• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meanwhile Goff with Detroit....

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a good spot to point out that twice this year on 4th down Goff has thrown the ball away........
Don't forget the check down to under 5 yards on a defense offsides free play. The guy has literally zero situational awareness. Even more than Stafford doing well, just how bad Goff plays is making me more and more amazed by McVeigh.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy, I get to watch Stafford on a good team, and I am loving it. Lions are at least 3 years from competing, so Goff is serving the greater good by being terrible.

hot-fuzz-greater-good.gif

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they will be good as Holmes is working feverishly to remove the decades of losing mentality. Campbell may not be the right guy yet but the winning will come because you have so many influences from McVay and company that the result will be much different in 3-5 years. I know this because three franchises run by McVay disciples (Lafleur in GB, Taylor in Cincy, and Staley with the Chargers) are all doing way better than five years ago. Hang in there dude!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is a good scapegoat isn't he?

Goff didn't give up 4 rushing TD's nor 350 yards in total offensive this week did he?

He did provide most of the offensive yards yesterday or is that just missed in the scape goatism?

Make no mistake, I'm not saying Goff is a would be future HOF in the wrong circumstance, but he is also not the savior of a franchise looking for a messiah.

The Lions are just a mess right now, and anyone with an ounce of self awareness understands that a 2X Pro Bowl QB shipped off with little in return cannot be the sole culprit nor the sole cause of the situation the Lions are faced with in the 2021 season.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is a good scapegoat isn't he?

Goff didn't give up 4 rushing TD's nor 350 yards in total offensive this week did he?

He did provide most of the offensive yards yesterday or is that just missed in the scape goatism?

Make no mistake, I'm not saying Goff is a future HOF in the wrong circumstance, but he is also not the savior of a franchise looking for a messiah.

The Lions are just a mess right now, and anyone with an ounce of self awareness understands that a 2X Pro Bowl QB shipped off with little in return cannot be the sole culprit nor the sole cause of the situation the Lions are faced with in the 2021 season.
Goff is not a scapegoat, the Lions absolutely have the least talented team in the NFL.......Goff is just a key part of that. His talent level fits right in with the rest of the team. Pointing out his many many flaws does not mean that he is the only issue, plenty of threads out there talking about all of the other issues the Lions have.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is not a scapegoat, the Lions absolutely have the least talented team in the NFL.......Goff is just a key part of that. His talent level fits right in with the rest of the team. Pointing out his many many flaws does not mean that he is the only issue, plenty of threads out there talking about all of the other issues the Lions have.
Well done @Mebert, just not any of those theads on the Ram's board...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no one ever will conflate the term 'Elite' with 'Goff'.....

However, on the right team Goff IMO could play a solid role on a SB winning team, since we have seen much worse win it all. He did in fact get to the dance but had to face the likely HOF BB and the eventual HOF TB, amirite?

He can do well enough on a great team but needs a fair amount of balance, someone to go deep, and a fair amount of time on the regular to chuck the rock and a pretty good defense.

Without those circumstances, he is not your guy........ period.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of what Tannehill is now doing for the Titans, Vita.
I like the Titans, that running back is elite!

That's a twist I didn't include, but when Goff was a pro bowler, he did have an elite RB with TGIII, so maybe your are on to something.

The thing is TGIII was nowhere near elite in the SB, pathetic was more like it, and yet we were still in it in the 4 quarter.

I give all credit to be in that position in the 4th to Wade Phillips!

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, on the right team Goff IMO could play a solid role on a SB winning team, since we have seen much worse win it all. He did in fact get to the dance but had to face the likely HOF BB and the eventual HOF TB, amirite?

He can do well enough on a great team but needs the fair protection, someone to go deep, and a fair amount of time on the regular to chuck the rock. Without those circumstances, he is not your guy........ period.
The guy has thrown the ball away out of bounds twice in 8 games on 4th down. Thats a play that an INT wouldn't hurt you. Honestly just chucking the ball deep and getting intercepted results in a net positive. Throwing the ball away on 4th down has a 100% chance of turning the ball over. When the defense jumps offsides it's called a free play. You can literally take the results of the play OR just take a free five yards and keep the same down. Even if you fumble or get picked... It's a free play. Goff has checked down a pass behind the LOS.

This guy could not even Dilfer his way to a title. Trust me as a Lions fan I have seen plenty of bad QB's and this guy is bad.

The Lions were losing with Stafford though, Goff isn't the reason they're losing. He's not a scapegoat, he's not even the biggest piece of them losing. But he's a bad QB.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can do well enough on a great team but needs a fair amount of balance, someone to go deep, and a fair amount of time on the regular to chuck the rock and a pretty good defense.

Without those circumstances, he is not your guy........ period.
I am not so sure. I think he has the arm talent for sure, but he is always way too quick to go to a check down, and his lapses from lack of situational awareness are amusing when on a team a bad as the Lions. I think they are game killers for a team that is competing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Titans, that running back is elite!
I assuming you are referring to Henry, Vita. Henry is done for the year. The Titans put him on the IR, he is going to have foot surgery, and they signed Adrian Petersen to take his place. WE get to face Petersen Sunday night.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the fact Goff isn't nearly as talented as Staff, Goff is soft. Staff definitely is not. Staff hasn't changed nor improved. This is just who he is with a decent team around him. I wish you guys and him good luck this season.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has thrown the ball away out of bounds twice in 8 games on 4th down. Thats a play that an INT wouldn't hurt you. Honestly just chucking the ball deep and getting intercepted results in a net positive. Throwing the ball away on 4th down has a 100% chance of turning the ball over. When the defense jumps offsides it's called a free play. You can literally take the results of the play OR just take a free five yards and keep the same down. Even if you fumble or get picked... It's a free play. Goff has checked down a pass behind the LOS.
So you've never seen a pick 6 thrown downfield? Shame on you! INT's are never the greater option, you know better!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure. I think he has the arm talent for sure, but he is always way too quick to go to a check down, and his lapses from lack of situational awareness are amusing when on a team a bad as the Lions. I think they are game killers for a team that is competing.
Great take, arm talent vs head talent for a QB is always the lessor convo, Goff will never be your flagship for QB head talent!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real douchebag has been exposed. Lions losing streak ends in a tie. Too Funny. And the Cards are getting shut-out by the Panthers. 17-0!!