• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meanwhile Goff with Detroit....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5
Stafford continues with the Rams in Seattle in the first half at Luman Field on Thursday Night Football as the Rams score a measly 3 points as the Rams drives go Punt, Punt, INT, FG, Punt & Kneel down. The defense did their part holding the Seahags to just a TD and getting an INT of their own vs the great Hags QB Wilson who may be on his way to a Golden Jacket when it's all said and done. The Rams trail by 4 points and for the second game in row, they trail at the half. Stafford looked bad, with under throws, and had a pass that worked well in his favor, if defensed well, would have been yet another under thrown INT but the drive lead to the FG.

Then the 2nd half started & the Rams Veteran QB's heated up! Still shakey a bit, and now with a dislocated digit on his throwing hand, leads his team to 3 TD out of the first 4 drives, and pretty damned good drives of 96, 82, and 73 yards. Meanwhile the Rams defense plays well enough as Wilson & company heats up a bit too, but Moore's defense forces drives to start the 2nd half of Punt, TD, FG & INT. And that's all that was needed as the Rams tack on another FG to put the game out of reach, and win 26-17 on the road.

Next up...

The 4-1 Rams, on a long week travel to New York City as huge 10 point favorites, to face the 1-4 Giants at MetLife Stadium on a Sunday morning. The Rams again can move back into first place in the Division with a win in NY this week. (With a little help from their original home town as Redbirds travel to face the Brownies) Or once again, they can find themselves down as much as 2 games by the end of Week 6. Stay Tuned!

Meanwhile Goff with Detroit.....
.... likely has his worst outing as a Lion, and yet by games end found himself with a 2nd shot this season at posting a 4th quarter comeback, however once again, to no avail. This time as hard, as hard as it is to believe, this could be a worse case scenario of a miss for Goff, and imagine that when his first 4th quarter come was lost on an NFL record breaking 56 yard FG! But I'm ahead of myself a bit, but that scenario had to be stated first and foremost!

The coaching in Detroit clearly continues to lose faith in Goff as their starting QB, indicative of them using him in the shotgun and dinking and dunking his way to a FG for a 3-0 lead over the 1-3 Vikings. The Lions defense holds and Goff is back in the shotgun, save one passing down, moves his team in scoring position, before Goff does more Goff things on the road in Minny. On 1st and 10 from the Vikes 23, Goff gets sacked, now on 2nd and 18 Goff is sacked again, but this time its a patent Goff sack strip, which leads to a Vikings FG, Vikings 6; Detroit 3. With what seems like little trust in their QB, on the next drive, the Lions punt in 5 plays throwing for one first down and one other pass on 3rd and long and short of the 1st down. The Lions defense on the next drive, gassed a bit and on their heels, gives up the TD and it looks like it's starting to slip away. Vikings 13; Detroit 3. But it's garbage time, end of the half, two minute drill, & prevent defense and Goff moves his team on 7 passes on 9 downs for 41 yards and a FG, Vikings 13; Detroit 6 to end the half.

To start the 2nd half the Lions defense is fired up and gets a 3 and out! But that doesn't stop Goff from doing Goff things.... The Lions, committed to the run, throw their 2nd pass of the half after moving the ball into scoring position and Goff does more Goff things throwing an INT on 2nd down at the Minny 15, but the Lions defense holds to a 3 and out. Now totally miffed with Goff, they commit to the run except on 3rd down, and Goff fails to convert and punt themselves and it's still Vikings 13; Detroit 6,

The Lions find themselves with good field position, and the defense steps up and gets an INT, but more dink and dunk, punts by both sides and the game is slipping away from the Lions ..... Vikings 13; Detroit 6. Finally with decent Field position, the Lions find themselves in another scoring opportunity at last, and make a FG to make it Vikings 13; Detroit 9. The Detroit defense steps up and gets a 3 down fumble and everyone in Minny is holding their faces! Goff takes over and in 3 plays goes 20 yards for the go ahead TD for a Detroit 17-16 lead with just 1:19 seconds left in the game, and things look good for the City of Detroit, but it's too much time and Kirk Cousins. Kirk moves his team 46 yards in 5 plays into Field Goal position, and his kicker gives him a 54 yard, as time runs out game winning Field Goal!

Next up...

The 0-5 Lions are at home to face the 3-2 Bengals, this could be the week, as this Lions are only a -3.5 under dog at home. They have been hanging tough but just haven't learned to close out games, that said, it's still an up hill battles and expect Cinci to be ready and come to play.
@Old Lion; @broncosmitty; @Wamu; @Mebert

What, no feedback???

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Collinsworth was drunk.

Made several mentions of Staff being inaccurate after hurting his finger. I thought he hit all but two passes.

Robert Woods got all the targets but thought it was a strong game.

Goff sucks. Even though he’s throwing to guys I’ve never heard of.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still hasn't won an NFL game without McVay.... Plus, they're saying the Lions management and coaching staff are VERY unhappy with him and his level of play...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen this refrain before and watched how Goff has gone downhill since 2018. His career is entering that window of also-ran and if this continues, Campbell is just crazy enough to bench his ass. Dude is just having a nightmare of year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a part of me that thinks that ONE of the reasons (besides the fact that he still is a crappy QB) Goff is playing so bad is he doesn't want any part of the Detroit Lions going forward. Play really bad long enough, ya get traded or cut in the NFL. He knows this and it is already happened to him once, why not do it again to get the hell out of Detroit??!!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a part of me that thinks that ONE of the reasons (besides the fact that he still is a crappy QB) Goff is playing so bad is he doesn't want any part of the Detroit Lions going forward. Play really bad long enough, ya get traded or cut in the NFL. He knows this and it is already happened to him once, why not do it again to get the hell out of Detroit??!!
At this point he probably pretty much knows his career as a starting QB is pretty much done, unless Carolina misses the boat on Watson or one of the other mediocre teams are willing to take a flyer to atleast sniff the playoffs.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have little doubt that even if Goff throws a TD instead of a pick that Stafford takes the Rams to a game winning FG. Partly because Campbell loves to go prevent, and partly because late game drives have always been something Stafford has crushed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we all remember how painful it was when we sucked for nearly two decades. BattleLyon is spot on Mebert. We are with ya!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we all remember how painful it was when we sucked for nearly two decades. BattleLyon is spot on Mebert. We are with ya!
I am happy, I get to watch Stafford on a good team, and I am loving it. Lions are at least 3 years from competing, so Goff is serving the greater good by being terrible.