• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram beats Barilko (Bar, your team as of this post looks like it is on 2-man PK.)

I'll be even strength shortly:yahoo:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering - in recent history with so much information on the internet and so many RBBC's have you or anyone you know of (in a competitive league) sweep through with a perfect record ??? I can't.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering - in recent history with so much information on the internet and so many RBBC's have you or anyone you know of (in a competitive league) sweep through with a perfect record ??? I can't.

I do think it is doable... But I have never seen it... I think it is just as likely as it is in real football...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it is doable... But I have never seen it... I think it is just as likely as it is in real football...

I imagine it is possible but very unlikely. Not only would you have to hit on most every player but you'd have to be tremendously 'lucky' with injuries, suspensions, etc. The closest I've seen is 14-2 (including playoffs). .....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine it is possible but very unlikely. Not only would you have to hit on most every player but you'd have to be tremendously 'lucky' with injuries, suspensions, etc. The closest I've seen is 14-2 (including playoffs). .....

Well fantasy is a lot of luck... to be 16 or 17-0 you must face some tough opponents at times they just are not that good...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost did it in my money league the year Brady to Moss set the league on fire. Went into the title game (wk17), at 16-0, I had Brady and TO.. who also had a great year that season, and my little sister of all people, beats me in the title game game with Tony Fricken Romo! .

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost did it in my money league the year Brady to Moss set the league on fire. Went into the title game (wk17), at 16-0, I had Brady and TO.. who also had a great year that season, and my little sister of all people, beats me in the title game game with Tony Fricken Romo! .

wasn't that the season the Patriots went 18-0 and lost to the Giants in the Superbowl... Are you a psychic??

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't that the season the Patriots went 18-0 and lost to the Giants in the Superbowl... Are you a psychic??

Oddly Brady was the only Pat. I had. . But it didn't take a genius to realize Moss with a great QB, while both are still in their primes, would make great things happen. Never thought they'd set records, but knew it would be great. Just wish I had done a few lineup things differently wk17.. If memory serves, I could've won with a couple swaps.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heck of a season none the less. ......

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-1 is amazing... it requires every-week consistency from your core players or crazy luck in terms of somebody blowing up every time another guy has a bad game.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One loss is as close as I've come. Obviously not in the MMBRL.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm going to do this in sections this week to avoid the maximum limit of characters I'm allowed to post. Here are the standings first. Then I will post a recap of the A league, then the B league. It's going to be awesome this week, so I will build up some anticipation this way.

The Barbarians trimmed the points lead to 107 with a good week last week.

Joe, Sam, and Chef are the only teams at 600 points which means they are the only teams averaging 100 points a week.

Teams moving up right now (2):

Super Bowl Champ and Breakdown leader. Right now breakdown leaders are:

Chef 42-24
Smitty 41-24-1
Milk 40-25-1
Micro 38-28

Teams relagated to the depths of the B league (2):

Monkey (3 power ranking)
Dilwuff (7.5 power ranking)
TKO (7.5 power ranking)

Teams relagated to the depths of oblivion (2):

OBX (3.5 power ranking)
HaroldSeattle (8 power ranking)
TK (11.5 power ranking)

MBBRL_WEEK_6.jpg

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One loss is as close as I've come. Obviously not in the MMBRL.

The best A-league record so far was champ DUB at 13-3 in the first year.

Treff still owns the worst A-League record, at 4-10 that year.

The last two years everybody won 5 and lost 5 regular-season matches - the other 4 matchups were the whole difference.

Monkey's already lost 6 this year - making a run at Treff's record.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

12-2 was my best and won the Superbowl
11-3 twice won Superbowl one of those years. The Superbowl year out of those 2 seasons I had the highest point total in league history.................that team was stacked.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy picks
Fuzz over TKO- K Allen and A Boldin do more than projected
Sloths over Badass- Joe has molded his team into a powerhouse.
Tlance over Lefty- Receivers push this one Tommy's way
Sam over Treff- RBs DeMarco, Foster and Oliver run to victory
Ram over Bar- and Ram still has some unused bullets on the bench

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more Fuzzy pick (premature enter)
Willduff over Monkey- Assuming Will or Duff makes some lineup changes.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey WuffDill...............just made you an offer..............feel free to counter, but Foster and Murray aren't going anywhere soon....................lol.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it:

