• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew should of known

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sweat it Kreton, like I said, Gandy is too jolly to be an antagonist. He's also completely transparent. You couldn't be mean if you wanted to be, Gandy. You're like Santa Claus.

I can not grow a LP beard if I try, takes like a month to get my goatee in. Too much Injun in me to grow hair.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should of? The OP is an idiot.

That is all.

So you are coming onto a board, with no history of what he's talking about or why and call someone and idiot? And you are going to do so with a name like Beengay fudgepackers? wow. just wow.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have approval. Awesome.

Trolling thread gets trolled by Bears troller. I am honored.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking fluffy bitches

Fat and Happy go together. Skinny people are miserable

I've never fucked any kind of bitches whilst posting. You sir, deserve a medal. And an autographed Coldstone Ice Cream Cake.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never fucked any kind of bitches whilst posting. You sir, deserve a medal. And an autographed Coldstone Ice Cream Cake.

I work with a old Navajo guy. Cool as shit. He said fat girls are better to fuck. "They are clean not much dick in them." He would be the best wingman ever. His only moral in life does she breathe?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any GM who cant predict injuries or drafts a player within the first 5 rounds who doesn't make at least 12 probowls is a shitty GM. Mayhew included.

Are we really defending Mayhew? How about this (and I apologize in advance if this was already asked)?

Name me any player drafted outside the top two picks of the NFL draft by Mayhew that has made ONE pro bowl on the Lions? Basically it eliminates the guy who fell into his lap at #2 overall (Suh).

I'm not asking for a 12 time pro bowler or even a 2 time pro bowler. I'm not even asking for an All-Pro. Just one single pro bowl.

I believe, the closest the Lions have come to a pro bowler outside of Calvin (millen draft pick) and Suh is Delmas being named an alternate one year, in case someone couldn't make it because of injury.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I can't think of another Lion who has been named to the pro bowl since Mayhew has been GM.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I apologize for being late to the conversation -- I see there are almost five pages already. I stopped reading after Kreton's post, so I could make a comment.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was in jest. Relax

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was in jest. Relax

So you are agreeing with the dark side that Mayhew's drafting skills have been substandard?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are agreeing with the dark side that Mayhew's drafting skills have been substandard?

No not really. I think that Mayhew has drafted talented players and as a team the Lions failed to develop those players.

This really comes down to the role you think Mayhew plays. His job is to bring in talent. Coaches, trainers, etc develop talent into professional athletes.

That's not say Mayhew is perfect or even a great gm. But the Lions woes are not entirely his fault.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really defending Mayhew? How about this (and I apologize in advance if this was already asked)?

Name me any player drafted outside the top two picks of the NFL draft by Mayhew that has made ONE pro bowl on the Lions? Basically it eliminates the guy who fell into his lap at #2 overall (Suh).

I'm not asking for a 12 time pro bowler or even a 2 time pro bowler. I'm not even asking for an All-Pro. Just one single pro bowl.

I believe, the closest the Lions have come to a pro bowler outside of Calvin (millen draft pick) and Suh is Delmas being named an alternate one year, in case someone couldn't make it because of injury.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I can't think of another Lion who has been named to the pro bowl since Mayhew has been GM.

While we all know the answer is none... I will say it is a popularity contest. The PB roster is damn near set by week 3 it seems. After watching last season IMO Levy and Big Larry got shafted due to being on Lions.

I honestly do not care if no Lions make a probowl. I just want to win a gotgamn playoff game.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want any Lion playing in that ridiculous farce. Glad Megatron passed on it. Great way to get injured for no reason other than being Goodell's slave. I would fake an injury every time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not really. I think that Mayhew has drafted talented players and as a team the Lions failed to develop those players.

Man -- it sure seems strange that the blame also gets placed on someone else with some of you guys.

Mayhew hasn't been a bad GM. It was the coaches fault for not developing their talent (If this were the case -- the Lions have had some poor coaching for a LOOOOOOOOONG time).

Schwartz didn't instill discipline on the team and that is why they committed so many penalties. When they are flagged at an absurd rate this preseason -- it isn't the coach, it is now the refs who are at fault.

