• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mays to Bengals

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@ Still, @ Clyde @ Jikkle

Hey guys, I noticed each of you are claiming Crabtree was a McCloughan pick, so I went to my archived videos to double check myself and found the video at the link below is no longer available:

Singletary Happy With The Draft

So I searched for any information I could find to confirm my claim and instead found the video below, which confirms each of your claims.

Mike Singletary On NFL Network Telling Big Fat Lies About The 2009 Draft.

I recommend all who read this post watch the 3:41 vid before it disappears. I have always said Singletary was also interested in Oher and Maualuga, but in this video he mentions Tyson Jackson as well.

Anyway, we can now all be on the same page forever - Crabtree was a McCloughan mistake.

Thanks Guys!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Still, @ Clyde @ Jikkle

Hey guys, I noticed each of you are claiming Crabtree was a McCloughan pick, so I went to my archived videos to double check myself and found the video at the link below is no longer available:

Singletary Happy With The Draft

So I searched for any information I could find to confirm my claim and instead found the video below, which confirms each of your claims.

Mike Singletary On NFL Network Telling Big Fat Lies About The 2009 Draft.

I recommend all who read this post watch the 3:41 vid before it disappears. I have always said Singletary was also interested in Oher and Maualuga, but in this video he mentions Tyson Jackson as well.

Anyway, we can now all be on the same page forever - Crabtree was a McCloughan mistake.

Thanks Guys!

Nice research. Repped!

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if there was ANY kind of potential, we wouldn't trade him. sooner or later we fans have to get past his measurables and accept.....he just doesn't have the football instincts.

NO ONE is happy about a bad 2nd round pick, but forcing him on the roster is making it worse.

Absolutely. I remember a safety that Siefert drafted real high and then played him when he should not have. He cost us a superbowl trip with some bonehead plays against the Cowboys.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Absolutely. I remember a safety that Siefert drafted real high and then played him when he should not have. He cost us a superbowl trip with some bonehead plays against the Cowboys.

Ahh yes...Dana Hall. Hopefully we can get a decent return for Mays and get something for a guy who was not going to see the roster here.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.....I figured teams would wait us out. No way he was making the roster. The writing was on the wall in Fangio's words and deeds.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss him in madden the most, now who will lay the wood on the guy catching the ball on kickoffs/punts? So many fumbles from him lol.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will miss him in madden the most, now who will lay the wood on the guy catching the ball on kickoffs/punts? So many fumbles from him lol.

Yeah I'm going to miss him on Madden too. And it's not quite right if you cheat and trade something stupid to get him back on the 49ers.

Too bad you probably cannot turn Mays into a pro bowl safety in real life like you can in Madden.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not optimistic that Mays can be a pro bowl player. The onlything tha tgives me any hope is that our D coordinator Zimmer made Roy Williams a 5 time pro bowler. And Williams is just a slower version of Mays.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not optimistic that Mays can be a pro bowl player. The onlything tha tgives me any hope is that our D coordinator Zimmer made Roy Williams a 5 time pro bowler. And Williams is just a slower version of Mays.

pretty sure you guys didn't give up much to get him, so it wouldn't take much from Mays to get value. even being a ST's stud will likely be enough.

you guys must've just had an injury at SS?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope just really crappy SS's. Chris Crocker is our starter, Roy Williams has played a lot the last 2 years when not injured. We have no depth, no youth, no athleticism.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nope just really crappy SS's. Chris Crocker is our starter, Roy Williams has played a lot the last 2 years when not injured. We have no depth, no youth, no athleticism.

I hope Mays can come to life for you guys. What Carroll did to him at 'SC was criminal.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if surrounded by good CB's which we have and not asked to cover 1-on-1 he can be a real weapon. He needs to be used in Zone and blitzing packages and close to the line of scrimmage. Used much like the Steelers use Troy.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if surrounded by good CB's which we have and not asked to cover 1-on-1 he can be a real weapon. He needs to be used in Zone and blitzing packages and close to the line of scrimmage. Used much like the Steelers use Troy.

what are the odds he can start for you guys this year? And when?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm not right away of course, but if he shows something here in the next 2 preseason games and through the first half of the season I could see him starting mid season. And if Crocker gets injured then right away.