• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew sets up power move/overkill for 2016

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s my latest thoughts, whether you find it saturated with bullshit or slightly reasonable. LOL. I think the team is set up nicely going into this season but next year is probably when we will be looking at the best roster we’ve had in a while.

I hate to talk salary cap, but it looks as if the Lions will be in decent shape after the season is over, which should allow the team to spend if they chose to. I’m not talking about over-spending, but I am talking about adding some quality. To add, the Lions will be looking at a draft where they could go into overkill in one area in particular or add a few more needs. I think they could even go WR at some point in 2016.

On offense, the team young and all it needs is a few key players to groom into a couple of roles. Assuming the offensive line is much improved, they could possibly get better by adding some additional help up there. The team could add an additional RB to add with Abdullah, another WR with #1 potential. There’s some real opportunity there to solidify the offense with just a few moves.

On defense, the Lions could add just about anything. Adding more bodies up front would be ideal but the Lions could be in the market for a really good MLB after the season. Levy, Whitehead and Van Noy could be the answer moving forward but an upgrade is always possible. Its never a bad thing to add to the secondary either.

I think it’s a solid group of guys here. I personally think the media and everyone else is waiting for this team to break out and reach the top.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of that cap space will be used on current players.... Hopefully

Seems he is trying to keep his own draftees. Reiff and Levy should get extended. What happens to Ngata and Digs, don't know?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how CJs season goes this year, should dictate where that WR is prioritized. JMO

Still not sure whether he is showing signs of slowing down or just chalk it up to being hampered by injuries.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s my latest thoughts, whether you find it saturated with bullshit or slightly reasonable. LOL. I think the team is set up nicely going into this season but next year is probably when we will be looking at the best roster we’ve had in a while.

I hate to talk salary cap, but it looks as if the Lions will be in decent shape after the season is over, which should allow the team to spend if they chose to. I’m not talking about over-spending, but I am talking about adding some quality. To add, the Lions will be looking at a draft where they could go into overkill in one area in particular or add a few more needs. I think they could even go WR at some point in 2016.

On offense, the team young and all it needs is a few key players to groom into a couple of roles. Assuming the offensive line is much improved, they could possibly get better by adding some additional help up there. The team could add an additional RB to add with Abdullah, another WR with #1 potential. There’s some real opportunity there to solidify the offense with just a few moves.

On defense, the Lions could add just about anything. Adding more bodies up front would be ideal but the Lions could be in the market for a really good MLB after the season. Levy, Whitehead and Van Noy could be the answer moving forward but an upgrade is always possible. Its never a bad thing to add to the secondary either.

I think it’s a solid group of guys here. I personally think the media and everyone else is waiting for this team to break out and reach the top.

That's a very positive outlook considering the Lions just lost their best player and Calvin is a guy battling so many injuries he barely practices anymore.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very positive outlook considering the Lions just lost their best player and Calvin is a guy battling so many injuries he barely practices anymore.

That guy you speak of (he's forgotten about this way) plays for the Dolphins. This is Lions Nation. I like this roster so Ill stay positive about it.

Calvin is a beast.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wait a loooong time for this team to break out and reach the top.

For the median sake I hope the wait is almost over.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems he is trying to keep his own draftees. Reiff and Levy should get extended. What happens to Ngata and Digs, don't know?

Not really for extending Ngata at this point. He shouldn't get any extension before Reiff or Levy who have given the Lions, multiple productive years already.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really for extending Ngata at this point. He shouldn't get any extension before Reiff or Levy who have given the Lions, multiple productive years already.
They're in talks with Levy, and Reiff is under team control through 2016, so getting Ngata re-signed has to be a pretty big priority, right after Levy, imo...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy you speak of (he's forgotten about this way) plays for the Dolphins. This is Lions Nation.

Exactly my point. Hard to field the best roster in awhile when the two best players you've had in over 20 years are gone, or hurt.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the position we are in with
Calvin doesn't need practice, he needs to be healthy. Practice we talkin bout practice?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
practice.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he needs to be healthy, but players who don't practice all week are often not in sync with the rest of the team on game day. That's what doomed Delmas too.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. Hard to field the best roster in awhile when the two best players you've had in over 20 years are gone, or hurt.
So youre not a glass half full guy?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you were worried about fielding the best roster -- You wouldn't be upset at the Lions for not grossly overpaying for a DT. Ngata will demand the same double teams Suh received for 10 million less per season -- Detroit will just have to game plan to get pressure up the middle with blitz packages, unless the other DT pans out. Against the run -- Detroit will still be one of the top 5-10 -- only reason I temper the expectations is the group of RB's they face this year (with AP being added twice, as well as DeMarco Murray, Gordon on SD, Lynch on Seattle, Gurley on StLouis, Jamaal Charles on KC, plus the usual with Forte and Lacy)

I loved having Suh, but not 19 million a year worth of love. I wish the Dolphins and Suh the best of luck, but one player doesn't make or break a defense -- if that were the case -- Houston wouldn't have the 15th ranked defense with, by far, the best defensive player in the league putting up obscene stats.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't hold my breath waiting for the Lions to field two guys considered the very best at their given positions at the same time for 5 years straight. Suh/Calvin was a luxury we will never ever see again on this team in our lifetimes. Good luck fielding a roster where you can say you had two guys like that together for half a decade.