• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew: Megatron Merits Multi-Millions

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky was just coming into his prime. I'll you tell what, he struggled down the stretch after pitching in that 17 inning debacle up in Toronto. He was 13-7 before taking the loss in that game. He may not be anything more than a 12-14 game winner each year but his sinker is one nasty pitch and he finally had a decent defense behind, even though Iglesias was out for the year. I was pissed when that trade for Cespedes went down.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't you dare talk sh*t about Kelly :nono:

so maybe Joba will be relegated to 6th inning duties or a 1-2 out in 7th
Would never dream of it. Eh-Ver!

That's what Im thinking will be Jobas role. 6th and 7th or 8th on days after Soria has pitched three days in a row. Or after Joe Nathan "retires" and Soria takes over as closer.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still pissed about the Porcello deal. Kid was finally coming into his own. He's not much older than Rondon really. And Im sposed to believe in him because of youth. But not Rick!?! Craziness..... Just craziness. Cespedes is Hunter with better wheels and an accent Im afraid. Same hitter. Although a much better outfielder at this, I hope.

Still a one year guy that DD can't offer a qualifier to. The Red Sox were in a corner when it came to the NEED to deal an OFer, DD made it easy for them. Seriously pissed still. I'll always be pissed. Curveballs like that don't come around often.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed? Would it make it worse if I said DOn Kelly is the Tigers Dom Ravioli.

Still waiting on Hammerdown to get that :stink eye: emoticon.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect Staff or Suh to be restructured by the time 60 Minutes comes on Sunday.

Then I'll change my grade to 9.93.

We owe Suh 10 million whether he plays here or not next season. Lewand might change that into a non signing bonus and spread it out over the next four years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs to hurry up, Im stink eyeing this screen sumthin fierce! Dont you ever.....not ever DK loves tuba players ans Tampafans

We owe Suh 10 million whether he plays here or not next season. Lewand might change that into a non signing bonus and spread it out over the next four years.
:think: When Lewand gets home frtom the club or wherever tonight, hes gonna read that and give it a shot.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said about a million times that successful cap mgmt is about proper layering, structure, risk, and vision.

You take out a loan from the Bank over a four year period for the car of your Dreams. After two years of sinking money into it your motor blows, your transmission dies and everything else is leaking... even your tires. You decide it's not worth owning your Dream car anymore so you junk it. Once you saw yourself putting a million miles on it and you only got forty thousand out of it. For the two remaining years left on your loan it's the same as Dead Money, you still owe it but in the NFL you pay later. Not everything goes as planned. But in reality your an expert at hindsight!!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take out a loan from the Bank over a four year period for the car of your Dreams. After two years of sinking money into it your motor blows, your transmission dies and everything else is leaking... even your tires. You decide it's not worth owning your Dream car anymore so you junk it. Once you saw yourself putting a million miles on it and you only got forty thousand out of it. For the two remaining years left on your loan it's the same as Dead Money, you still owe it but in the NFL you pay later. Not everything goes as planned. But in reality your an expert at hindsight!!

When did this thread become about a 1976 Mercury Bobcat?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I "unfriend you". :mad2: ... not that any friendship existed in this 1st place, but you know. :D

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be easier to teach Chinese to a blind newborn than for you to get it.

Your ridiculous analogy to a broken down car is proof of that. Our problems have never stemmed from dead $ on an injured player. There is zero comparison there.

The Suh situation is a perfect example of what I mean where LewAAnd just doesn't get it. Superior business skill is not allowing your star player to have such a ridiculous amount of dead $ entering the final year of his contract.

A lack of vision is why twice he restructured his damn deal that created the dead $ issue and the horrific tag amount.

An inability to assess risk is failing to recognize the known rules of the CBA and how that can impact trying to keep your best players, and doing that BEFORE you make the decision to restructure AGAIN.

Proper lay ering and structure requires everything I've already mentioned and the cumulative knowledge of those points are part of any successful business. And it is a business, one that Lewand has run very poorly and with his complete and total lack of qualifications I am not surprised

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but, but, but, Lewand clearly stated they've been living in that environment (3 huge contracts) and can continue to do so..... :scratch:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like you bought a Ford.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your ridiculous analogy to a broken down car is proof of that. Our problems have never stemmed from dead $ on an injured player. There is zero comparison there.

The Suh situation is a perfect example of what I mean where LewAAnd just doesn't get it. Superior business skill is not allowing your star player to have such a ridiculous amount of dead $ entering the final year of his contract.

A lack of vision is why twice he restructured his damn deal that created the dead $ issue and the horrific tag amount.

An inability to assess risk is failing to recognize the known rules of the CBA and how that can impact trying to keep your best players, and doing that BEFORE you make the decision to restructure AGAIN.

Proper lay ering and structure requires everything I've already mentioned and the cumulative knowledge of those points are part of any successful business. And it is a business, one that Lewand has run very poorly and with his complete and total lack of qualifications I am not surprised

Come on.... If he didn't restructure Suh, we would of never been able to afford to give Houston that sweet 5y/25m extension.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to revive that old "Drama, drama, bitchfest" thread? Some of the whining and general negativity on this thread is getting pretty ridiculous...

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to revive that old "Drama, drama, bitchfest" thread? Some of the whining and general negativity on this thread is getting pretty ridiculous...

No but if we can crack some jokes on Lewand and make people laugh.... It's all worth it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I read this I picture Adam Sandler telling the story of the puppy who lost his way and equating it to the industrial revolution.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^TP, please don't.....PaLEEEEEEEEEZ

it's actually been decent these last few weeks'''

wait.... you talkin' bout my dig against Lewand and his bat sh*t crazy mathematic/accounting skills :mad2:

F.......... U....... :thumb:

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take your blinders off and I wouldn't be speaking in Chinese.

It was good... your an expert at hindsight.

Yea... the CBA which is in favor of the player. Contract extensions are what a player does the year before. CJ had his best season at the time for his Contract Year!! Stafford had an outstanding year to drive his stock up for his Contract Year!! What did Suh do in 2013? I can answer that... he didn't play to his potential in 2013 and most likely seen a contract that WASN'T HIS WEIGHT IN GOLD. Suh had his 2nd best season on the last year of his Contract to drive his STOCK UP instead of the year before like everyone else.

Aww... your problem is with the NFL because the NFL wont let the Lions win. The Lions Organization is only a branch of the REAL Business which is VERY successful. You should know that since the CBA is between the "League and Player", not Organization and Player.
Putting a Franchise Tag on Suh isn't as bad as you make it out to be nor is the Dead Money on Suh and Houston.