• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is difficult to attract SP to Colorado, so those with a trade clause block the trade. Look what happened to Guthrie. Sucked here, all-world after he left. This is a repeated theme for SP that come to Denver. We have a few good arms in Colorado Springs. Chatwood called up again looks good and Pomeranz is rounding into shape. Whether we like it or not, hitting will be the answer to winning in Denver for some time.

:agree: They are going to have to well overpay to bring any sort of real pitching talent to Denver. That said, the memory of Mike Hampton i'm sure is still a lingering sore spot there, so....?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking of asking about him, but I'm still not sure if I want to try having closers.
Dudes been solid (not counting his last 2 appearances) but seems like the Jays are either beating the shit out of some one or someone is beating the shit out of them so he is not getting used as much as I need him to in order to get much out of him. Now that the Jays look to be improving maybe he gets more save opps........add that to the fact that there isn't a damn thing on the wire only having one closer is kinda retarded.........well, depending on who it is I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes been solid (not counting his last 2 appearances) but seems like the Jays are either beating the shit out of some one or someone is beating the shit out of them so he is not getting used as much as I need him to in order to get much out of him. Now that the Jays look to be improving maybe he gets more save opps........add that to the fact that there isn't a damn thing on the wire only having one closer is kinda retarded.........well, depending on who it is I guess.

The guy with 1 closer can win the save cat over the guy with none pretty much every time.

Just saying......

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
memory of Mike Hampton i'm sure is still a lingering sore spot there
Hampton and Danny Neagle- ouch that is painful memory

The guy with 1 closer can win the save cat over the guy with none pretty much every time.

This strategy does work- it worked for me this week against Wolfpack. Still was able to start 7 pitchers.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there is a downside to having guys come off the DL...........who to drop to make room when they come back......lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not verified this stat, but I am pretty sure that Miggy has more RBI than the Miami Marlins. Dude is insane.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there is a downside to having guys come off the DL...........who to drop to make room when they come back......lol.

Looks like you'll have to do it again in a week or two. Ol' Tex is finally gonna make an appearance. :omg:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good Rev is making some BOLD moves here. :faint:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good Rev is making some BOLD moves here. :faint:

Well I started to feel like this.

But now I'm starting to feel like this
Startin to come together Pepper, startin to come together.:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Storm the field, then taste the turf. From the game last night in K.C.

royals-fan.jpg

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philabuster is makin' me dizzy with the prospect switcheroos. :what:

I'm a little surprised at this one, I figured you'd hold onto Myers until the cows come home. Or maybe until pigs fly. :flypig:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one was torture, but I gave myself a problem acquiring Stanton.
There was simply no way to hold Puig, Taveras, Myers and Stanton with small benches.
I think Rendon takes over Espinosa soon...he's an all-time favorite of mine. I hope I'm right. And for this year: Myers/Puig? Too tough to call, and dropping Taveras not really an option for me. <3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys, and your "possibly, hopefully, will-be's".................

Well, Jamie Olliver is more of a culinary thing...he, as well as all humans, should be destroyed. The pig-king says so.

Annndddd just like that, Danny Espinosa has a fractured bone in his wrist. And Rendon has been playing second, even though Davey Johnson says he has no intention of playing him there with the Nats.

Davey saying that is pretty much a dead giveaway.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Jamie Olliver is more of a culinary thing...he, as well as all humans, should be destroyed. The pig-king says so

Pointing to myself.

STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should know better than to chime in when I don't recognize the name, AND, when I don't have the benefit of seeing the picture that Rev had posted. To me, it is a large rectangular white box.

SO STUPID!!!!

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I admit to being a little bit of a dreamer.
But....the WW sure is a lot less exciting :)
Wheeler or Hughes? Rendon or Bonifacio?
You're right though in that maybe a few categories lost along the way not doing a better job moving guys in and out of lineup because the bench guy is in the minors.
Hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks, the top guys are all up though.
A risk on both sides of the fence I would argue.... I couldn't tell you, as much as I'm obviously a cheerleader for minors, which way is actually smarter haha