• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McNabb Comments

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he brings RG3 into it or not. He's still not taking responsibility for his own failures.

After he said RG3 wouldn't have success with Shanahan, and RG3 and Shanahan proved him wrong emphatically, he should have just curled up into a ball and shut his damn mouth. Instead he's adding layers of shit to his own heaping pile he created.

He's turning himself into a desperate, bitter laughing stock that nobody can take seriously.

I think we have to different points...his performance...we agree it stunk. I'm not sure what he will gain by taking ownership of it...if he comes out and says, I wasn't in shape, didn't know the playbook, etc. he's not going to get any respect in WAS.

My point and this is where we seem to agree as well...putting another player in the middle of his beef with his former coach does make him look desperate, really childish.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to different points...his performance...we agree it stunk. I'm not sure what he will gain by taking ownership of it...if he comes out and says, I wasn't in shape, didn't know the playbook, etc. he's not going to get any respect in WAS.

My point and this is where we seem to agree as well...putting another player in the middle of his beef with his former coach does make him look desperate, really childish.

Yep. Plus you have the tension or perceived tension between RG3 & Shanahan (at least as portrayed by the media). Do they really need to take it to another level by putting McNabb into the mix? Why give the media even more material? I think RG3 is smart enough to realize that engaging McNabb is wrong on many levels. Time for Mr. McNabb to move on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Plus you have the tension or perceived tension between RG3 & Shanahan (at least as portrayed by the media). Do they really need to take it to another level by putting McNabb into the mix? Why give the media even more material? I think RG3 is smart enough to realize that engaging McNabb is wrong on many levels. Time for Mr. McNabb to move on.

Very much so.

Perceived tension...I think Shanahan could squash that, but at least on the national level I'm not hearing much from him. I think RG3 would be best served to take the same approach, but he's a young guy trying to be accommodating to the media....then they twist it.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for McNabb to quietly go away.

He has been making comments all offseason as if he is auditioning for a TV analyst job. Maybe just maybe RG3 can seek his own counsel.

Maybe McNabb can go back to Philly and critisize Kelly's offense or some such bullshit.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much so.

Perceived tension...I think Shanahan could squash that, but at least on the national level I'm not hearing much from him. I think RG3 would be best served to take the same approach, but he's a young guy trying to be accommodating to the media....then they twist it.

Shanahan and Griffin have both said there is no tension.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much so.

To clarify. I don't believe there is any real tension between the two (no more than there is in any coach/QB relationship). However - even if there were - Shanahan's obligation would simply be to discuss this with RG3 behind closed doors. He is not obligated to discuss any of this with the media. Some of these discussions may be taking place - we all have no idea. Remember - Shanahan is old school & will talk as little as possible with media. As a Redskins fan I have no problem with that stance.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To clarify. I don't believe there is any real tension between the two (no more than there is in any coach/QB relationship). However - even if there were - Shanahan's obligation would simply be to discuss this with RG3 behind closed doors. He is not obligated to discuss any of this with the media. Some of these discussions may be taking place - we all have no idea. Remember - Shanahan is old school & will talk as little as possible with media. As a Redskins fan I have no problem with that stance.

It's pre-season so you're right, no obligations. It'll (media savvy) come with time for RG3as well.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pre-season so you're right, no obligations. It'll (media savvy) come with time for RG3as well.

What all of them can do is act like Belichick who is the master of saying something @ a press conference but basically saying nothing at all. The media is going to make things up anyhow so why give them any further ammo.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 and shanahan is a non issue