• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm psyched! In light of Alex Cobb's recent strikeout performance, MLB Network will be airing a movie tonight in his honor! I am so pleased that he is receiving such an accolade!

What's that? Who? Oh...never mind. :rollseyes:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, "30 Rock" ended, so Lutz got a job with the Reds!

Oh, I do crack myself up. :laugh3:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this happens to everybody. I dropped Gyorko in this league, he has since hit 3 bombs.

Interestingly enough, I was on the verge of dropping him in my money league too. I told a friend I would give him until the end of the Cubs series. If he did not hit a HR, I was moving on and grabbing the best availble 2B. He hit a bomb in the last game of the series and the rest is history.

When will I decide to drop my other struggling upside player, Ike Davis?

Let's see...Ike Davis and Chris Carter...at this point, Carter wins that bet, not to mention he's OF eligible. Could turn out to be a really shrewd move. I thought about putting a claim in for Ike, then I watched him today. I wish him the best.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am about to drop Ike in my money league too. I am thinking about grabbing Will Venable since I have had much success with McClouth. I will be ready if Davis gets hot again, but holy crap this is painful. I will never draft him again.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd pick up some 2-start arms to keep up with ya next week, Rev! I see you're punting saves, so I'm gonna risk going with one closer... and with the Reds in mash-mode, and Perkins' tender side, the honor goes to Mr. Grilli.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the weekly Re-Crap for week 4. Each week I will recap the weeks matchups and update the current standings for the masses.
Not much more to say so lets get to it.

The Grand Salami 7 – YellowFuzzy 1 (predicted score: Grand Salmai 6 – YellowFuzzy 4)
The Salami’s took this one by a larger margin that predicted. Hitting was supposed to belong to Fuzzy but it was all The Grand One as they easily took 4 of the 5 hitting categories leaving Fuzzy to run away with steals. On the pitching side The Grand One took ERA & WHIP and thanks to a Sunday night start took K’s, but CJ couldn’t get the win leaving wins & saves tied.

Sarnia Tigers 9 – Big League Chew 1 (predicted Score: Sarnia Tigers 5 – Big League Chew 4)
Hitting was supposed to be close, but The Tigers decided to take batting practice this week and Hammered Chew taking all 5 hitting categories. In a different chapter of the same book The Tigers decisively took 4 of the 5 pitching categories. The only thing that came through for Big League this week was their bullpen as they racked up 8 saves for their only point of the week.

TKOut 6 – DUB 4 (predicted Score: DUB 5 – TKOut 3)
TKO’s pitchers were strong this week and the score showed it as they took 4 of 5 here. DUB managed to take saves but couldn’t do much more here. As for hitting DUB had a chance to take a point away from TKO or even tie the score, but an Eybar Hamstring injury earlier in the week took care of that. DUB did take HR’s, RBI’s and batting average, but TKO took runs, steals and the win in a close match.

The Sportsboys 6 – D Dude’s Dodgers 4 (predicted score: D Dude’s Dodgers 6 – Sportsboys 4)
Hitting was predicted to be close, and this game came right down to Sunday night with 3 hitting categories on the line. In the end the 5 hitters playing in that game didn’t matter or affect the final score. The Sportsboys took batting average along with close calls on HR’s & RBI’s. BigD took stolen bases & runs by 2. Pitching was very close as The Boys took ERA and barely edged out Triple D in wins & whip. Big D took saves and got a few more K’s for their 2nd pitching point.

DWolfPack 7 – WHIP out your FIP 3 (predicted score: WHIP out your FIP 5 – WolfPack 5)
The Pack got their first win of the season this week. The Pack took wins & K’s as expected, and also took ERA & WHIP despite not having the best week in either. On the hitting side The Pack took HR’s but there were a lot of solo shots, as a result they eeked out RBI’s by one as well as stolen bases. FIP had a good week and dominated in BA & Runs, but came up a little short in the other 3.

SoggyBottomBoyz 5 – Fudpuckers 5 (predicted Score: Soggy Bottom Boyz 6 – Fudpuckers 4)
The BottomBoyz were supposed to have the advantage in pitching, except nobody gave his pitchers the news. Fudpuckers took 4 of the 5 pitching categories leaving The Boyz to take saves. Hitting was supposed to be close and that call was correct. The BottomBoyz took 4 of 5 here winning HR’s by 1 and also taking RBI’s, steals and runs, but while there was a lot behind each hit there weren’t enough hits leaving Fudpuckers to take batting average.

All teams will meet again for a rematch in week 17

So after 6 weeks, the stands are as follows:
1 WHIP out your FIP (Varrys) 33-24-3
2 Soggy Bottom Boys (Chef99) 30-21-9
3 Sarnia Tigers (Philabuster5) 33-24-3
4 The Grand Salami (Tlance) 32-23-5
5 Fudpuckers (TREFF) 32-26-2
6 DUB (DUB aka Cheese) 31-26-3
10 TKOut (TKOSpikes) 23-37
11 WolfPack (Reverend Jim) 20-34-6
12 Big League Chew (RamTuff08) 21-36-3

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO’s pitchers were strong this week and the score showed it as they took 4 of 5 here.

