• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mays to Bengals

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think the fact that everyone knew he was going to be released would knock down the price?

Oh. I didn't hear about that. Well, so far so not-so-good for Trent Baalke. I'm not impressed with him at all.

Well, i would imagine he would have made the team by the way Fangio left him out of his top safeties. If we kept him i imagine we may have cut Spiller and carried 5 safeties in case teams become interested in later?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think the fact that everyone knew he was going to be released would knock down the price? Who's going to give up a good draft pick for someone they could probably have on waivers?

I'm with you, but i'm just trying not to be disappointed :pout:

That would only make sense for the teams on top of the waiver claim. If you want a player and make sure you have control of him you'll give up something to get him.

I think it's a conditional pick. 5th round with a possibility of it going to a 3.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would only make sense for the teams on top of the waiver claim. If you want a player and make sure you have control of him you'll give up something to get him.

I think it's a conditional pick. 5th round with a possibility of it going to a 3.

I sure hope you're right. Isn't Cinci towards the top of the waiver wire?

I just can't imagine with all the safeties that were available this off season that they could possibly think Taylor offers something more? Obviously he is a big time project and definite boom or bust player. He's leaning closer to bust than one would think possible after only 1 year.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Clements, Manny Lawson, and Taylor Mays

Only the Bengals would try and be the 49er's

That shit was funny (not quite true since the Seahags did it, too). Rep on that. I seriously think they'll be bottom of the barrell this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
its a 4th round pick!!

:) I'll take it!

...although I don't see why the Raiders wouldn't give up the 1st they still have considering his 40 time.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With it being the Bengals least it will be an early 4th round pick.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I sure hope you're right.

Isn't Cinci towards the top of the waiver wire?

I just can't imagine with all the safeties that were available this off season that they could possibly think Taylor offers something more? Obviously he is a big time project and definite boom or bust player. He's leaning closer to bust than one would think possible after only 1 year.

I think Cincy was 4th on the list.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with that, later Mays

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not seeing a source. Where are you guys seeing this?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was droolin for a third but that's just the greed in me. A high 4th for someone without a future in red/gold is better than nuthin'! There were so many guys we could have had in that spot....DAMN YOU SING!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was droolin for a third but that's just the greed in me. A high 4th for someone without a future in red/gold is better than nuthin'! There were so many guys we could have had in that spot....DAMN YOU SING!

Thought you might be interested in this quote from Lombardi:

Earlier this month, Michael Lombardi over at the NFL Network reported that Mike Singletary "was the only person in the 49er brain-trust who wanted to draft the safety"

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not seeing a source. Where are you guys seeing this?

It isn't out yet. Think he was just excited and we all jumped on it. LOL.

Don't think it can be official until Mays passes his physical anyhoo.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you might be interested in this quote from Lombardi:

Earlier this month, Michael Lombardi over at the NFL Network reported that Mike Singletary "was the only person in the 49er brain-trust who wanted to draft the safety"

Singletary and "brain-trust", lol. The guy is an all-time player but he had no business bein' our head coach, and even less of a right to evaluate players. Not wanting us to draft P-Will kinda' says it all.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Singletary and "brain-trust", lol. The guy is an all-time player but he had no business bein' our head coach, and even less of a right to evaluate players. Not wanting us to draft P-Will kinda' says it all.

Ding!