WEEK 6 KEEPERS RECAP IN FAIRYTALE STYLE

A Tale of Two Seasons

Once upon a time there was a matchup that seemed overwhelming on paper. How could David possibly slay Goliath with just a slingshot and a rock. Well, we all know how that turned out in the end. In the A league last week we had our own version of David v. Goliath, only Monkey's slingshot malfunctioned and Sam trampled him to death. Sam scored the most points in a single week for the season with 143 and Monkey put up the lowest score in both leagues with a 47. The 96 point margin of victory is by far the biggest this year. Sam you're just a bully crushing the little guy like that, you should be ashamed of yourself. Sam moved to 5-1 and Monkey fell to 0-6. Sam also took over the power rankings lead of the A league and now has the best record in the league alone.

Kiss Your Sister Much

Once upon a time there was a great man who did wonderful things for everyone around him. He stole the hearts of everyone he met because he was so great and everyone referred to him as a Bandit because of that. There was also an evil man so overcome by the darkness inside that he would stop at nothing to defeat all that is good in the world, even if it meant waving his magic wand to get a pick 6 from the 49ers defense with 50 seconds left in a game. But just when it looked like evil would triumph, the good garbage time fairy stepped in and made Austin Davis throw for some yards that meant nothing except taking two points away from the evil Treff and leaving him tied with the kind Bandit moving Bandit to 4-1-1 and Treff to 3-2-1. On a side note, Joe must have made a deal with the devil to predict this tie. Way to go Joe.

What a difference 4 weeks makes

Once upon a time there was a defending champion so down on his luck that after starting the season 0-2 he was destined to be banished the doldrums of the B league with his head hung in shame. Then something happened to him, one day before week 3 he was walking along the forest and was stopped by a troll who told him to pick his head up because he was the defending champion and he needed to start acting like it. Four weeks later, Tlance moved to 4-2 at the expense of TKO of trade winning 91-78 even though he needs to go back to that troll and ask him if he can play quarterback for him. TKO falls to 1-5.

Can't catch a break

Once upon a time there was a two headed monster that reaped fear across all of the land. One head had a mop top haircut and a guitar in his hand, the other said "Doh" and held a beer in it's hand. This two headed monster had been trying for weeks to scare his friend the sloth, but no matter how much he improved his scaring, the sloth just slept right through every scare. Finally on Sunday the two headed monster mustered up it's greatest scare of the season with 114 points, but alas the sloth still withstood this greatest effort and slept right through with 126 points of his own leaving the monster most disappointed. The sloth sleeps his way to 4-2 and the two headed monster falls to 1-5.

Another Barn Burner

Once upon a time there was a man who hailed from a place in the far north where they watch people skate around with sticks and beat each other up for sport. He traveled a long way to match up with a man that all the sudden can do nothing right. We will call him Alexander Lefty who has had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad couple of weeks. The man from up north tried his hardest to change Alexander Lefty's luck by starting a lineup that could only muster 66 points. He might as well have started Tomas Plekanec at kicker since he had as many points as Josh Brown did. But no matter what the man from the north did, Alexander Lefty could only muster 59 points and his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad defense put up negative points again. Alexander Lefty falls to 4-2 and the man from the north rises to 2-4.

Got to Love Those Bye Week Quarterbacks

Once upon a time there was a Ram and this Ram was very tough. He didn't let anybody push him around, especially anything that is yellow and fuzzy. One day Ram and yellow fuzzy were frollicking through a meadow and a vision came upon them. The vision wore a Ravens uniform and told Ram that he knew Ram needed a quarterback and he was going to throw for 4 touchdowns in the first quarter of his game this week. The yellow fuzzy told Ram that they were crazy and there was no way that quarterback would ever throw 4 touchdowns in a game much less a quarter. Now Ram wasn't stupid and he knew that this vision was crazy because nobody had ever thrown for 4 touchdowns in the first quarter, so he went to sleep that night ignoring the vision. However, when he woke up in the morning he was greeted by a baby kangeroo wearing a flak jacket. He took this as a sign and put Joey Flacco on his roster and the vision he saw came true. Ram swatted the yellow fuzzy 115-92 proving him wrong and improving his record to 4-2 and dropping Fuzzy to 3-3.