Thank you Cain and Sale!!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Austin Jackson going on the D/L today, I see I now have a fantasy team with an all hurt all star OF. Yup, now taking up both D.L spots and 1 of my 3 hitters bench spots on one team are Jackson, Heyward, & Granderson.

Lucky for me, I still have McCutcheon, Rios & Choo to still run out there every day.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 Preview:

With the standings as tight as they are, the next couple weeks could provide some opportunities for a couple teams to break from the pack. Here are the match-ups, leading of with the game of the week:

Game of the Week:

Soggy Bottom Boyz vs. WHIP my FIP- 4-4

This one will be very interesting with 5 swing categories. These two teams are as even as they come.

If they played last week, WHIP would have won 4-3, giving the Boys 3 more coveted ties.

Pitching- Those Soggy Boyz decided to punt saves this week and chose to take the 2 extra starts. As a result, they have an edge in Ks, but WHIP has the edge in saves, ERA and WHIP. Wins could go either way.

Hitting- Soggy has the clear edge in steals, despite last week's lacking category total. The other 4 hitting categories are too close to call. I am projecting a tie overall, but whichever side owns the hot bats could end up in first place this time next week, while the loser could find themselves on the outside of the playoff hunt.

Grand Salami vs. Big League Chew- Salamis 7, Big League 3

If they played last week, the Salamis would have won 8-2

Pitching- The key factor to watch here will be the 2 start options for each squad. Kershaw pitches on Tuesday for the Chew and is scheduled to go once, while Hector Santiago goes twice for the Salamis. Santiago could lose a start if Danks is deemed ready and Kershaw could gain one if the Dodgers alter their rotation. As is, the Salamis have an edge in Ks, ERA and WHIP. Wins and saves could go either way.

Hitting- The hot hitting Salamis have the edge in BA, RBI, and HRs. Big League has the edge in steals. Runs should be very close between these two teams.

Sarnia Tigers vs. Sportsboys- Sarnia 7, Sportsboys 3

If they played last week, Sarnia would have won 7-3

Pitching- Sarnia has used dominant pitching to crush his oppostion lately. This week should be no different. Sarnia boasts the best pitching staff in the league year to date and has the edge in ERA, WHIP, K's and Saves with 1 more closer and the same number of starts. Wins could go either way.

Hitting- The Sporty ones have the power edge, and should get HRs and RBI, while Sarnia enjoys a big edge in steals and runs. BA is a swing category.

Dub vs. Fuzzy- Dub 5, Fuzzy 4

If they played last week, Dub would have won 5-4

Pitching- Fuzz has 5 more starts than Dub, despite only having 1 fewer closer. Wins and Ks should be a formality for the fuzzies. Saves ERA and WHIP will be close, but the advantage here belongs to Dub.

Hitting- On the hitting side, these teams are very evenly matched. Dub has the SB edge, while Fuzz should get more RBI. The other 3 categories are too close to call and will likely swing the match-up.

Wolfpack vs. TKO- Wolf 6, TKO 3

If they played last week, TKO would have won 6-3

Does last week's victory mean that the curse of Jim is over? We shall see.

Pitching- TKO has taken some crazy risks on marginal 2 starters to keep up with the Reverend. As is, TKO actually has 1 more start and the reliable Grilli available to nail down the save category. As a result of a couple dicey options, the pack has an advantage in ERA and WHIP, while TKO should get saves if Grilli comes through. Ks and wins will both be very close.

Hitting- Wolfpack should win runs, HRs and RBI. TKO usually hits for a superior average. Steals could swing the match-up.

Ddude vs. Fudpuckers- Dude 5, Fud 4

If they played last week, Dude would have won 8-1

Pitching- The dudes will win saves barring a disaster and has a slight edge in Ks despite 1 fewer start. The other 3 categories will be very close despit 1 more start from Fud.

Hitting- Fud has the stronger hitting team and is favored to win runs, HR and SBs. The dude looks to ride his clutch hitters to a win in RBI. BA is too close to call in this one.

As always, good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching- TKO has taken some crazy risks on marginal 2 starters to keep up with the Reverend.

Got away with Phelps (even with his 5 walks), and knew Bud was major-risky against the Monsters of Motown, but have noticed the Tigers K-ing a lot lately... dang it!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is all of a sudden, a MASH unit. Two more down in the last couple of days, Cuddyer, and Altuve. No more DL slots so an active week on the waiver wire ahead.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash!! The Marlins have announced that Giancarlo Stanton is not yet ready to resume baseball activities. Word is filtering in that he should be ready about the same time he is TRADED TO ANOTHER TEAM. Those hamstrings sure are finicky. :laugh3:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Stanton trade could only bee a good thing for his owners. Going to team who has a real MLB hitter around him..big plus

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you are beer snobs, and you live near these yards, then you may want to check out these craft beers, deemed the top 10.

1. Safeco Field, Seattle:
dales250.jpg

Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
2. AT&T Park, San Francisco:
Russian River Blind Pig IPA
3. Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia:
Troeg’s Sunshine Pils
4. PNC Park, Pittsburgh:
Victory HopDevil IPA
5. Petco Park, San Diego:
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
6. Camden Yards, Baltimore: