• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew in no hurry to extend Levy

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure he wasn't tagged as a DE?

I'm not sure. i thought LB. But I could be wrong.

Edit : looked it up. Tagged as a LB, but he wanted to be tagged as a DE. Obviously Levy won't have this problem.

"Regarding Justin Houston, the projected franchise player designation pays $14.8 million to defensive ends, $13.2 million to linebackers," added ESPN's Ed Werder.

Last edited:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I suspected -- JJ Watt not only had more QB hits than Ansah -- he had more QB hits than Ansah AND Suh combined.

Watt had 50 -- Ansah 25, Suh 20.

Ansah was still very impressive and actually surprised me, as he ranked 6th in the NFL in QB hits behind a who's who of DE and OLB (Watt, Von Miller, Houston, Dumervil, Dunlap)

Only reason I said it had to be Watt is -- I had looked up his stats when we had the Suh conversation. If you want to say he led 4-3 defensive ends in QB hits -- That'd be correct, I believe (not sure on Dunlap), but I believe the other are all 3-4 OLB.

Plus Watt was first in stuffs (14), tackles for loss (29), and QB hurries (32), and second in sacks (20.5) in 2014. And he defended 10 passes. And caught interceptions. And forced fumbles. And scored 5 TD. And...and...and... Ansah, as much as I like him, is not in the top 20 of any of those extremely important DL difference-making categories. Love the guy, but I'd trade you 3 Ansahs for one Watt and two street free agents any day of the week. I'd trade you one Suh and one Ansah for one Watt in a tenth of a second, never mind the cap savings. Watt plays on a different level.

Plus he takes out dickhead stage-rushers at his buddies' concerts.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he is a baller though. I think he deserves a couple years guaranteed money at 8-10 mill a season. I think he will be 30 after 2 more seasons. No reason to guarantee money past the first couple seasons.
I could handle 3 years 24 mil with 16 guarensheed.

Tag next year is projected at what? 15-16 mil?

I think he's worth half that. Since I think he is very good. But I don't think he's great, and pass rushers skew the franchise tag like a sumbidge.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Regarding Justin Houston, the projected franchise player designation pays $14.8 million to defensive ends, $13.2 million to linebackers," added ESPN's Ed Werder.

Interesting.... I thought it was an average of the top 5 LB's as well. Didn't know the top guys were making that much.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's worth half that. Since I think he is very good. But I don't think he's great, and pass rushers skew the franchise tag like a sumbidge.

True,
Definitely should be distinquished between 4-3 LB's and 3-4 players.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying, and his new contract will be measured vs other 4-3 ends. Not everyone is paid compared it what they do vs what JJ Watt does, who isn't a 4-3 DE.

If that is what you are saying -- you forgot to mention it in your posts. Your response to what I said was to call me a lazy poster and then bold a comment that said Ansah led the NFL in QB hits with 20.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is what you are saying -- you forgot to mention it in your posts. Your response to what I said was to call me a lazy poster and then bold a comment that said Ansah led the NFL in QB hits with 20.

It's just a copy and paste from Rotoworld. They assume readers understand each players profile is based on their position. All you had to do was copy and paste my post into Google to fact check it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Watt was first in stuffs (14), tackles for loss (29), and QB hurries (32), and second in sacks (20.5) in 2014. And he defended 10 passes. And caught interceptions. And forced fumbles. And scored 5 TD. And...and...and... Ansah, as much as I like him, is not in the top 20 of any of those extremely important DL difference-making categories. Love the guy, but I'd trade you 3 Ansahs for one Watt and two street free agents any day of the week. I'd trade you one Suh and one Ansah for one Watt in a tenth of a second, never mind the cap savings. Watt plays on a different level.

Plus he takes out dickhead stage-rushers at his buddies' concerts.

Agree 100% on Watt. He is in a league of his own right now and it really isn't even close. To put it in perspective, Watt has 138 QB hits in the last 3 years. Suh is one of the best at getting to the QB and in those same 3 years, he has 71 QB hits. The guy is just a freak.

That being said -- Ansah is a very good player. While he may not be in the top 20 in many categories. He does a lot of things very well. He is extremely good against the run. He was 6th in the league in QB hits and was just outside the top 20 in TFL. He also forced 3 fumbles last year.

I wasn't a big fan of the Ansah pick when we made it, but he has been a key player to our defense and he is a big reason why the defense was so good last year. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying he is one of the best DL, but he is probably in the 25-50 range for DL.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a copy and paste from Rotoworld. They assume readers understand each players profile is based on their position. All you had to do was copy and paste my post into Google to fact check it.

What position is Watt? Isn't he a defensive end? Or are you saying rotoworld breaks it down not only by position, but by the type of defense they play? I'm curious -- I don't ever go to Rotoworld. It seems like that'd be a headache to track, especially with teams who play both a 3-4 or 4-3.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What position is Watt? Isn't he a defensive end? Or are you saying rotoworld breaks it down not only by position, but by the type of defense they play? I'm curious -- I don't ever go to Rotoworld. It seems like that'd be a headache to track, especially with teams who play both a 3-4 or 4-3.

It's not. Rotoworld is the top sports sight out there imo.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not. Rotoworld is the top sports sight out there imo.
What is "it's not" an answer to? I apologize, I'm a little lost.

I may have to start checking out rotoworld. I'm always up for new sites to check out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a headache. But this is starting to give me one lol

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o-JJ-WATT-facebook.jpg

&
A-League-of-Their-Own-geena-davis-13994961-853-480.jpg

EQUALS
Editors-Pick-A-League-of-Their-Own.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is "it's not" an answer to? I apologize, I'm a little lost.

I may have to start checking out rotoworld. I'm always up for new sites to check out.

I like Rotoworld because they give you just the statistical facts with very little (if any) personal opinion. Compare that to PFT, where they never give facts and fill each news update with tons of questionable personal opinions (designed to spark debate amongst readers).

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out there's more than just the Lions board of there....who knew?

The way rotoworld works is they pay writers who are hard core fans to do those little news snippets. I think like 25 cents each. So whoever writes about the team knows their shit. Plus it is edited before published so that it isn't to "opinionated".