• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCloughan hired

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really becoming worried that Scot can't possibly live up to the expectations that we fans are leveling on him.

:whistle:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this happened but also cautious and praying that Snyder keeps his word and stays the fuck out of football decisions.

At the end of the day that's really all I take from this. Hope. If Dan Snyder had come to me and asked me, tell me one thing you would like to see me do, you only get one thing. This would have been it. No guarantees in life, but being hopeless..............

Sportster, you are a more reasonable fan. It appears some are expecting this guy to draft starters with every pick.

:whistle:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportster, you are a more reasonable fan. It appears some are expecting this guy to draft starters with every pick.

Then they would be setting themselves up for disappointment, he misses on picks just like everyone else. His forte is supposed to be finding value in the middle rounds.

I am also anxious to see who the new DC will be and of course how the D looks next year. Our DBs had so many blown coverages that you had to wonder if we only drafted stupid people or they weren't being put in the best position to succeed. I am betting it is somewhere in the middle. Maybe we have more talent than we realize .... maybe.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should go on the doom and glooom thread but I'm scared that if mccluehan can not fix this mess who can????

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According'to wikiepeda. Mccloughen dad was drafted and'played for the redskins so I just to assume he grew up a redskin fan

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Scot is big on BPA, but Shane Ray is 245lbs. Real small, so I don't see him being the pick. He might decide Scherff is BPA, but gambles that he can get him later and grab an extra pick. Looks like FA, is going to be a little different for us from here on out.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't get scherff later, but there are still some pretty good OTs that will be around with our second pick.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't get scherff later, but there are still some pretty good OTs that will be around with our second pick.

Yeah, I was think 10 or 11 with a trade down.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably still will be gone, but you might get Peat there who some think has a higher upside.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we'd one one of the two.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scot is the best man for this job.
I believe he will make the right call.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scot first thing to do is hire a defense coach let's see what he does

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but the doom and gloom thread has been bumped to page 2 so I'll just say it here. This guy has all the credictials. But part of me just has to think that anyone ready to move across the country to get into bed with this band of morons simply has to be tainted. Sorry, Lucy's not pulling the ball out this time on me, I'm in serious wait and see mode here.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but the doom and gloom thread has been bumped to page 2 so I'll just say it here. This guy has all the credictials. But part of me just has to think that anyone ready to move across the country to get into bed with this band of morons simply has to be tainted. Sorry, Lucy's not pulling the ball out this time on me, I'm in serious wait and see mode here.

I'm there with ya. It also concerns me with some of the statements from fans saying things like " this is the most important hire in franchise history" and so forth.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of you guys need a dose in some reality

snyder can only change his ways by what ? by letting football men run the team . step one you hire one

he did now i cant say he wont meddle but if he has learned his lesson this is his 1st stride

so you can bemoan what might happen to ruin it or you can have faith that this time its real . so if you like misery then worry to your hearts content . i for one will drink the kool aid and hope it aint spiked because i dont live my life waiting for the other shoe to drop.

in my opinion being negative doesnt make you smarter

now for expectations . this could take 3-5 years . the GM will hit and miss on picks and players but as it stands now 3 years gives us 21 picks . if we hit on half we could be in good shape but if we dont make 50% it could be longer

if anyone has expectations , and i mean expectations that this team will be a 500 or better team next season then you are simply kidding yourself and you should be bitch slapped

my expectation is by the end of year 3 we could be a team worth talking about on the field

i think we made the attempt at making a great hire but it will take some time to reap the benefits :suds:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm there with ya. It also concerns me with some of the statements from fans saying things like " this is the most important hire in franchise history" and so forth.

when comments are made like that ....

its not just about the Scott's skill as a scout

& more to do with Dan & his realization he needs football people to take control.

the realization that he can not continue operating the franchise the same way every year and expect different results.

I truly believe Dan is a Redskins fan and wants a winner ...

but, in the beginning of his ownership he was a kid in a candy shop & he couldnt help himself ... ala UFA signings.

more then i hope Scott is the scout everyone believes he is ... i hope Dan has learned to get out of his own way ....

& FINALLY allow "football people" guide this team.

i'm so tired of hearing the Redskins are not a football team ... but a marketing company. I want the Redskins to be a football team again.

This hire signifies to me thats what Dan wants that also ...

which is why this hire is so important ...

its probably premature to say its historical ... but i'm a fanatic.

what can i say ?

:suds:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PaCK8Pp.png

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when comments are made like that ....

its not just about the Scott's skill as a scout

& more to do with Dan & his realization he needs football people to take control.

the realization that he can not continue operating the franchise the same way every year and expect different results.

I truly believe Dan is a Redskins fan and wants a winner ...

but, in the beginning of his ownership he was a kid in a candy shop & he couldnt help himself ... ala UFA signings.

more then i hope Scott is the scout everyone believes he is ... i hope Dan has learned to get out of his own way ....

& FINALLY allow "football people" guide this team.

i'm so tired of hearing the Redskins are not a football team ... but a marketing company. I want the Redskins to be a football team again.

This hire signifies to me thats what Dan wants that also ...

which is why this hire is so important ...

its probably premature to say its historical ... but i'm a fanatic.

what can i say ?

:suds:

Krush, I get that. I'm a fan also. It just that I've been burned too many times in the past by Dan so I am approaching this hire with cautious optimism, but also with a healthy dose of skepticism. Like DGF said, Lucy isn't pulling that football out from me again.

Last edited by a moderator: