• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McNabb Comments

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, no pushback from me to you everyday Skins fans, but Andy Reid knew Mc5 was finished...and yes it was proven to be true.

he didnt have to be . if he kept in shape he would most likely still be playing . if he worked on foot spacing then he would have been more accurate .

DMAC being thru was a result of him feeling "entitled " and it showed up in his work ethic

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do. He was in the same system for his whole career. He didn't immediately have success in that system either. When he came here, he was having the same issues. And complained that they were making him learn their offense rather than let him do what he always did with the Eagles.

He was a whiner here, didn't want to do what the coaches wanted him to do. They clashed from the outset.

Rumblings that they didn't want RG3? That's hysterical.

How many QBs do have immediate success? P.Manning certainly took what he liked from the IND playbook with him to DEN...nothing wrong with that for a veteran QB imo.

Whiner...I'll grant you that entire sentence. He was pissed they let him go in PHI, came to WAS with a bad attitude...which could mean he wasn't all that interested in learning their playbook...that's different from couldn't to me.

Understand I like RG3 and think he's a great talent...happy as hell CLE was too stupid to make the deal, but I think your HC is an ass wipe.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiner...I'll grant you that entire sentence. He was pissed they let him go in PHI, came to WAS with a bad attitude...which could mean he wasn't all that interested in learning their playbook...that's different from couldn't to me.

Semantics when you get down to it. McNabb was the reason why McNabb wasn't successful here. Because he either couldn't or wouldn't learn the playbook. Refused to wear a wristband with the plays on it. He failed. And that's why he's not here. And he wants to blame everyone but himself, and warn RG3, who's come here and had immediate success with the Shanahans... that they are the boogie man out to get him.

Comical.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Cooley who was in the huddle with him he says McNabb refuse to wear a wrist band even though he couldn't remember plays for the risk of appearing dumb. He was all about himself and he still is. Somebody tell me what RG3 would gain in talking to this guy and Maybe I'll understand the benefit. Right now I don't see any reason for a sit down

Probably nothing. I'm not suggesting they should. I think Mc5 is being an ass, but he has the forum...for now.

I'm sure Dan Reeves shed some bitterness towards Mike in those interviews, but this was local ATL sportstalk and he didn't just blurt this stuff out...he was asked questions about Shanahan since he worked under him and he just let it flow...he has no reason to lie some 20+ yrs later, does he?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics when you get down to it. McNabb was the reason why McNabb wasn't successful here. Because he either couldn't or wouldn't learn the playbook. Refused to wear a wristband with the plays on it. He failed. And that's why he's not here. And he wants to blame everyone but himself, and warn RG3, who's come here and had immediate success with the Shanahans... that they are the boogie man out to get him.

Comical.

He failed...bottom line...that was evident.

More than anything...I think he basically wants to tell the kid...watch your back.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care about this preseason game, but here's to no injuries...WAS is not on PIT schedule this yr so I wish you guys the best all the way through.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atl,

Please provide a link that has some type of proof that Shanahan didn't want RG3. Otherwise - it is complete crap. I could make up a similar rumor about any other coach or player & it means nothing. Beyond that Snyder basically gave up control regarding personnel decisions several years ago & there is no proof to the contrary (many would maintain that the recent success of this team is proof enough that Snyder is staying out of these matters).

The biggest mistake Shanahan has made with the Skins is trading for McNabb - I wish that crybaby would go away already. See my clip of Hopkins in this thread just to show you that there are plenty of folks who don't like or trust this guy.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care about this preseason game, but here's to no injuries...WAS is not on PIT schedule this yr so I wish you guys the best all the way through.

Right back at ya. Just curious - how many Steeler bars are in the Atlanta area? I am always amazed at the following this team has all over the country. When I was in Socal there were two huge Steeler bars within a few miles of my house. Just amazing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atl,

Please provide a link that has some type of proof that Shanahan didn't want RG3. Otherwise - it is complete crap. I could make up a similar rumor about any other coach or player & it means nothing. Beyond that Snyder basically gave up control regarding personnel decisions several years ago & there is no proof to the contrary (many would maintain that the recent success of this team is proof enough that Snyder is staying out of these matters).