Notes from the A league

The divisions are tight with Joe holding a one game lead over Treff in the Athos, Sam holding a half game lead over Bandit in the Porthos, and Lefty tied with Ram in the Aramis divisions.

Joe has the points and breakdown lead, but Sam has the best record.

Joe (97-40-1) has an 11.5 game breakdown lead in the MBBRL wide breakdown ahead of Chef (86-52).

Everybody remember in pre-season when Joe was worried about relegation? Seems like a very long time ago.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEK 6 BARBARIANS RECAP IN FAIRYTALE STYLE

Top Chef

Once upon a time there was a master chef and he cooked the food for all the people in the entire kingdom. His food was so delicious that even the Olsen twins were overweight in his world. One day he was cooking for the kingdom and a man came up to him and said that he wasn't satisfied with the food that he was served. The chef was taken aback because nobody had ever disliked his food before and he apologized greatly and offered to make the man more food, but the man spit that food out also and vowed to put a voodoo hex on everything the chef did from that day on. Fortunately for the chef it turned out that the man knew as much about voodoo as he did about the taste of food and the chef sautéed him 123-74 moving Chef to 5-1 and dropping OBX to 1-5.

Clash of the Titans

Once upon a time there was a man name Smitty,
Whose team was good and not very shitty,
He jumped off to a great start on the season,
Rivers, Forte, & Hilton were the reason,
He met up with a man they call Micro,
Whose team is so good he could even beat Joe!
He makes good decisions and had a great draft,
Manning and Thomas helped him master his craft.
An epic battle was waged and Micro went down,
Smitty reigns supreme and now wears the crown.

Smitty moves to 5-1 and Micro falls to 4-2.

Milk it does a body good

Once upon a time there was a man that was very boastful. In fact, he was so boastful that he added "the best" after his name. He went around town belittling people and telling them how much better he was than they were. The townspeople grew tired of his endless boasting and sought the help of an outsider. They found their savior in a white liquid substance used to coat the throat and stomach. They tricked the boastful man into drinking the substance and it tasted so delicious and coated his throat and he could no longer boast to anyone and he was defeated 108-76. All of the townspeople rejoiced and the white liquid substance moved to 5-1 while the boastful man fell to 2-4.

The Real Shady has Stood up

Once upon a time there was a catastrophic ray of light that was destroying a city in the pacific northwest. The light was so bright that nobody in the town could function and it was ruining their lives. The light was even making the rain (it rained like every day) less bearable. The man in charge had abandoned the city a long time ago making poor decisions and even leaving players in their lineup that were hurt or on bye. Along came a man of substance to cast a shadow over the blinding ray of light. This man took over and shaded the entire city and they all lived happily ever after as Shady took down Haroldseattle 122-84 moving his record to 2-4 with Haroldseattle falling to 1-5.

DeMarco DePolo

There once was a man who couldn't hold on to his ball. No matter what he did the ball always eluded him. He would grab it, but then shortly thereafter he would drop it on the ground and somebody else would pick it up, and to make matters worse, he would always hurt himself while trying to hold on to the ball. A wise man with dairy products for a head took a chance on this man and now he runs so fast and so far that nobody notices how often he drops the ball anymore. And now that wise man with dairy products for a head reaps the benefits of the chance he took and defeated the lover of black and gold 114-77 moving his record to 2-4 and dropping the black and gold to 3-3.

The Foot is mightier than the storm

There once was a man who stomped on everything and everybody that he saw. He did this so often that people just started to refer to him as the foot. One day the foot was riding in his footmobile and drove past a billboard that said "Derek's Cars, Come by and we will give you a quarter back for each car you test drive." He thought, hey that sounds like a great idea. And the rest is history. The foot and Derek's Cars stomped on TK's storm 85-69 moving foot to 4-2 and dropping TK to 2-4.

Notes from the B league

Chef, Smitty, and Milk are all 5-1 with Chef and Smitty tied for the lead in the Visogoths division, Milk leading the Ostrogoths division, and Micro is a strong 4-2 leading the Huns division but 2nd in points.

Milk already has a 3 game lead in the Ostrogoths division although Cheesehead has been coming on strong.

Chef took over the coveted breakdown lead at 42-24 but Smitty and Milk are right behind him.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:martini: