• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened with that Philabuster/Ram Tuff trade? Didn't that already go through?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It got rejected by yahoo...
RamTuff didn't have roster space. (Stanton was dl)
But he cleared a spot and re-offered.
I was going to ask for more haha but not sure he'd appreciate my sense of humour :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The motto of this league could be, "If you ain't tradin', you ain't tryin'."

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can count on this happening about 5 times a year. And, how stupid, to be messing with your job and career that way.

That said, I did this once, and got a summer off a job I hated ( and still hate ), so......?

SAN FRANCISCO -- On a night the Washington Nationals welcomed back slugger Bryce Harper, the team learned it will be without reliever Ryan Mattheus after he broke his hand punching a locker.

Mattheus allowed five runs in one inning of Washington's 13-4 loss to the San Diego Padres. According to Johnson, Mattheus did not inform the team of his injury until just before Monday's game at AT&T Park.

"Last night after the game he came in and was in the locker room and banged his glove against his locker with his hand in it," Johnson said. "He didn't say anything to anybody. His hand didn't swell up but when he went out to throw today his hand swelled up and he couldn't throw the ball."

The news came on the same night that the Giants lost starter Ryan Vogelsong to a fractured right hand while batting.

Mattheus underwent a series of tests Monday, and an X-ray revealed the damage.

Washington pitcher Zach Duke, who lasted 3 1/3 innings and took the loss against San Francisco, suffered a similar injury in 2011 when he was hit in his pitching hand by a line drive.

"When it's the throwing hand it's tough," Duke said. "You basically lose all the stamina that you build up in the arm. I couldn't pick up a ball for five weeks. You have to get out there and re-establish what you did in the offseason."

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found out that, on Memorial day, that all teams will not just be wearing camo lids, but that the uni's, be they home or away, will feature a good bit of camo as well.

I don't care who you are, but to see the classic Yankee uni all "camo'ed up" will be a crying shame.

At least there is a charity angle, in that after the games are played that day, the game worn uni's will be sold, and that proceeds are going to the Welcome Back Veterans charity.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least there is a charity angle, in that after the games are played that day, the game worn uni's will be sold, and that proceeds are going to the Welcome Back Veterans charity.

The Mets will be donating their uniforms directly to a charity clothing drive for fear of the Astros will bring in more money.:laugh3:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets will be donating their uniforms directly to a charity clothing drive for fear of the Astros will bring in more money.:laugh3:

It's ironic that Rick Ankiel is already one of out best players. :wtf2:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a ghost on the baseball boards lately. This football draft is killing me. We have been drafting for a week and a half and I have 8 players.

I rant, but it is kind of fun. Imagine the wonders of draft day spread out over 3 weeks? Frustrating, yet awesome.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how we draft in my home league....nice slow draft...we get about 10picks in each day, takes 2-3 weeks.... so easy for everyone.
Hard on the commish though...I usually recruit a couple owners so there's 3-4 of us updating rosters, sending "recent pick" emails, etc.
It's my favorite way to draft! My first auction draft this year proved to be my least favorite way....turns out that I'm impulsive :)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I sure dislike it, a lot!! Bedifferent if there were at least some sort of rythm to it, but so frustrating to see your next up and wait, and wait, and sleep, go to work, wait..then your you're finally too busy to pick, then it's your turn...grrr

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I sure dislike it, a lot!! Bedifferent if there were at least some sort of rythm to it, but so frustrating to see your next up and wait, and wait, and sleep, go to work, wait..then your you're finally too busy to pick, then it's your turn...grrr

I'm with you on this one. I like the fact that it takes me 1 hour to draft a baseball team, and then 9 months to manage it.

Just my preference for time usage and management.....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jays commenters are fit to be tied today due to the called strikes to Melky Cabrera in the ninth inning of last night’s Jays-Rays game. Strikes one and three to Melky were clearly outside.

Pitch one and three were called strikes, pitch two was fouled off. It’s not unlikely that Cabrera felt he had to swing at that due to the call on the first pitch.
Cliff Corcoran pointed this out at SI this morning. And noted that it’s not an isolated incident. There are a ton of outside-the-zone calls being made against left-handed hitters. What’s more, the increase in strikeouts this year is being driven largely by called third strikes, not swinging strikes.
Are the umps setting up poorly and missing the outside corner? Are they, as they have been wont to do over baseball history, just deciding to call certain things in new ways all of a sudden?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone should teach Kinsler to slide.
ian-kinsler-slide.gif

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know! And no one mentions that slide when they explain the reasons for his bruised ribs.

Either his hands stuck in the dirt, or he saw something that caused him to alter the slide.

I hope so at least, as this is kind of part of his job, one that he has been working at for 10-15 years now.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit...now i've gotta figure out how to post GIFs on here.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit...now i've gotta figure out how to post GIFs on here.

Yeah!! Since whatever picture was in that link was blocked for me.......

That said, I doubt I will ever figure this out myself...