The biggest mistake Shanahan has made with the Skins is trading for McNabb - I wish that crybaby would go away already. See my clip of Hopkins in this thread just to show you that there are plenty of folks who don't like or trust this guy.

No link and you're right...it could very well be a bunch of crap and not something I wouldn't spread it if I didn't hear it from a decent source...FWIW...Jamie Dukes.(NFL network) on 92.9 the Game was the most recent to hint that today actually on his radio show here, but I've heard it before.

Mc5 flopped bigtime in DC, and he's stupidly (if that's a word) is using his platform to get back at Shanahan...that I get.

Shanahan...I will, but not needed...Mike is sort of an abrasive personality.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins...I did check it out...good stuff, especially when he put himself in McNabb's shoes.

I thought you were speaking on DC fans not liking Shanahan.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most coaches are abrasive personalities.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most coaches are abrasive personalities.

Idk about most Warpath, but you do have a point there. A fair amount for certain...he just comes off like I'm smarter than you, arrogant...I think a bit of Napoleon syndrome is in play as well, but enough of my Shanahan venting.

GL this season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for the steelers game i like playing them . the o/line and run game was impressive vs the giants and the skins run defense stunk up tenn

pittsburgh should give us a few more lessons there

the steeler defense is tough and it will test KC

should be a decent game for both teams

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simply because he has a grudge with Mike Shanahan, nothing else. Look, the guy didn't go out on his own terms and feels jaded. He should be mad at Andy Reid for sending his arse packing in the first place. The Skins simply did what they had to do is all. And so did Minny there shortly after. McNabb is afraid of failure as most of us are however, we all handle failure differently and as you can see, McNabb is struggling with his ride off into the sunset. Let it go DMAC, your not a HOF QB and never will be. Heck, RG3 will be a far superior QB to you as anyone can plainly see and does NOT need your advice!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is he didn't learn the playbook for what ever reason. He didn't work on his mechanics. He was looking to ease into the sunset and the Shanahan's weren't interested in letting him do it on their dime. If that's treating him bad, then so be it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb is a scrub. If he wants to have his voice heard or still be somehow involved in football, there are plenty of other ways to do that. Sounds to me that he thinks he is still that good or was something very very special his entire career..big time ego.

His recent jersey retirement gave him a new sense of self entitlement...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply because he has a grudge with Mike Shanahan, nothing else. Look, the guy didn't go out on his own terms and feels jaded. He should be mad at Andy Reid for sending his arse packing in the first place. The Skins simply did what they had to do is all. And so did Minny there shortly after. McNabb is afraid of failure as most of us are however, we all handle failure differently and as you can see, McNabb is struggling with his ride off into the sunset. Let it go DMAC, your not a HOF QB and never will be. Heck, RG3 will be a far superior QB to you as anyone can plainly see and does NOT need your advice!

It's between his ears that he was screwed, whether he really was or not matters little. He's not the 1st media guy with a beef.

Drawing RG3 into it is where he's crossing the line imo.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he brings RG3 into it or not. He's still not taking responsibility for his own failures.

After he said RG3 wouldn't have success with Shanahan, and RG3 and Shanahan proved him wrong emphatically, he should have just curled up into a ball and shut his damn mouth. Instead he's adding layers of shit to his own heaping pile he created.

He's turning himself into a desperate, bitter laughing stock that nobody can take seriously.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the heck would Robert want mentoring from Donovan anyways? It is known that he is bitter about the Shanahai and his stint in DC. Just makes no sense for him at this time. So weird that McCrabby keeps pushing this. Certainly makes him look pathetic.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of all the qbs that shanahan has worked with ( montana, young, elway, griese, plummer, cutler) why would mcnabb be the one to give rg3 advice?