• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon on verge of signing with Denver

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall talking smack but nobody has the other missing factor I am looking for.

Speaking of Sharper. Darren Sharper was a rookie on the Packers the year we beat then in the Super Bowl. He is now in prison.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay - let me humble myself publicly so you can get over it. What is your answer?

Nothing- I just wanted to get you riled up.

Ok, kidding!

Does anyone remember when Robinson was on the Packers and early in the second half he was caught on camera telling teammates, "This team isn't better than us, they aren't even very good - let's punch them in the mouth", it was all downhill from there for his Packers.

The prostitution was the big one though.. He also got torched by Rod Smith and had won man of the year prior to his arrest before the Super Bowl.

He was also like the only player on the Seahawks that did well against John Elway when I was a kid watching lopsided Seahawks/Broncos game. (Seattle did get them a few times)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Ray Buchanan trivia time.

What was he famous for?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst moment prior to a Super Bowl game though???

Raiders C Barrett Robins!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wymon Henderson says hi.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like in that article how Gordon talks about how he wished he wouldn’t have held out. Not many people will openly admit that. Gordon has always been a a solid citizen. Good player and good person. I’m very excited to see him and Lindsay do damage. This is essential when playing a team like the Chiefs. Control the clock. Keep KC offense off the field.Denver isn’t gonna win track like matchups this year.

The risk that comes with holding out especially at the RB position in the NFL these days usually does not end well for the player. He had a bigger offer on the table from the Chargers than what he took with the Broncos. Unfortunate for him but a blessing for us.

Also really hate for a lot of these older veterans how much this virus changed Free Agency for them. Wolfe, Harris, and Harris all ended up taking lower deals than anyone expected and I think a big part of that is not being able to meet with teams and the team being able to have their doctors get a good look.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The risk that comes with holding out especially at the RB position in the NFL these days usually does not end well for the player. He had a bigger offer on the table from the Chargers than what he took with the Broncos. Unfortunate for him but a blessing for us.

Also really hate for a lot of these older veterans how much this virus changed Free Agency for them. Wolfe, Harris, and Harris all ended up taking lower deals than anyone expected and I think a big part of that is not being able to meet with teams and the team being able to have their doctors get a good look.

Yes- Probably not a bad year to take a one year deal and gamble on yourself again if you don’t get that big contract.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking about RB tandems and I would put the Browns RB room above that of the Broncos.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN, one stat comparison that no one apparently made in this thread may very well explain why we grabbed Gordon:

“Even with a sluggish start to his season after a contract holdout, Gordon converted 60% of his third-down rushes into first downs overall. Lindsey converted 20% of his third-down chances.”

This was One of the things Elway and Fangio very much needed to improve in our offense as well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We sorta covered it. Just without the stats you provided. :thumb::thumb: