 23 from Luck, 22 from Lacy, and 31 from his Philly WR's. OBX took the hardluck loss and Stafford has just killed him this year. Harold 4-7, OBX 3-8.

BK over Steelers 91-71. BK got 34 from Rodgers and 16 from Emmanuel Sanders, but he could be in trouble with Bradshaw, Sanders, and Cooks all on his roster and getting hurt. BK 5-6, Steelers 3-8.

Chef over Micro 90-63. Micro is human after all. Micro got disappointments across the board and trading for Peterson might come back to bite him. Chef got good games from Brady, Hill, Nelson, and Roddy White. Chef 8-3, Micro 8-3.

Milk over Foot 84-61. Milk got 26 out of Wilson, 13 out of Gronk & 11 out of the Bills D. For Foot Brees and Mike Evans combined for 48 points and the other 7 spots got him 13 total. Ouch!! Milk 7-4, Foot 6-5.

Cheesehead over Shady 96-78. Cheesehead got 29 from Cutler & 27 from Bell on his way to the win. Shady got killed by Foster not playing. Cheesehead 5-6, Shady 5-6.

Notes from the B league

Micro had a mini-collapse, but he is still holding on to the breakdown lead and the guaranteed spot in the A league next year, but now his lead is down to 1 game over Chef and there are a lot more teams that have a shot at the breakdown title:

#1 Micro 75-46
#2 Chef 74-47
#3 BK 72-46 (wouldn't be interesting if the breakdown champ doesn't even make the playoffs)
#4 Smitty 69-49-3
#5 Shady 69-49-3

Smitty is still the one to catch. Your playoffs in the B league didn't really clear up any last week although the loss by Foot hurt him the most. While Smitty technically hasn't clinched the first playoff spot in either league, the only way he doesn't make the playoffs is if he loses his 3 remaining games and Foot wins all 3 of his. Right now your playoff teams are:

#1 Smitty 9-2
#2 Micro 8-3
#3 Milk 7-4
#4 Chef 8-3

Wow that was so much easier than the A league. I don't even have to explain any tiebreakers.

Outside looking in:

#5 Foot 6-5 Can still win the division if he can get into a tie with Micro since he has the tiebreaker and can still catch Chef for the wild card.
#6 Cheesehead 5-6 (1076 points) Still has a chance at the division title but he would have to win all 3 of his division games and Milk would have to lose all 3 because if Milk wins 1 he will have a better division record even if they end up tied.

#7 BK 5-6 (1064 points) Has to win all 3 division games and Chef has to lose all 3.

#8 Shady 5-6 (1062 points) Has to win all 3 division games and Chef has to lose all 3.

#9 Haroldseattle 4-7 Out of the wild card but technically could still win the division is Milk loses all 3 games and he wins all three games.

#10 OBX 3-8 (957 points) Out of the hunt, just trying to avoid the bottom 2

#11 Steelers 3-8 (841 points) see OBX.

#12 TK 3-8 (829 points) see both above.

The two teams winning a trip to the middle book of The Divine Comedy are:

Tk (4 power ranking)
Steelers (6 power ranking)
OBX (9 power ranking)

This week's division matchups:

Smitty (9-2) v. Chef (8-3) Biggest matchup of the B league all season. Chef must win to keep his division hopes alive. Smitty clinches the division with a win.

Shady (5-6) v. BK (5-6) Elimination game. Only one team's hopes will stay alive after this week.

Milk (7-4) v. Haroldseattle (4-7) If Milk wins this game he clinches the division. Harold must win to stay alive.

Cheesehead (5-6) v. TK (3-8) Cheesehead must win to keep his playoff hopes alive. TK is playing out the stretch.

Micro (8-3) v. Foot (6-5) If Micro wins he clinches the division. Foot must win to keep his hopes alive.

OBX (3-8) v. Steelers (3-8) Winner gets a 4-8 record and the loser doesn't.

The A league has outscored the B league by 204 points on the season at this point so I think it's safe to say they aren't going to make up over 100 points a week for the next 3 weeks.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That OBX v. Steelers game might decide who stays off the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission List.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That OBX v. Steelers game might decide who stays off the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission List.

OBX should have this one IMO. Steelers Pride just waited to long to cut the cord from the non performing studs and seem to pick the wrong QB to start , more often then not. Also his best QB is on a bye. Some tough luck for Pride, mix in with holding out for the right trade to the bitter end.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work Bandit. .you da man.

As for the playoff seeding stuff. .I see it now, what Will said :suds:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBX should have this one IMO. Steelers Pride just waited to long to cut the cord from the non performing studs and seem to pick the wrong QB to start , more often then not. Also his best QB is on a bye. Some tough luck for Pride, mix in with holding out for the right trade to the bitter end.

It's not bad enough you had to beat my score, but now you want to jinx me too.:noidea:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure how I ended up with a win!
Now I feel bad for making it tougher on Bandit to get into playoffs, after he's put all the work in with the write-ups and such this season. Even though my posting time has been limited, I've still been reading.

Now I get to face off with 6-5 Lefty's - Sam was the only other one to face the father-son duo in back-to-back weeks, beating Bandit 78-73, which would have been a tie if Panthers DST would have scored 1pt, instead of negative 4.
Followed that up with a loss, 92-114 to Lefty.

Maybe I can make a little noise and knock some others out of the playoff hunt on my way to the B league!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snappy write-ups again by Bandit... but brilliant reference of the day goes to Duff.