• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew should of known

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually place blame on Ford family first. They put a competitive shittyass product on field and people buy tickets.

The fact coaches can not groom players falls on the GM which is Mayhews fault as end result for keeping a coach who is a total douche bag one year too many.

With all this said I blame Ford and us stupid ass fans who fill the seats for not firing Mayhew when he had the chance and us dummies for paying for a shitty product.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually place blame on Ford family first. They put a competitive shittyass product on field and people buy tickets.

The fact coaches can not groom players falls on the GM which is Mayhews fault as end result for keeping a coach who is a total douche bag one year too many.

With all this said I blame Ford and us stupid ass fans who fill the seats for not firing Mayhew when he had the chance and us dummies for paying for a shitty product.

Oh, stop. You are starting to sound like a Realist and the position is filled. :suds:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misery loves company, they say.

Wouldn't have it any other way.......I don't see you predicting the Lions to be 12-4.....So come join the misery train........It's fun and you will be welcomed.:lol:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, stop. You are starting to sound like a Realist and the position is filled. :suds:

I have said many times I blame the Ford family. I have no desire to be in your club of one.

I would be more impressed if people had ideas to improve what we are stuck with. We know Mayhew gone is the first thing. Not happening this year, so what can the Lions do to improve the situation at hand.

You got any real ideas Muzz or just the world is ending babble?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said many times I blame the Ford family. I have no desire to be in your club of one.

I would be more impressed if people had ideas to improve what we are stuck with. We know Mayhew gone is the first thing. Not happening this year, so what can the Lions do to improve the situation at hand.

Well, we know I'm a realist.

But you said it yourself....." What were stuck with" Can't undo what's done....Free Agency is done, Drafting is done.....So here we are.

The team is what it is......Where do you stand? I'm on record as 8-8......I can't change what I think a unbias view is.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't have it any other way.......I don't see you predicting the Lions to be 12-4.....So come join the misery train........It's fun and you will be welcomed.:lol:

No thanks, I'm firmly in the moderate crowd. I'm not predicting 12-4, you're right. But I'm also not predicting 4-12. No reason to be miserable, I'm realistic on where the Lions are at- middle of the pack, somewhere around an 8-8 finish, imo. We're talented enough to make a nice playoff run, but we also have enough holes that we'd have to play very well and have minimal mistakes all year to do that. I'd like to say I'm being a realist, but that's already been stolen by the pessimists and bastardized into meaning something that it's not.

That new guy made a nice statement the other day when he pointed out that it seems like everything around here is graded on an A+ or an F, there doesn't seem to be any concept of middle ground, or "average" with a lot of the posters on here...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see how it is- you want ideas on how to improve, but when I offer up an idea to improve the defense in practice you're all like "No! Pryor is a piece of shit!" Never mind that he'd be a great tool for the defense (hard to justify a roster spot for a guy whose only job is practice fodder for the starting D though, this I realize)...

:yahoo:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we know I'm a realist.

But you said it yourself....." What were stuck with" Can't undo what's done....Free Agency is done, Drafting is done.....So here we are.

The team is what it is......Where do you stand? I'm on record as 8-8......I can't change what I think a unbias view is.

I have a hard time figuring you out sometimes. You predict 8-8, which is the mark of an "average" or "decent" team, but your assessment of our players, coaches, and management suggest a 2 or 3 win ball club. Something doesn't add up there...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to say I'm being a realist, but that's already been stolen by the pessimists and bastardized into meaning something that it's not.

Come on and join us on the dark side. It is alright to be critical of the team you are a fan of. When you have one playoff win in 50 years and after finally getting back to the playoffs, you then go 11-21 the next two years -- there is a lot to be critical of.

It is easy to blow sunshine up the Lions ass all day, but the issues "the realists" talk about regarding the team is what they need to fix or they will be drafting in the top 10 again. For doing so -- we are called negative.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said many times I blame the Ford family.

I do place some blame on the Ford family as they are faithful to a fault with some of their hires. The reason I have a hard time placing a lot of blame on the Ford family is -- they have built the team a new headquarters and practice facility, as well as a new stadium downtown. They also give the front office free reign to spend money up to the cap limit.

It could be a lot worse -- look at Oakland -- they had to sign anyone and everyone just to get to the league minimum for the cap this year.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time figuring you out sometimes. You predict 8-8, which is the mark of an "average" or "decent" team, but your assessment of our players, coaches, and management suggest a 2 or 3 win ball club. Something doesn't add up there...

There's nothing to figure out. I predicted 8-8. In the NFL 8-8 is a failure not a C+ or a B-.......8-8 is just as good as 0-16....The only difference is where you draft the next year.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing to figure out. I predicted 8-8. In the NFL 8-8 is a failure not a C+ or a B-.......8-8 is just as good as 0-16....The only difference is where you draft the next year.

I see where the new guy got his "A+ or F" comment at. 8-8 is firmly a C+ or B- in the NFL, imo, as its right on the outside edge of being a playoff squad.

I don't get this "all or nothing" attitude, it's just not a realistic standard.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference is that you had a team and coaching staff capable of winning half their games. Winning one or two more, at that point, gets you into the playoffs. So a few more adjustments- a good draft, young players stepping up, signing a couple of key free agents- can put you over the hump.

That's a big difference compared to winning two or three games and needing a total overhaul in order to simply be a competitive team.

If you really think the only difference right now between the Lions and the Raiders or the Texans is draft position, then I'd get just as far debating this issue with a baked potato...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where the new guy got his "A+ or F" comment at. 8-8 is firmly a C+ or B- in the NFL, imo, as its right on the outside edge of being a playoff squad.

I don't get this "all or nothing" attitude, it's just not a realistic standard.

I don't get the everyone deserves a trophy stance either.....8-8 is 500 football. That = C................I can't accept that as a fan nor should any Lion fan.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't even play 500 football last year....We were 7-9.....So on my scale that makes us a D+ football team.....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams don't even necessarily need to be 8-8 or better to make the playoffs. Seattle made it in one year with a 7-9 record. So it CAN be done.

I'm not saying this is the norm so don't go misinterpreting that, but 8-8 is hardly a failure of a season. You would've thought a Seahwaks fan like muzz would've understood that.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said shit about a trophy? Stop trying to debate things that weren't said and stick with reality- you are a self-proclaimed realist after all.

And stop waffling, too. You said 8-8 is an F, now you're calling it a C. That's a big difference right there (and exactly why I have trouble figuring you out). A C I can more or less agree with. I think, just imo, that you (we, he, me, us) gotta grade on a curve though, 8-8 is only a C if someone goes 16-0 and sets a perfect A. Usually it seems like about 14 wins will lead the league, so that puts 8-8 just above straight average.

But that's splitting hairs at that point. We'd both agree that it's in that general range, at least. If you feel the Lions are a C team right now, then we're pretty close on that opinion. If you think they're an F team, then we're miles apart.

Imo, we're a C+ trending upward. We have enough talent that a C+ is underachieving, I think we have the roster of a B+ team, so it will be up to this coaching staff to get better results with said talent than the last regime was able to.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, on a typical grading scale, not even .500 ball would get you more than an F.