• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iB4yrOueVD5aP.gif
Dammit...now i've gotta figure out how to post GIFs on here.
If you use google chrome, you just right click on the gif and click on open image in new tab. Then you just copy the address and insert it using the insert image button

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iB4yrOueVD5aP.gif

If you use google chrome, you just right click on the gif and click on open image in new tab. Then you just copy the address and insert it using the insert image button

Thanks Rev...Man, he looks tough, doesn't he? :laugh3:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Rev...Man, he looks tough, doesn't he? :laugh3:

He may look tough, but, if you believe the quotes attributed to Mattingly today, it is his lack of toughness that got him benched today.

Which is also why I think that Donny is now trying to grease his own exit from L.A.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may look tough, but, if you believe the quotes attributed to Mattingly today, it is his lack of toughness that got him benched today.

Which is also why I think that Donny is now trying to grease his own exit from L.A.

Yeah, Donny's probably gone soon, but he's got a decent point there.

I think what's really greasing the skids is his indecision on the closer. Right or wrong, it doesn't reflect well on him.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Donny's probably gone soon, but he's got a decent point there.

I think what's really greasing the skids is his indecision on the closer. Right or wrong, it doesn't reflect well on him.

That was a screwed pooch from the get go. I put that blame more on Coletti, as he was the one that O.K'ed that ridiculous contract for League, when I all but assumed that League was going to get let go, as Jansen is the much more talented of the two.

But what do I know, right?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a screwed pooch from the get go. I put that blame more on Coletti, as he was the one that O.K'ed that ridiculous contract for League, when I all but assumed that League was going to get let go, as Jansen is the much more talented of the two.

But what do I know, right?

Well, I agree with you there. Jansen's got filthy stuff. It's unfortunate that money has to play into this, but with the investments they have it doesn't look like there is much of a choice. I'm sure they're trying to swing a deal or two, but it's a tough position to be in, especially when the guys they're trying to showcase aren't cooperating. I'm pretty sure the Cubs feel the same way about Alfonso Soriano.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help the Cubs, but I might be willing to take Soriano off Your hands.

I don't know that i'm really in a position to trade him at this point, unless you've got something interesting up your sleeve...

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that i'm really in a position to trade him at this point, unless you've got something interesting up your sleeve...

ahhh, I was looking at this weeks roster, didn't see your bench was down to the bare essentials.
Somehow I don't see you trading for a pitcher given your current team. Maybe once Yelich comes up you'll have some wiggle room....if you can hold him for that long.

I'd ask about Kinsler but I'm not sure I could afford him.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:bawling:

As I sit by, wanting to trade, but knowing I will never be able to, as I only need to turn a lesser than OF guy into a greater than one. As it is, I am sitting back, waiting for some of these uber-prospects that many of you are waiting for to arrive, so I can pick up who you cast off.

:gaah:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh, I was looking at this weeks roster, didn't see your bench was down to the bare essentials.
Somehow I don't see you trading for a pitcher given your current team. Maybe once Yelich comes up you'll have some wiggle room....if you can hold him for that long.

I'd ask about Kinsler but I'm not sure I could afford him.

Ha! I'll hold onto Yelich, it's Cingrani that i'm tryin' to figure out what to do with. Nah, Kinsler's not available. Don't wanna go through that infield carousel any more than I have to.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I'll hold onto Yelich, it's Cingrani that i'm tryin' to figure out what to do with. Nah, Kinsler's not available. Don't wanna go through that infield carousel any more than I have to.

Cingrani is fodder in my mind. In a keeper league he has value and if he gets called back up he'll give you k's, but until he learns another pitch I see him as a whip killer. Better off using that spot on someone like Gerrit Cole, Kyle Gibson or (insert name here) that is next to get called up.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:

As I sit by, wanting to trade, but knowing I will never be able to, as I only need to turn a lesser than OF guy into a greater than one. As it is, I am sitting back, waiting for some of these uber-prospects that many of you are waiting for to arrive, so I can pick up who you cast off.

D, i've got this guy Moustakas who'd available. :rollseyes:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D, i've got this guy Moustakas who'd available. :rollseyes:

You actually picked him up after I dumped him?

Ye of much more faith than I..........

Besides, I need a 30 homer OF guy, so no thank you.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually picked him up after I dumped him?

Ye of much more faith than I..........

Besides, I need a 30 homer OF guy, so no thank you.

It was a pure whim. I figure he's got a couple of weeks of bench time to show me something. After that? :wave::wave::wave:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, who in our group jumps on Chavez?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, who in our group jumps on Chavez?

Can't be Jesse.

Can't be Endy.

So it must then be the moden day baseball Lazarus, Eric, back from the dead all of a sudden.

Let me say with 100% certainty, NOT ME.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just checked, and that is 2 days in a row that the Giants are costing me a W with a run in the 9th inning.

Like I did not hate that team enough already?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too Dude! The other way around though. I have Cain and Bum in my money league (and Cain in this one), both pitched well enough to win, but the Giants bats didn't come alive until they were both out....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too Dude! The other way around though. I have Cain and Bum in my money league (and Cain in this one), both pitched well enough to win, but the Giants bats didn't come alive until they were both out....

....., and I had Cain yesterday as well. IN fact, both he and Strasburg are on the same team. So, I go to bed last night, and I think Soriano has 1 out, so I think my team did VERY well, with both of their lines, and a W for Strasburg.....

Only to find I am very wrong. Now, he will probably get the W today instead of Gio.