• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew should of known

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people don't want to give anything a chance. They'd rather bitch about past experiences and what DIDNT work rather than to look forward to what could potentially work.

And some people just think things will change for the better because you put a new face on it or the Calendar year has changed.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I awlays give them a chance, and they just prove to me year in and year out why I bitch about it. This year will be no different.

I'm mostly bitching because it won't matter if they blitz or drop back in coverage, the DBs we have can't handle either job.
DBs, or CBs?

We have a good pair of safeties back there. Their combined PFF rankings last year place them as the 5th best safety tandem in the league to start this season. That's pretty good.

I think this is another one of those things where the perception differs from the reality- the perception is that we have a bad secondary. The reality is that we suffered from poor CB play last season.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some people just think things will change for the better because you put a new face on it or the Calendar year has changed.

Or maybe because the coaching staff was fired, and we have a whole new one in place?

That's a bit more substantial than the calender year changing. Don't try to make it seem as if the Lions aren't trying to do anything to improve on last year's results. That couldn't be farther from the truth, yet that seems to be exactly what you're implying with that calendar comment.

There's plenty of reason to be optimistic in this situation. Those of you who are too jaded or inherently skeptical to be optimistic right now, well that must really suck. You guys like to act all smug like you know something the rest of us haven't figured out yet, but I'm sooooo glad I don't think that way, and that's not something I will "figure out over time" or any nonsense like that...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. Wrong. I think things will be better bc of the coordinators we brought in.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBs, or CBs?

We have a good pair of safeties back there. Their combined PFF rankings last year place them as the 5th best safety tandem in the league to start this season. That's pretty good.

I think this is another one of those things where the perception differs from the reality- the perception is that we have a bad secondary. The reality is that we suffered from poor CB play last season.

It's a combination of DBs and CBs....If we have all 4 starters on the field at the same time every play....The Lions are probably average. That won't be the case, Guys need breathers tweak things and need taping ankles etc etc.....Just watch what the opposing QB does. They will pick on the weak link.

Seattle doesn't have a weak link in the secondary, that's why there successful.....Peyton Manning couldnt even find a place to throw it.....I'm sure Petyon Manning playing Detroit is thinking Whew it's a bye week.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Wrong. I think things will be better bc of the coordinators we brought in.

I hope your right, but I view it with highly skeptical sunglasses.....

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do place some blame on the Ford family as they are faithful to a fault with some of their hires. The reason I have a hard time placing a lot of blame on the Ford family is -- they have built the team a new headquarters and practice facility, as well as a new stadium downtown. They also give the front office free reign to spend money up to the cap limit.

It could be a lot worse -- look at Oakland -- they had to sign anyone and everyone just to get to the league minimum for the cap this year.

Mike you can give all $133 mill every year. You have to manage it. They can not. The facilities are of no use if the guy Ford hires can not hire the right guy and so on so on...

At least Cowboy fans can blame same person all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Muzz can you honsestly tell me as a Seahwaks fan, that when RW was drafted you said here we go SB baby.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzz can you honsestly tell me as a Seahwaks fan, that when RW was drafted you said here we go SB baby.

Nope, I cant say that, But what I can say is I knew they had a team and played like they believed.

RW was a 3rd round pick.....I might have changed my view if Seattle drafted a 1st round QB....Expectations would have been higher.

If Detroit could evaluate talent like some other teams do they would hit on gold mines and pay less money for such players because they were drafted later in the draft.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now in all seriousness...

Leshoure is added to list of wasted picks from Mayhew. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Leshoures claim to fame in college that he never fumbles? Hard to fumble when you don't get carries.....Later Days Smokey Joe!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leshoure is added to list of wasted picks from Mayhew.

He just adds to the already rough 2011 draft. At least we still have Fairley. Our CBs of the future are slowly being weeded out too. First, Jonte Green is cut and now Chris Greenwood -- but we still have Bentley, until someone cuts a player and probably takes over his role as the nickel back. UGH.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this regime will do shit different. Seems some useless trash being weeded out. Be awesome if Caldwell could cut Mayhew.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fan: "I could run the Lions front office better than Mayhew, but I can't keep track of which fantasy league I'm in."

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. But that was a landslide war for sure. Two days before I fell into a coma, I stood in the middle of Dick's sporting goods for the new uniforms, and watched as the entire drunk mob of Lions fans (at noon of course) cheered "WE WANT CURRY!" and "DON'T DRAFT STAFFORD!"

Pretty much the day I decided I was surrounded by idiots.

Drunk lions fans AND chanting...and it took you two days to succumb? Impressive. I would have been out cold after one drink.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But anyhow the thing with predictions is if you look like BSL and the rest of us are constantly subjected to how amazing you think you are because you choose to make excuses or avoid all of your dumb ass predictions which outnumber the ones you got right most of us wont think much of your opinion.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just adds to the already rough 2011 draft. At least we still have Fairley. Our CBs of the future are slowly being weeded out too. First, Jonte Green is cut and now Chris Greenwood -- but we still have Bentley, until someone cuts a player and probably takes over his role as the nickel back. UGH.

Haha so true on the cornerbacks, I remember how at the time we were told by one very positive poster that the lions addressed the secondary by drafting all of these scrubs late so we would be ok in two years. Same old shit, different year.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I get my mod powers, I've decided that since no thread ever stays on topic, I'm combining all threads into 'The Lions Den' thread. We only really need one thread.