Detroit struggled in the 2nd half of games on offense, it wasn't the players fault, it was Scott Linehan fault for not making adjustments. The same guy who was the OC of the highest scoring offense in NFL history, before the Broncos last year, and the same guy who was hired within weeks of being let go by Dallas.

Detroit's defense didn't get many sacks or turnovers -- Not the players fault -- it was Schwartz and Cunningham's fault for their defensive scheme.

At what point do the fault lie in the player's on the team? The coaches can only put you in a place to succeed. They aren't throwing or catching passes. Nor are they covering players or rushing the QB. A defensive scheme and offensive game plan is only as good as the players put out there to run it.

Prior to Detroit -- Schwartz had Tennessee running the same defense and they had a top 5 unit a couple years (not 100% positive, it could have been top 10, don't feel like looking it up) and he was considered one of the best young defensive minds when Detroit hired him. Cunningham has been coaching professionally since before I was born. Linehan track record speaks for itself -- I believe he was the OC of the Vikings monster offenses.

I just don't get how the blame always seem to get passed around, instead of looking at the roster, in general. Detroit has star power, but because of those monster contracts, the other players surrounding them aren't as good, as there is only so much money to go around. The way to win if you have big contracts -- have great drafts where your draft picks give you quality play at a cheap price. Do you believe Detroit has had great drafts under Mayhew?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not pointing you out Mike.(trustme there many others) I have noticed another thing I see a lot on here in debates. Mayhew is always lumped in with Millen and being his shadow and = to Millen for everything bad. millenhew we see all the time. Mayhew is guilty by association. Which I believe to be true also. Just find it funny that when they are one in the same he never gets credit for a good thing Millen did or he does.

No matter what, the "dark side" will never say drafting Martin in the 5th was a good thing. You never see that Fauria Waddle and possibly Lucas are good things. I am not a delusional homer who poops rainbow sprinkles. Mayhew absofuckinglutely sucks and should be gone. I just don't have a problem giving props for the 5 things he has done right.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give Mayhew credit for not listening to the core fan base. If he did, we'd have Aaron Curry instead of Matt Stafford, BJ Raji instead of Suh, Gaines Adams (RIP) instead of Calvin, and some shitty LT instead of Ansah.

No argument there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pointing you out Mike.(trustme there many others) I have noticed another thing I see a lot on here in debates. Mayhew is always lumped in with Millen and being his shadow and = to Millen for everything bad. millenhew we see all the time. Mayhew is guilty by association. Which I believe to be true also. Just find it funny that when they are one in the same he never GETS CREDIT for a good thing Millen did or he does.

No matter what, the "dark side" will never say drafting Martin in the 5th was a good thing. You never see that Fauria Waddle and possibly Lucas are good things. I am not a delusional homer who poops rainbow sprinkles. Mayhew absofuckinglutely sucks and should be gone. I just don't have a problem giving props for the 5 things he has done right.

I can say without question -- I've never placed blame on Mayhew for anything Millen did. About the only thing I said about Mayhew/Millen is that he picked up his bad habit of trying to build the unstoppable offense instead of investing more on the defense.

That being said -- Mayhew has done a few good things. Some don't like Stafford, but he is the best QB Detroit has had in a long time. Even though Suh fell into his lap -- he still made the pick. Trading Roy Williams was absolute robbery to Dallas, even if he used the pick on the first of two TE's he has drafted in the 1st round (As many here have figured out -- I hate the TE picks in the 1st round).

Hell -- even a broken clock is right twice in a day. Millen drafted Calvin Johnson and he will go down as one of the best WR's in the history of the NFL.

My issue with Mayhew is -- we haven't really had any impact players outside the 1st round. Levy played great last year, but was it a one year thing or will it be the norm going forward? Last year's draft was great, but if you are building a winning franchise -- you can't have a great draft every 5 of 6 years and hope to build a consistent winner. The closest thing to an impact player, IMO, is Warford. He played great as a rookie and I really hope we found something there. You mentioned Fauria, but if Fauria was the player we hope -- Detroit wouldn't have re-signed Pettigrew and spent a 1st rounder on another TE.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dollar-General.jpg

Wtf is wrong with people. Spent 6 yrs as a sales rep for Pepsi my biggest account was wally world......that place is a wretched hive of scum and villany. Point being if that is dressing up then i dont ever wanna step foot in dollar palace or whatever the fuck its called.