• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mccreary to officiate last NHL game

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refs1_49625.jpg

Veteran referee Bill McCreary will officiate his final regular-season NHL game on Saturday in Washington when the Capitals host the Buffalo Sabres.

It will be the 1,737th game of McCreary's career, which began on November 3, 1984 in nearby Landover, Maryland when the Capitals hosted the New Jersey Devils.

"Over the course of an outstanding career, Bill McCreary established a level of excellence matched by very few in the history of our profession," said NHL director of officiating Terry Gregson, a former referee. "The level of esteem with which he has been regarded by his peers, officiating managers and NHL players and coaches is reflected in the number of playoff games he was selected to work -- including a remarkable 15 Stanley Cup Finals."

McCreary holds NHL records for most playoff games officiated with 297 and most Stanley Cup Finals games at 44. He worked the Stanley Cup Finals 13 consecutive seasons from 1994-2007.

"I am honored to have worked in the NHL for so many years and have been privileged to be assigned to so many important games," McCreary said in the league's release. "My family always has been very supportive of my career and I'm very fortunate that they will be in attendance and able to share in my final game in Washington. I have worked with an incredible group of people both on and off the ice, and I am looking forward to my next adventure."

McCreary has also officiated games in the Canada Cup and Winter Olympics. He refereed the gold medal game at the 1998 Nagano Olympics, as well as the 2002 Salt Lake Games and the 2010 Vancouver Olympics

Long-time referee Bill McCreary to officiate last NHL game

Who will take over the mustache?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCreary has long been my favourite ref in the league...So long Bill and enjoy your retirement, you had a heck of a career.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best of the best. enjoy it. sorry to see the future is not as bright :(

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a great retirement Bill. You had the mustache and Frazier had the hair. It was cool when ref's didn't wear helmets.

Edit: I wish this was about fucking Auger !!!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a great retirement Bill. You had the mustache and Frazier had the hair. It was cool when ref's didn't wear helmets.

Edit: I wish this was about fucking Auger !!!

Yup. Sad that guys like him and Watson are the future of NHL officiating. Makes me cry a little on the inside. :L

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im gonna miss booing him every time he did a flyers game :(:becky:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, isn't it 1AM in Buffalo?!? Up late tonight my friend.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the meds screwing up your sleep, Boss?

Nah, I go to pain management because of the three spinal surgeries i've had and some night's are harder than others to sleep. I've gone three days on 3 or 4 hours sleep many times.

Besides I'm still waiting to hear why my friend passed and by now the autopsy report should have been complete but I haven't heard anything and that concerns me. I think you know what I mean.

Just take it one day at a time my friend as my dad always said. "Better days are coming. the first hundred years are the hardest then it's all down hill from there"

My dad was cool.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you to boss I have to be up at 7am and im not even close to tired

Clarkson. sleep is very important. My doc told me that sleep deprivation is more serious than people think. If it's a chronic problem talk to him or her about it. I ended up in the hospital because of it and it's nothing to mess with.

I am not talking about the odd night here or there when you can't sleep but when or if you have problems consistently it's problematic and should be dealt with.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, one spinal surgery is bad enough, but three? You're tougher than a three dollar steak, buddy.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buffhockey550, Sorry if I hi jacked your topic brother. I will get back on topic.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, one spinal surgery is bad enough, but three? You're tougher than a three dollar steak, buddy.

I'm a hockey fan dash we are all tough. :smile:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson. sleep is very important. My doc told me that sleep deprivation is more serious than people think. If it's a chronic problem talk to him or her about it. I ended up in the hospital because of it and it's nothing to mess with.

I am not talking about the odd night here or there when you can't sleep but when or if you have problems consistently it's problematic and should be dealt with.

I have been getting sleep lately unfortunately its been during the day been falling asleep aroun 5 to 6 am and waking up around 1