• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, that 1st plus Harris wasn't offered, but proposed by Joe, correct? I think Najee has the stars aligned for him this year.

I'm still kinda diggin' that second offer. Hubbard at least proved he's on a Singletary level and Brooks is not a sure thing.

I get the space thing, but those two plus a second for Pacheco is not a bad offer.
Its an interesting perspective. Part of me does not buy into Hubbard merely based on the drafting of the best RB prospect.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an interesting perspective. Part of me does not buy into Hubbard merely based on the drafting of the best RB prospect.

thats also the thing... it doesnt matter what we think... it only matters what the two people involved in the trade think...

being correct is irrelevant... making a trade or not making a trade is all about how comfortable you are...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of a side here...

but has anyone here ever made a trade solely because the "experts" or the algorithm said it was a good trade??

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats also the thing... it doesnt matter what we think... it only matters what the two people involved in the trade think...

being correct is irrelevant... making a trade or not making a trade is all about how comfortable you are...
Make me that offer in D2 again.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly get that and it could also put Hubbard squarely into the Singletary category.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I'm happy that Motor finally gets his chance with the GMen this year after he proved himself a capable starter with the Texans.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly get that and it could also put Hubbard squarely into the Singletary category.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I'm happy that Motor finally gets his chance with the GMen this year after he proved himself a capable starter with the Texans.

it is assumed that brooks wont miss time in the beginning of the season... not by me... i think he will start the season on IR...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is assumed that brooks wont miss time in the beginning of the season... not by me... i think he will start the season on IR...
You're racking up the cake today.

I agree, I don't think he'll be ready and when he is, they'll baby him. In the meantime, if Hubbard has any sense he'll realize he's got this amazing opportunity to show what he can do. At least until around midseason or so.

If he squanders it or just shows that he's not at that level, than so be it.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're racking up the cake today.

I agree, I don't think he'll be ready and when he is, they'll baby him. In the meantime, if Hubbard has any sense he'll realize he's got this amazing opportunity to show what he can do. At least until around midseason or so.

If he squanders it or just shows that he's not at that level, than so be it.

In the particular trade we're discussing, let's say Joe accepts the original offer. Hubbard could show out in this limited opportunity but still never make it off Joe's bench behind Henry, Stevenson, Najee, Singletary, and Spears

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the particular trade we're discussing, let's say Joe accepts the original offer. Hubbard could show out in this limited opportunity but still never make it off Joe's bench behind Henry, Stevenson, Najee, Singletary, and Spears

Yea. Trading for a short term player when you have nowhere to put him in the short term is a major no no for me.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea. Trading for a short term player when you have nowhere to put him in the short term is a major no no for me.
Yeah, I get it, although I'm of the mind that you can never have enough RBs, especially the way things are going these days.

That said, @averagejoe, let us know if you make that other deal.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I sat out last year. I am around if you need someone to take a team. I am also around if someone is in and can't make the draft for whatever reason.