• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Zambrano.........anyone? I'm tempted to pick him up for old times sake.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, i've already got one crazy person.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, on a non related subject, i'm a little confused about the commercials for this new website "You Must Love Dating Dogs".com. I mean, i've dated a few dogs in my time, but I don't think I particularly loved it. :what:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got the inside info on the Twins in Atlanta next week? I'm wondering if I should bench Arcia in my money league?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got the inside info on the Twins in Atlanta next week? I'm wondering if I should bench Arcia in my money league?

My sisters brother-in-law's cousin has a friend who's uncle knows a guy who played with one of the coaches brothers, and he said leave him in your lineup.:laugh3:
I'd leave him in based upon his home/road splits, but don't know much more about the kid that what I see in the stats sheets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...I wonder if what Cingrani does tonight makes a difference with Dusty...:scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cingrani is done. Pitch counts are too high and Leake has been pitching well. No chance he keeps the job after the last 3 starts. I'm bummed.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade likely going to kick me in the ass. Hard for me to keep the FAN out of fantasy

Tigers send C.Lee and A.Ethier to RamTough for G.Stanton <3 and J.Parker

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade likely going to kick me in the ass. Hard for me to keep the FAN out of fantasy

Tigers send C.Lee and A.Ethier to RamTough for G.Stanton <3 and J.Parker
I love this trade for you, mainly for Stanton, but also because you pulled Ethier off the wire and used him wisely. Nice job. :clap:

Now you just need to hope that:

A. The Marlins make Stanton happy in Miami.

B. The Marlins make Stanton happy by trading him.

I think that, until one of those two things happen, that hammy's gonna be barkin'. :dhd:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler going to the DL, and there's absolutely no one on the wire I want to pick up. Lookin' like it's gonna be a rough week for the Boyz.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the weekly Re-Crap for week 7. Each week I will recap the weeks matchups and update the current standings for the masses.
Not much more to say so let’s get to it.

WHIP out your FIP 7 – SoggyBottomBoyz 3 (predicted score: Soggy Bottom Boyz 4 – WHIP out your FIP 4)
This one was closer than the score shows. FIP swept the pitching categories, but only took wins by 1 and K’s by 2. As for hitting FIP took HR’s and won a close BA race. Runs were close and FIP could have taken that as well had Fielder been batting in front of Cabrera, but he wasn’t. As a result, The Boyz hung onto runs & RBI’s by 1 point each as well as taking stolen bases with double didgets.

Big League Chew 5 – The Grand Salami 4 (predicted Score: The Grand Salami 7 – Big League Chew 3)
The Salami’s were supposed to put on a hitting display but they forgot their meat sticks. Big League Chew took 4 of 5 here leaving The Grand one to settle for steals. Pitching wasn’t pretty on either side but The Grand One was the best of the worst taking Saves, ERA & K’s. Big League Chew managed to put up a respectable WHIP which was the only point they needed as wins were tied.

Sarnia Tigers 8 – Sportsboys 2 (predicted Score: Sarnia Tigers 7 - Sportsboys 3)
Sarnia truly does have the most dominant pitching staff in the league, and they showed off their abilities again this week taking every pitching category. The Sportsboys had a shot at tying in wins but nobody sent that memo to Derek Holland. The Sportsboys had the better bats as they took batting average & RBI’s, but The Tigers had a little more behind each hit as they took runs & HR’s in a close battle. The stolen base category also went to The Tigers along with the victory.

YellowFuzzy 7 – DUB 3 (predicted score: DUB 5 – YellowFuzzy 4)
What could have been 5-5 tie turned into a Fuzzy victory thanks in part to the mighty bat of Miguel Cabrera. Cabrera’s bat allowed Fuzzy to take over RBI’s and runs along with adding on to a HR total which was already secured. DUB was able to hold on to batting average and also dominated in stolen bases. Fuzzy’s pitching staff was even stornger as they took 4 of five here leaving DUB to settle for the lone saves category.

WolfPack 6 – TKOut 3 (predicted score: WolfPack 6 – TKO 3)
The Pack was supposed to take ERA & WHIP and they did, along with eeking out wins by 1. TKO took saves with their lone closer along with K’s thanks to David Phelps. As for hitting TKO’s reliable batting average wasn’t there this week allowing The Pack to take average along with runs & stolen bases. Both teams matched each other with 12 bombs, but TKO had more men on base enabling him to take RBI’s with ease. The tie in HR’s gave TKO their first tie of the year.

Fudpuckers 6 – D Dude’s Dodgers 4 (predicted Score: D Dude’s Dodgers 5 – Fudpuckers 4)
This one was all about the hitting as Fud was hot this week, posting a .300 BA and a clean sweep of all the hitting categories. Pitching was the complete opposite as Big D took 4 of 5 despite a not so pretty bottom line, but the Dude’s couldn’t buy a win to save their lives so allowing Fud to take the win category and the win for the week.

