• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Niners the New Bills

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discuss this troubling history. Is Kyle Shannan to coaching what Donovan McNabb was to quarterbacks?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His playcalling yesterday was baffling. All he had to do was CMAC and have Purdy throw 3-5 yard passes to RBs or over the middle and let the insanely talented offensive players make YAC that they routinely are known to do... and instead he has Purdy trying to chuck it to the sidelines 10+ yards. WTF? Was he trying to get Purdy MVP or something?

I mean props to KCs defense. They got hot at the right time.. but San Fran should've been able to win that. Especially after the early 3rd quarter interception in basically field goal range.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. They've actually won Superbowl titles... :heh:
They're like the Cowboys though, it is all looking like ancient history now. The difference is, they have actually been contending for championships a lot in the past few decades, just coming up short.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His playcalling yesterday was baffling. All he had to do was CMAC and have Purdy throw 3-5 yard passes to RBs or over the middle and let the insanely talented offensive players make YAC that they routinely are known to do... and instead he has Purdy trying to chuck it to the sidelines 10+ yards. WTF? Was he trying to get Purdy MVP or something?

I mean props to KCs defense. They got hot at the right time.. but San Fran should've been able to win that. Especially after the early 3rd quarter interception in basically field goal range.

Blocked PAT was the key.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're like the Cowboys though, it is all looking like ancient history now. The difference is, they have actually been contending for championships a lot in the past few decades, just coming up short.
True, and knew all too well what that was like during the Martyball years...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning point was San Fran intercepting in basically field goal range and then doing fuck all but go backwards with Shanny drafting up passing 3 times in a row with Purdy.

I knew at that point Shanny was going full choke mode and it was a matter of time before San Fran's defense wore out and Mahomes got to business.

When I saw that interception I was like, "Oh man, I think San Fran wins." When I saw the ensuing 'drive' by the 9ers I was like, "Chiefs are going to win this."

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning point was San Fran intercepting in basically field goal range and then doing fuck all but go backwards with Shanny drafting up passing 3 times in a row with Purdy.

I knew at that point Shanny was going full choke mode and it was a matter of time before San Fran's defense wore out and Mahomes got to business.

When I saw that interception I was like, "Oh man, I think San Fran wins." When I saw the ensuing 'drive' by the 9ers I was like, "Chiefs are going to win this."

Halftime lead being one possession was when I really felt KC would win. SF dominated the first half without finishing drives effectively. You knew bad Shanahan was going to emerge in the second half and Mahomes would eventually break through.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halftime lead being one possession was when I really felt KC would win. SF dominated the first half without finishing drives effectively. You knew bad Shanahan was going to emerge in the second half and Mahomes would eventually break through.

Yep, and it 100% emerged, literally right after the half lol. In what world when you're at the 45 yard line (opponent territory) with a TD lead do you say, "Let's have Purdy start passing to the sideline!" ....... Shanny is a good head coach but he's proving himself to be a choke artist. IMO the 9ers are FAR more talented than the Chiefs. I know the Chiefs have a future HOF QB which accounts for a lot... but San Fran IMO is talented in probably every single position over the Chiefs with exception of TE (I mean Kittle is still #2) and DT (again, the 9ers aren't that far off there either).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I knew at 10-0.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SF should have had a bigger lead for sure at halftime. That first possession fumble was literally shooting themselves in the foot.

SF blew it again when they did nothing with the Mahomes INT to start the 2nd half.

The 3rd big mistake I think I saw was when SF didn't kickoff in OT. The different OT rules in the playoffs should have made them give KC the ball first, in my opinion.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been a SB with as much action on the ST's side of things without involving TD's?
Just proves yet again that outcomes in sports, especially in the playoffs where all the teams are good, depend a great deal on randomness. A blocked PAT is pretty random. A muffed kick return is random. Play that game 10 times and each team wins 5. Randomness is very underappreciated when making sports narratives.

But in the one we saw, KC edged them out. Fun game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC seems to win a lot of those so called random games

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is getting beat by Brady and Mahomes. It's just not fair. Like the Knicks during the Jordan years. Only so much Pat Riley could do for the team in the end when the GOATs are doing their do.