• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe I'm Biased, But I Think Running Into The Kicker Was The Right Call

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have been a first down for the Niners but they still had plenty of chances to win. As far as the bad call against Sherman it only makes up for several others that didn't get called so is a wash really.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's strange how far he ran. Lee caught the ball on the 6 and Maragos made contact with him at the 12.

If that's actually a penalty, why wouldn't a punter start to run for it on a 4th down, and then just punt it right before contact is made? I'm sure somebody could aster the art of making sure the punt isn't blocked and get tons of roughing penalties.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yep, the holding call are Sherman was a bad one. I saw the replay and Crabtree pushed off first, and Kaep was outside the pocket anyway.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUNNING, ROUGHING KICKER
Penalty: For running into the kicker: Loss of five yards from the previous spot, no automatic first
down. (This is not a personal foul). For roughing the kicker or holder, loss of 15 yards from the
previous spot. (This is a personal foul, and also disqualification if flagrant).
SUPPLEMENTAL NOTES
(1) Avoiding the kicker is a primary responsibility of defensive players if they do not touch the kick.
(2) Any contact with the kicker by a single defensive player who has not touched the kick is running into
the kicker.
(3) Any unnecessary roughness committed by defensive players is roughing the kicker. Severity of
contact and potential for injury are to be considered.
well shit, this settles the question. running into the kicker was the right call. Does anyone have a gif of the play? It was replayed a ton of times and all three of these sections scream no roughing