• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McVay’s coaching tree

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Klingsbury

Last edited:
North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay, LaFleur and K. Shanahan all have ties back to WFT and probably were molded there for the "young offensive minds".
I think they are good offensive minded coaches; however, 0-2 in Super Bowls and LaFleur 0-2 in NFCC game :gaah:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone with an 0-1 Super Bowl record doesn't have a "coaching tree". Maybe a patch of dirt.
They already better than Belichick tree, hell we have to wait a long time for Belichick to even get to a winning record without Brady. Let me know when thst happens or for Belichick to accomplish anything without Brady.

While these guys on the other hand are just getting started.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already better than Belichick tree, hell we have to wait a long time for Belichick to even get to a winning record without Brady. Let me know when thst happens or for Belichick to accomplish anything without Brady.

While these guys on the other hand are just getting started.

Says something about Belichick as a HC. He's doing it with mediocre assistants.

Besides, Bill has 8 Super Bowl rings which pretty much trumps everything.

D8bbSrIVUAU848Y

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that are interested, I know many have been asking for this for awhile and I have been just too busy, but here it is.

I actually wrote this for pro football history . com and it probably deserves it's own thread, but here it is!!! Enjoy

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says something about Belichick as a HC. He's doing it with mediocre assistants.

Besides, Bill has 8 Super Bowl rings which pretty much trumps everything.

D8bbSrIVUAU848Y
Thanks to Brady, losing coach without. Congrats to the Patriots on besting two 1 win teams this year

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not really a coaching tree until another 10 years at least, it is interesting and nice to see these young guys succeeding as coaches

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to Brady, losing coach without. Congrats to the Patriots on besting two 1 win teams this year
You know what. I think you have a point. Seriously, I'm starting to think I may agree with you. Because I look at what TB12 did going with a 7-9 Bucs team with Bruce Arians as HC. The same roster, they won a SB. Yeah, that's pretty much Brady.

So to this point, I think it's easy to credit 6 of Bill's 8 rings to Brady. But let's see how this plays out with the Pats over the next few years. Because Bill is hanging around until he buries Shula's all-time wins record.

But another Hall of Fame HC, Parcells didn't win a Super Bowl without Little Bill. You can't disregard this. Both Bill's are assholes. Like the great Steve DeOssie said, "I hate Bill every day other than Sunday".

I'd say both Belichick and Brady would have won a couple of Super Bowls without each other over the last 20 years. But not 6.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what. I think you have a point. Seriously, I'm starting to think I may agree with you. Because I look at what TB12 did going with a 7-9 Bucs team with Bruce Arians as HC. The same roster, they won a SB. Yeah, that's pretty much Brady.

So to this point, I think it's easy to credit 6 of Bill's 8 rings to Brady. But let's see how this plays out with the Pats over the next few years. Because Bill is hanging around until he buries Shula's all-time wins record.

But another Hall of Fame HC, Parcells didn't win a Super Bowl without Little Bill. You can't disregard this. Both Bill's are assholes. Like the great Steve DeOssie said, "I hate Bill every day other than Sunday".

I'd say both Belichick and Brady would have won a couple of Super Bowls without each other over the last 20 years. But not 6.
If Belichick finds success without Brady, than nobody can say anything. Mac Jones looks to have a bright future, so certainly will help find success for the Patriots. Brady has proven he can win without Belichick, now this is Belichick's turn. If he does, he will arguably be the best coach in history, and not much in the way of arguments can be made against him. Fairly or not, he should prove that he can win without Brady

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone with an 0-1 Super Bowl record doesn't have a "coaching tree". Maybe a patch of dirt.
This is Battlelyon we're talking about. He could polish a terd if it had LA in it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why i put and Klingsbury in the bottom of post. He is not McVay’s coaching tree
The derp is strong in this one.
Starts a thread about coach wonder boy and his tree.

Gets called out on Klingsbury not being part of his tree.

Responds with he's not that's why he is at the bottom. He's not even at the bottom he's listed 2nd. WTF

Keep doing you Battlelyon