All teams will meet again for a rematch in week 18

So after 7 weeks, the stands are as follows:

1 Sarnia Tigers (Philabuster5) 41-26-3
2 WHIP out your FIP (Varrys) 40-27-3
3 Fudpuckers (TREFF) 38-30-2
4 The Grand Salami (Tlance) 36-28-6
5 Soggy Bottom Boys (Chef99) 33-28-9
6 DUB (DUB aka Cheese) 34-33-3
10 WolfPack (Reverend Jim) 26-37-7
11 Big League Chew (RamTuff08) 26-40-4
12 TKOut (TKOSpikes) 26-43-1

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is folks, the week 8 preview:

Every single match-up looks tight this week. There is not a single game that looks uneven on paper. Of course, crazy things will happen, but you should be prepared for a nerve-wracking Sunday.

Game of the Week

Wolfpack vs. YellowFuzzy- Wolf 4, Fuzzy 4

This game was chosen as the featured game not only because these two teams are very evenly matched, but they both need wins. Each team is in need of a strong week as they look to climb back toward the top 6.

If they played last week, the score would have been a 4-4 tie.

Pitching- Wolf has the edge in wins and Ks with 5 more starts than Fuzzy. Despite having so many fewer starts, the Fuzzies are no lock to win the save category with only 1 closer active. ERA and WHIP could go either way.

Hitting- The Pack has a big edge in HRs, while Fuzzy usually hits for the better average. All other categories are nearly identical thus far this season. A couple injuries to key players for Fuzz could end up being the difference.

Grand Salami vs. Sam's Sportsboys- Salamis 5, Boys 4

If they played last week, the Sportboys would have dominated 7-2.

Pitching- The Sabathia rainout Sunday gave the Sportsboys 10 total starts. The Salamis chose to punt wins and K's by starting Gregerson and trying to win saves, ERA and WHIP. That is how the match-up is likely to go, as long as the Grand ones get their innings (not guaranteed).

Hitting- The Salamis have the edge in SBs for once, while the Sportsboys should take RBI. The other 3 categories are too close to call and should swing the match-up.

Dub vs. Big League Chew- Dub 5, Chew 4

If they played last week, Dub would have won 5-4.

Pitching- Both sides have an equal number of starters and closers. Since Chew's RPs have really struggled lately, the edge in Saves, ERA and WHIP go to Dub. Wins and K's should be very close. Clayton Kershaw pitching twice may be able to do enough damage to swing the pitching edge back to Big League, however.

Hitting- Every hitting category is very close. The average counting stat differences in each category are less than 2 per week. The only real advantage seems to go to Dub in BA.

Soggy Bottom Boyz vs. TKOut- Soggy 6, TKO 4

If they played last week, TKO would have won 7-3.

Pitching- The boys are hoping to rebound from a disastrous pitching week. Perhaps the gamble on Jake Odorizzi's 2 starts will be the difference between winning and losing here. As is, the soggy one's have the edge in K's and TKO has an advantage in Saves and WHIP. ERA and wins could go either way.

Hitting- Soggy has a clear advantage here. He should control runs, HR and SB based on YTD averages. BA and RBI are too close to call.

WHIP my FIP vs. Fudpuckers- Fud 5, WHIP 4

* Note- This game is a clash of the titans. Each team resides in the top 3 of the standings.

If they played last week, Fud would have won 6-3.

Pitching- Fud will use his 4 extra starts to try to control wins. WHIP is a lock to win the save category. Unfortunately for Fud, K's are no guarantee despite the extra IPs. ERA and WHIP could also be close.

Hitting- WHIP has the clear edge in RBI, while Fud should take SBs and runs. BA and HRs could swing the match-up.

D dude vs. Sarnia Tigers- D Dude 4, Sarnia 4

If they played last week, Sarnia would have won 7-2

Pitching- Big D looks to slow down Sarnia's dominant staff. He has just the team to do it. Sarnia has the big edge in ERA and WHIP every week, but Big D should take Saves and K's with 1 extra closer and 1 extra start. Wins could go either way.

Hitting- The dude is more efficient when it comes to driving guys home, but Sarnia's guys usually cross home plate more often. The other 3 cats are too close to call.

Enjoy the read and good luck this week to all.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you think everyone who started Profar this week is a little pissed off right about now?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you think everyone who started Profar this week is a little pissed off right about now?

probably, but honestly, until about three days ago Profar was batting .230 in AAA, not shocking that they wouldn't just hand over second base, or a decent slot in the lineup.

In other news..Did Guthrie really just give up 6 earned runs with only 2 k's against the friggin 'Stros?!?!? Just my luck.