• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCloughan hired

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps. and in that case ill say fuck dan. but lets hope dan isnt trying to be dan.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far only PFT is reporting that McCloughan is talking to the Jets and Raiders. I can't imagine that McCloughan would enter any contract talks without a promise of being the No. 1 talent advisor.

I didn't hear McCloughan's interview on the ESPN 980s midday show but he did tell Kevin Sheehan that they were in contract talks so I am supposing that is accurate unless something broke down. Maybe the other two teams are trying a last ditch effort to change his mind if the report is accurate.

We should know by the end of the week if he is going to be signed by the Redskins. Meanwhile this could be a real coup for the Redskins. If Allen assumes the postion of president and possibly contract person I would view that as a good move. McCloughan as GM would be such an upgrade in scouting. I don't think the team has had anyone that competent since Bobby Bethard.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? I did not expect to wake up to the news that this still has not happened.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? I did not expect to wake up to the news that this still has not happened.

Hopefully, this is just some lawyer/agent trying to earn his money. I find it hard to believe that Scot would go on the air and say we are in negotiations while still taking offers from other teams. Usually, once you enter negotiations, the big issues have been agreed to (such as job responsibilities and power) and now its a matter of dotting the I and crossing the T.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Rooney Rule which Tandler reported was satisfied yesterday.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well , we signed him so i guess washington is somewhat of a draw isnt it doom and gloomers

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan tells Scot that he is embarrassed and just wants to win. Says he and Bruce will not interfere.

~Ed Werder

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well , we signed him so i guess washington is somewhat of a draw isnt it doom and gloomers

............Or maybe such a huge challenge that ultimately cements his accomplishments as among the best ever!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
............Or maybe such a huge challenge that ultimately cements his accomplishments as among the best ever!!

If he turns this situation around, we need to send him to the Middle East because he can work miracles.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he turns this situation around, we need to send him to the Middle East because he can work miracles.

Or maybe we should just pull out of the Middle East altogether!!!!.........Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Catholics.........they don't believe in pulling out!! :L.....shame on me, now I've gotta get in that extremely long line of people in route to hell :bawling:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I thought that Catholics did believe in pulling out.....its the only acceptable means of birth control. But since I'm not that familiar with the catholic faith, I'll defer to you.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I thought that Catholics did believe in pulling out.....its the only acceptable means of birth control. But since I'm not that familiar with the catholic faith, I'll defer to you.

Catholics dont believe in pulling out because they dont believe in recreational sex. Sex should be for the express purpose of procreation and the implied purpose of showing the bond between a husband and wife. So technically there is no acceptable form of birth control for Catholics. Which by the way is the same stance Muslims take towards the process, minus the whole bond thing in some of the more zealous sects of Islam.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catholics dont believe in pulling out because they dont believe in recreational sex. Sex should be for the express purpose of procreation and the implied purpose of showing the bond between a husband and wife. So technically there is no acceptable form of birth control for Catholics. Which by the way is the same stance Muslims take towards the process, minus the whole bond thing in some of the more zealous sects of Islam.

There you go. I stand corrected.

No recreational sex???? Hmmm. I got a couple of comments about that, but I think I'm just going to leave it alone :scratch:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good lord dad, you just went on a 5 post rant and threatened to make all us doom and gloomers only post on the Doom and Gloom thread and now you are baiting the doom and gloomers. Miss us???? :whistle:

Who knows what motivated McCloughan, it's just nice to think about the possibilities.

Hold on though!!!! Danny hired Marty after Marty said he would never coach for Dan. How'd that work out. Dan hired our revered Coach Gibbs who although the most successful coach under Dan still had his worst 4 years in a row ever. He hired Shanahan and how did that work out. Dan has been able to get people to come to Washington but he hasn't been successful with any of them yet. So although many of us are very excited about this hire, you have to understand a lot of us are guarded and just waiting until we see something different.

BTW did you read Keim today where he mentioned the McNabb and Griffin trade weren't soley Shanahan's idea. CSI eh? That is why us doom & gloomers exist. We know Dan is lurking with his minion Bruce right behind the closed door.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, wtf happened to this thread? damn you sty, look what you've started:lol:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its called the off season. Happens every year Mart. It wont get REALLY off the ranch until the week after the Super Bowl. Wil lcalm don again after FA and through the draft.

Then right after the last OTA leading up to training camp, there will be talks of God, Aliens, Fathers rights, Mothers rights, politics and people debating whats better Beef or Pork spare ribs. :lol:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I, know, I'm so ashamed.........as a self imposed punishment, think I'll go sit in that corner, created by Dad about doom and gloomers!

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets make doom and gloomers t-shirts and have a doom and gloom party. maybe give dad a prank call.
(jk dad, i respect you and have for many years.)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord dad, you just went on a 5 post rant and threatened to make all us doom and gloomers only post on the Doom and Gloom thread and now you are baiting the doom and gloomers. Miss us???? :whistle:

Who knows what motivated McCloughan, it's just nice to think about the possibilities.

Hold on though!!!! Danny hired Marty after Marty said he would never coach for Dan. How'd that work out. Dan hired our revered Coach Gibbs who although the most successful coach under Dan still had his worst 4 years in a row ever. He hired Shanahan and how did that work out. Dan has been able to get people to come to Washington but he hasn't been successful with any of them yet. So although many of us are very excited about this hire, you have to understand a lot of us are guarded and just waiting until we see something different.

BTW did you read Keim today where he mentioned the McNabb and Griffin trade weren't soley Shanahan's idea. CSI eh? That is why us doom & gloomers exist. We know Dan is lurking with his minion Bruce right behind the closed door.

all i am saying is i was told no one of value would come here . the only person saying wait and see was me .

well danny at least attempted to learn as did allen . we got the best talent guy we could and gave him the power

just saying

now if you are going to shove negativity down my throat for god knows how many weeks ,/months then you best believe i am going to push back

some of you think you can say your opinions and feelings and i dont have any right to say mine particularly when i was right . well thats crap

every damn thread regardless of what the topic was always went back to a bash a thon

i got tired of it and i said my piece and did something about it

as for kiem , i havent read his piece yet , so i dont know it but the bottom line is he had final say EVEN if it wasnt his idea

i will read it and if he can back it up then i will have to rethink my position

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its called the off season. Happens every year Mart. It wont get REALLY off the ranch until the week after the Super Bowl. Wil lcalm don again after FA and through the draft.

Then right after the last OTA leading up to training camp, there will be talks of God, Aliens, Fathers rights, Mothers rights, politics and people debating whats better Beef or Pork spare ribs. :lol:

lol we are starting early this year. I'm sure we will know every posters religion and political views by april