• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCloughan hired

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best news about this is scot knows almost every scout out there. He knows which ones are good and which ones aren't. I expect we will see some immediate moves in the scouting dept.

Jay gruden must be walking around with a woody right now.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a solid hire IMHO.

Maybe Dan has gotten the message. Now if he can still keep his paws off the FO and let the man work then in a short span Washington can build a solid foundation on the way back to respectability. Things off to a good start in Washington for a change.

Just curious as to what will happen to Bruce Allen in the change ?

will be interesting to say the least

It's unclear exactly what the division of responsibilities are going to be, but Bruce is still President of operations. I believe that Scot will report to him.

It will be interesting. They guy has flaws. Working under dan Snyder could magnify those flaws.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well doom and gloomers can i take you off damn suicide watch now ? can we now have some threads that mean shit ?

we got the best personnel guy available and allen is kicked upstairs

but now lets temper some expectations . it will take some time , 2-3 years to get the talent we need here or for him to get "his " players so keep that in mind

and damn it dont come at me with some other kind of time line because its poppycock

if i hear any , were are 11-5 next year with 7 draft picks and 20 mil in FA you will be proverbially shot for stupidity

You will never hear a prediction from me since it is basically pointless & generally leads to disappointment. Yep - no need to expect too much too soon. However - this is quite possibly the best move in the Snyder era since it basically involves dramatically changing the infrastructure. No more puppet GMs, no ex-SB coaches who are also given the title of GM (or pseudo GM). This team is finally trying to structure their organization in the mold of other successful organizations.

Will it work? Who knows but this appears to be one of the more recent positive moves. Maybe that little turd Jason Reid had a direct influence on this with his whiny responses during Allen's press conference. At least he might be good for something (along with Arrington he is one of the most worthless so called journalists who cover this team).

Maybe we can now say this again - HTTR!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason'champs yeah

True, but it is a start. Please tell me another GM during the Snyder era who has a track record as true GM (not an ex-coach, clown or salary cap guy). You gotta start somewhere.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That maybe even happen. However - if it accompanied by solid changes to the foundation then it may not be that bad. Redskins fans have to get out of the mindset of expecting every change to have immediate positive results that make them SB contenders right away. That kind of mentality is basically what has brought this team to their current point.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That maybe even happen. However - if it accompanied by solid changes to the foundation then it may not be that bad. Redskins fans have to get out of the mindset of expecting every change to have immediate positive results that make them SB contenders right away. That kind of mentality is basically what has brought this team to their current point.

Exactly!!! I'm looking at nearly an 85-90% turnover rate in players. By my count there are barely 10 guys who will be on any "keeper" list as things stand now. This will take some time and more important to fans growing pains. I know that SM is a huge draft guy but would be interested in how he's fared in free agency. One thing for certain, if you're above the age of 26 and had plans to come here as a FA.......unless you're a superstar right now that fits, there's a new sheriff in town and your age fails to meet his standard.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard its not a done deal and skins are still talking with him I just heard it at 740 pm

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard its not a done deal and skins are still talking with him I just heard it at 740 pm

If it has gotten this far, I would say its a safe bet to go through. And lets face it, there could be worse fall back plans than AJ Smith.

The real good news is that we are actually going to bring in an actual Talent Guy to run the football side of things. That alone should be GREAT news to any Redskins fan.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard jets and raiders are back in the guy on radio saying could be he was playing us to get to the raiders.this shit might not happen fellas

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing happened until the contract is signed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard jets and raiders are back in the guy on radio saying could be he was playing us to get to the raiders.this shit might not happen fellas

Dude... you almost sound like you hope it doesnt happen.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... you almost sound like you hope it doesnt happen.

PFT reports Jets and Raiders back in because decision on who has final call on personnel Allen or Mcloughan not decided. Hopefully those are rumors.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The'thread says skins hired him but I'm hearing skins are still in talk with him

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin sheheen-'no deal has been made with mc but skins still have a chance

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all realize, if this deal does not go through.. .Dan and Bruce will have effectively Penguined the majority of the fan base yet again. :L

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all realize, if this deal does not go through.. .Dan and Bruce will have effectively Penguined the majority of the fan base yet again. :L

I wrote this earlier:

"Looks like it's time to temper the enthusiasm a bit, given the fact that there are other suitors who are more likely willing to give him complete control. Unless I've missed something, the GM is still Moe (3 stooges). I don't believe that money alone will be the lure to get this guy. His career bend appears to be in gaining great satisfaction in doing a great job. Demons and all his track record speaks for itself. So if by chance Snyder convinces him to come here, I'll expect major moves in front office personnel , coaching staff along with player acquisition and movements. Although it's difficult to temper any joy in moves like this, we must find the energy to do exactly that."

Looks like they are in the process of blowing a major coup with this hire. Could it possibly be that BA is unwilling to give it up? Could it also be that DS doesn't have the energy to tell BA to back off. We may be witnessing thru these reports an internal power struggle......one that either gets SM here while losing BA, or maintaining BA at the cost of losing a great and necessary hire. Stay tuned!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screw these contract negotiations. give him all the power and money he wants danny!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we perhaps missing the obvious here?? Is it possible Dan tried to assume the puppet master position and Big Mc turned and told him It aint that kinda party any more??? we dont all really think guys who have been around the NFL for as long as Vinnie, Bruce and Mike could ALL fuck up so badly over the last 15 years without help do we?? I mean come on, three GMs and all the same basic result. Maybe Mc aint willing to be the next puppet and is actually insisting on a guaranteed deal where he has full say. After all, if he takes on this project and fails... he might be the next Vinnie Cerrato.